Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
evabraniff
Mouseketeer

Our upcoming trip 5/1-5/7/2013!

Hi all! We are 9 days out from leaving on our 2nd trip to WDW! So exciting! We're driving it in 2 days, coming from WV. The 4 of us went last may too, perfect time of the year IMO. :-) we are traveling with our 2 yr old son and 7 (almost 8) yr old daughter. We decided to go for all new experiences with our ADRs this yr, aside from one (coral reef- yum!)

Here are the list of places we are eating this year, I'd like to know some stories from you all who have eaten at these places before :-) thanks!

Dinners:
Le Chefs de France
Coral reef
Rose and crown
O'hana
Kona cafe

Breakfast ( we're only doing one breakfast out, the rest will be in our room to save $)
O'hana

We have a few meals we have undecided still, suggestions are welcome! :-) especially for quick service lunches that we usually don't plan, just wait to see what's around

Thanks in advance!

May 2012 : Coronado Springs
May 2013 : Caribbean Beach Resort
evabraniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

your ADR'S all look great Have fun on your trip --We still have 40 days and time is moving so slowly!

You said you had other meals to choose, Since you have young kids have you thought about doing any character meals?

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
tammilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

Looks like a good line up!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
bnas
Earning My Ears

so, how were they?
bnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
kimmott
Earning My Ears

Looks good!
kimmott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
evabraniff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnas View Post
so, how were they?
Well, our plans changed while we were there!! Here's a short mini report/review

5/1/13
Lunch
Pinocchio village Haus
Eh, food was ok. Not terrible. My portion of Caesar salad was huge. We got a seat looking into its a small world, DS loved it!!
DH got the Italian flatbread sub and he loved it

Dinner
Chefs de France, ADR was for 7:10 but we were hungry around 5:30. So we walked up and got seated immediately.
Wonderful! Food was great, the kids loves seeing chef remy, service was good- however, before tip, we were entitled to around $3 change and the server kept that.

5/2/13
Breakfast
Ohana breakfast
DELICIOUS! I can't say enough. The food was awesome, they separated the platter as ds has an egg allergy. The character greetings were great, DS about jumped out of his seat! They both enjoyed the parade in the morning, as well.

Lunch
Pecos bill at MK
I got a burger. It was a pretty great burger for CS!

Dinner
Coral reef. Ok so we came back here strictly for desserts and environment. I got the chicken and it was great. The kids love eating here. It's not my favorite, but damn the dessert is where it's at!!!

5/3/13
Breakfast
Food court at CBR, just got random things, cinnamon rolls, fruits, nothing special.

Lunch
Backlot express at HS
Nothing special here, other than one of the CMs traded pins with my DD several times

Dinner
Ohana (yes again!)
This meal was good, not great for me. I'm not a huge meat lover. BUT the chef came out to talk about DS allergies and brought the stuff he couldn't have on separate dishes. The kids again, loved the coconut races and had a blast!

5/4/13
Breakfast in room
Pop tarts and bananas!!

Lunch
Flame tree BBQ at AK.
All I have to say about this one is DAMN! It was SO good! I got the pork sandwich. DH got the ribs. SO SO SO GOOD! (And while here, a CM talked DD into riding expedition Everest! And she LOVED IT)

Dinner
Maya grill at CSR - no ADR here, just did a walk in.
Terrible. Awful. Horrible.
We got the steak fajitas. They were practically inedible. The service was awful. The server was rude and shot us dirty looks. The kids didn't eat, the dessert tasted rancid. NEVER AGAIN.
DH emailed Disney about it, we ended up getting our TS credit back from this meal.

5/5/13
Breakfast in room
Yeah!

Lunch
Be our guest as a CS was amazing!!!! The food was great, DD and I both felt like we were in the middle of a movie. It was awesome. We got in line around 10:45, DH held our spot while DD and I went to meet gaston!

Dinner
Citricos at the GF (we originally switched Kona cafe and rose and crown... So we cancelled Kona...)
Yum! This is a signature, but since we got a TS back, we went for it and I'm glad we did! DS ate better here than anywhere else and the food was amazing! The service was great, atmosphere was great. We loved it! Hands down best meal ever.

5/6/13
Breakfast in room

Lunch
Liberty tree tavern at Epcot..
Nothing special. Food was so so. Dessert sucked. But it was there, and we were hungry.

Dinner
Chef mickeys!!!!!
We were taking a break at the contemporary and saw a woman standing at the podium around 4, asked if any reservations were still available Nd she told me no, but early walk ins are seated quickly. So we checked in at 4:45 and said to hell with our rosé and crown! We were seated at 5 on the dot and had a wonderful meal. The food isn't great but it's not terrible either! The interaction with the characters was wonderful. So so glad our last meal of the trip was here. :-)

May 2012 : Coronado Springs
May 2013 : Caribbean Beach Resort
evabraniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

What did you get for dessert at LTT? The ooey gooey toffee cake is amazing!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: