Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #31
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

For dessert I tried and loved the signature grapefruit cake. It was very light and not too sweet – I do enjoy grapefruit though. DH had a banana dessert he liked.

DD went for the hidden treasures – ice cream and jelly worms hidden under a cookie.

Used 6 TS credits

We were also given a pass for priority seating to Fantasmic at 7.30pm. The show ended up being cancelled due to the threat of hurricane Sandy – we were told the pass was good for 5 days as it has been cancelled. It did rain really heavily that evening (we went to the outlet mall instead) so it was the correct decision to cancel.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #32
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Joining in Really enjoying the report so far. Great pictures. -Amanda
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #33
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Well how on earth did I miss the beginning of this DR?

As you already know, I love your reviews !!!!!

OK, so as I am late, I will just pick a few fave moments

Your DD being the 100th guest at CP - how cool is that?!

YSH - love that place

Mmmmm - Starring Rolls Cupcakes

Photos of your DD at HBD with not one, but two glowing figures ...... LOVE IT!
Linda67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #34
Earning My Ears

Your dd is so cute with the glow up drink things! Enjoying the reviews, keep 'em coming!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #35
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Breakfast

Chef Mickey’s, Contemporary resort

Rating Very Good

We started the day early with a 7am adr at Chef Mickey’s. This was our third time eating here all at 7am.

The reason we enjoy it so early is all the food is very fresh and it’s not too busy or noisy. I know Chef Mickey’s gets bad reviews but we have always really enjoyed it and to me it is just Disney – all the main characters and a fun atmosphere. Also DD and I love the contemporary with the monorail going through.

We checked in and had our photo taken with the Mickey statue. As we had photopass + this was included. They brought it to us during the meal, I just showed the card and we were given a bag with the photo package in.

We were seated in a room to one side, where we were seated last year.

We all enjoyed the food – plenty of choice. DH especially enjoyed the cheese potatoes.

We met Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto.

Every so often the characters dance and everyone waves napkins.

Used 3 TS credits

Snack

DH needed a snack and got a citrus swirl from Sunshine Terrace.

Used 1 Snack credit

Lunch

Liberty Square Market

I got a baked potato for 1 snack credit from liberty square market – came with butter, sour cream and grated cheese. This made a change and was a good use of a snack credit.

Columbia Harbour House

DH and DD shared some adult chicken nuggets and fries which I paid cash for. I also got some extra fries and a drink for 2 snack credits. We all ate together in liberty tree tavern.

20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Old 11-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #36
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Snacks

Plaza ice cream parlour

We shared two ice cream sundaes in waffle bowls – these were great value for a snack credits costing over $5 each (2 snacks)

DD chose a mickey cake pop from the bakery on main street for 1 snack credit.

Refill mug

We used the refill mugs included with dxddp everytime we went to the pool – our nearest pool was turtle pond at Old key West. The snack bar for refills was open 11 – 5pm daily in October.

Mickey’s backyard BBQ, Fort Wilderness

Rating Good

This was our first time here. We picked up the tickets at concierge at the resort a few days before we went. The show is 2TS credits but includes alcohol and tip.

We took the bus to MK and the boat to fort wilderness. They said to allow 1h 30 mins for transport and this was pretty accurate. The bbq is in an outdoor pavilion a short walk from the boat dock.

It started at 6.30pm. The temperature was pleasant for us but it must get hot in summer.

You were shown to a table based on when you arrived.

Then you help yourself to food – they had a few buffet lines set up. The food was fine – it is definitely counter service standard – so hot dogs, burgers, ribs, salad, coleslaw and mac & cheese. We hadn’t had any counter service food so it was a change for us and we all were happy with it. On the table were condiments, paper towel etc.

You also helped yourself to soft drinks which were lemonade, water and iced tea (all non fizzy)

There was a bar – it was budweiser light limited to 2 cups a person per visit or small glasses of wine.

There was a live band and the characters arrived to dance. It was busy on the dance floor. Every few dances they had a kids only dance – think it was for under 10’s so little ones got a chance. DD wasn’t bothered about dancing – happy to watch and eat.

They then announced you could line up to meet the characters outside which DD and I did. They also signed autographs.

The trick rope cowboy came on. All the children sat around the edge – DD sat there mesmerised.

Myself and DD then had a dance. DD wasn’t bothered about dancing with the characters but it had thinned out a lot at this point and she could have if she had wanted to.

For dessert you could help yourself to Mickey premium bars. They also had ice lollys aswell.

The band play country music – I recognised a Charlie Daniels song and some kids dances –eg Miley Cyrus Hoedown Throwdown (Boom boom clap).

Myself and DD really enjoyed this. DH said it was ok. To be fair he did seem to spend time sitting at the table whilst myself and DD were off doing stuff. If you have a young daughter and have had the pleasure of watching Hannah Montana the movie the whole thing reminded me of the charity barn party in the film.

Used 6 TS credits

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Old 11-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #37
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Snacks

We got the boat back to MK and ended the night in the new fantasyland – we were lucky enough to get into one of the previews after Wishes.

We tried a LeFou’s brew from Gaston’s tavern which was 1 snack credit if you didn’t get the souvenir tankard or goblet. Very sweet.

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Old 11-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #38
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz2notz View Post
Really enjoying your report. Love all the pictures of the menus and the surroundings of the restaurants.

Looking forward to more.
Thank you for reading and posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire View Post
What a super day - DH loves the breakfast lasagne there. How lucky to be the 100th guest and your DD looks super cute in the Minnie outfit

I'm glad she stayed for the tea party - just nerves I suppose. My DD did some kind of cooking at the GF and I think I was more nervous leaving her there!!

The Yachtsman looked fabulous - what a great day for eating
DD was thrilled to be 100th guest. We had a great first proper day foodwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 212456 View Post
Do you think Tusker House would be worth it if you were paying oop?

Everything looks amazing, I'm so hungry reading these reviews, haha!
Tusker is one of the cheaper breakfasts if paying oop - think that and Ohana breakfast are the cheapest. It is a fun breakfast and a big perk is you can get straight on the safari at 9am - we had the best safari ever as the animals were all out eating there breakfast.

Quote:
I see my posts are out of sequence with your days - not sure how that happened

Anyway - the day at AK looks great - love the photo of the empty car park. Your post about Rainforest cafe reminded me that my DD's frog cup is still in the cupboard - perhaps I could have a drink in it for nostalgic reasons!
The cup is now in my kitchen cupboard where no doubt it will stay - she did like it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Great reviews! Your daughter is a cutie pie.

Jill in CO
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Great reviews again!

We love Garden Grill, we actually had an ADR for there on the same night as you but we decided to go to MNSSHP at the last minute
Thanks for reading. Small world! We didn't do MNSSHP this year as we have done it the last two years.

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Old 11-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #39
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Joining in Really enjoying the report so far. Great pictures. -Amanda
Thank for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Well how on earth did I miss the beginning of this DR?

As you already know, I love your reviews !!!!!

OK, so as I am late, I will just pick a few fave moments

Your DD being the 100th guest at CP - how cool is that?!

YSH - love that place

Mmmmm - Starring Rolls Cupcakes

Photos of your DD at HBD with not one, but two glowing figures ...... LOVE IT!
Hello Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 212456 View Post
Your dd is so cute with the glow up drink things! Enjoying the reviews, keep 'em coming!
DD was thrilled with the glow cube - the server TiTi was lovely and very kind to bring her all the light up things

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #40
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Another great day for eating!! I love the jacket potatoes at MK - I think they make a cheap snack - something hard to find in WDW
Old 11-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #41
labfan
Mouseketeer

Great reviews and pictures. Your daughter is adorable in her "Disney" outfits. Thanks for posting on the baked potato as a snack - I didn't realize they had that.
labfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #42
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! I'm excited to try Yachtsman Steakhouse for the first time in January.

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #43
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Another great day for eating!! I love the jacket potatoes at MK - I think they make a cheap snack - something hard to find in WDW
Thanks for reading. Was my first time having one in MK but definitely made a good snack lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labfan View Post
Great reviews and pictures. Your daughter is adorable in her "Disney" outfits. Thanks for posting on the baked potato as a snack - I didn't realize they had that.
Thank you. DD took alot of outfits with her - she enjoys dressing up. They also had baked sweet potaotoes at the same place for a snack credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Great reviews! I'm excited to try Yachtsman Steakhouse for the first time in January.
Thanks for reading

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Old 11-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #44
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Breakfast

‘Ohana, Polynesian resort

Rating good

This was our second time here. DH and DD really enjoy it here. To me the food is ok – would prefer more choice. I do like not having to get up to the buffet though, makes it a very relaxing meal.

Our adr was for 7.30am opening. We checked in and were given a lei each. They take your photo – this was again free for us as we had photopass+. The servers sing a little welcome song as the restaurant opens then we were seated straightaway.

We actually had the same table as last year by the window.

We had coffee and the mixed fruit juice to drink. DD had chocolate milk.

We had a platter with pineapple and raisin bread and a plate of lovely fresh fruit. Then a platter to share with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, Mickey waffles, and potatoes.

DH got into the spirit and wore his Hawaiian Mickey shirt.

We met Stitch, Lilo, Mickey and Pluto. DD also did a parade around the restaurant with the characters.

Used 3 TS

We did have charging on our KTTWcard. Later in the trip I noticed we had too many credits left and checked with concierge at our resort. The server had accidently charged it to the room not credits. This was easily sorted by concierge and we were deducted 3 credits instead.

We also parked at the Polynesian and got the monorail to MK after breakfast. We told security and they were fine – it wasn’t busy and we had our resort parking pass in the car so they knew we weren’t trying to avoid parking charges at MK.

Snack

DH got a coffee float, which he rated as excellent, from sunshine tree terrace at MK for 1 snack credit.

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Last edited by dixonsontour; 11-24-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #45
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Lunch

Plaza, MK

Rating good

This was our second time eating here. We had a 12 noon adr.

The server explained the milkshakes had to count as your dessert they weren’t a drink on the dining plan. I had loved the milkshake last time so got a strawberry one.

We all also had coke to drink.

We started with the loaded baked potato soup each which was very good and DD had apple slices.

DH then had a Reuben with fries and I had the club with fries. DD had a mickey sandwich – she asked for ham on white bread and they could do that. The fries are very good here – like English chips.

For dessert DD had a mickeylodeon with mint ice cream and chocolate mickey ears. DH also had a milkshake.

Whilst we were eating one of the main street characters – the music teacher, I forget her name – popped in to say hello to everyone.

Used 3 TS credits

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: