Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Thank you all SO Very Much! It was so much fun to do! You should definitely go for it if you're at all thinking about it. Creativity is about freedom so don't think your book (or whatever you want to make) needs to look any certain way. If you love it, then it's done perfectly!

I just did online check in for our upcoming trip (3 days!) and although my mind is full of lists for packing and cleaning and doing - the back of it is already thinking of ways to commemorate this upcoming trip! I've got a plastic bin full of full pages and a bin of smaller cut outs and stickers just waiting.

This 2010 book was so thick (yes, dogcarbon, the rings are 3", the biggest I could find) and this trip is a couple days longer - I'm not sure how I'm going to put it all together. Maybe I'll do it in multiple volumes. Maybe I'll use the Bind-It-All. Maybe I'll look around for larger rings. Whatever I decide, I know it will be a blast to work on, and a great way to relive the trip and make it through the inevitable post Disney blues that will come with returning to real life.

Thanks again guys, and I'll be sure to show you whatever I end making next!
dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #17
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I just found this thread because someone else in another thread remembered your book. IT IS FABULOUS!!! I have seen some other projects on Pinterest with the old Disney books and have started to pick up a few at the library booksale and Half-price Books. I haven't decided exactly what I want to do with them but this is very inspiring.

Hope your 12/2012 trip went well and can't wait to see what your new book looks like!

May 11-17, 2014 - Pop Century, Epcot Flower & Garden Festival and the opening SWW
November 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside, MVMCP

Oct./Nov. 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP, right after Thanksgiving • 2002 - short visit after conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; even did Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

mickey1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #18
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Oh, that was just adorable. What a beautiful keepsake. That's awesome.
MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
3AUTigerFans
Mouseketeer

I just love your book! You mentioned in one of your post that you had just taken an online class. I would like to hear more about the class.
3AUTigerFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
sue_88
DIS veteran

I enjoyed looking at your memory book!
I also like to keep every little thing from my trip and then add pictures and stickers. It really makes the memories more tangible.
I never thought of keeping a cup from club cool! I think I will be doing that next time.
thank you for sharing!!

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
sue_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #21
MickeyP
DIS Veteran

Love this book and your handwriting (it looks like a font)!!!
MickeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #22
Lanie
DIS Veteran

LOVE LOVE LOVE that idea of taking old thrift store Disney books!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!
First Trip May 2004:All Stars Movies - Engagement Trip September 2005:Best Western Movieland & All Stars Movies - First F&W as well as MNSSHP September 2006:Port Orleans French Quarters - Honeymoon October 2007:Sandals Royal Bahamian & Animal Kingdom Lodge - DVC Buying Trip August 2008:POP Century - Our first cruise and MVMCP December 2009:Caraibbean Beach and the Magic - Liam's First WDW Trip December 2011:Poly and Kidani Village - Liam's First Cruise April 2012: Western Caribbean on the Fantasy - Blaire's First WDW Trip October 2012:All Stars Movies - Lexie's First WDW Trip March 2014:Bay Lake Towers
Lanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #23
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Wow guys! Thanks for all the kind words! Seriously, I'm kinda beaming right now. I'm so glad you liked it! I had kind of forgotten I had this post here, so please, forgive me for taking so long to respond!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
I just found this thread because someone else in another thread remembered your book. IT IS FABULOUS!!! I have seen some other projects on Pinterest with the old Disney books and have started to pick up a few at the library booksale and Half-price Books. I haven't decided exactly what I want to do with them but this is very inspiring.
Thank you! I hope you got some more inspiration and a chance to make it work. Obviously I think old books no one wants anymore are a great resource. I'd love to see what you came up with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
Oh, that was just adorable. What a beautiful keepsake. That's awesome.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3AUTigerFans View Post
I just love your book! You mentioned in one of your post that you had just taken an online class. I would like to hear more about the class.
It was this workshop from Elise Blaha. It was great and gave me lots of ideas and techniques. I'm not sure how much longer she's offering it so hurry and check it out if you're interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
I enjoyed looking at your memory book!
I also like to keep every little thing from my trip and then add pictures and stickers. It really makes the memories more tangible.
I never thought of keeping a cup from club cool! I think I will be doing that next time.
thank you for sharing!!
I so agree about the ephemera from trips. It makes it so much more real, I think, and helps me remember bits so much better. Plus it's really real stuff you can only get when you're there - I like that, too. Somehow it just helps put me right back in the memories of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyP View Post
Love this book and your handwriting (it looks like a font)!!!
Aww, I love that! Thanks so much. My kid has spent her entire life saying I have messy handwriting and that she can't read it - so that's a compliment I really love to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE that idea of taking old thrift store Disney books!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!
You are so welcome! Looking back at this I realize I never quite finished posting the rest of the book! Bad dis'er! I am going to finish it up over the next week - promise!
Old 09-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #24
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Day 5

It's day 5. We're almost done with our amazing trip to Disney. That's never a good feeling.

On the left, I've used a page from the Bambi book to list the parks we visited that day. Flower is a 3D sticker. On the right, a sheet of vellum in front of an Epcot schedule from that day.

Of course I couldn't get a picture of us on Soarin', so I used one from online. I took the picture of the sign. These small pictures I made at one of the kiosks at Target, although I've seen them at any of the stores that print photos. I used the option to print 4 photos on a 4x6 print, and then cut them (and rounded the corners) at home.

We really loved Soarin' so it got a whole page dedicated to it!

On the right is a clean part of the paper our pretzel came in.

On the left, more of the pretzel paper. On the right, another postcard from the BatB postcard book.

I stuck a photo of Hannah at Hurricane Hanna's with our pager to the back of the postcard. On the right is the Guest Check I made to list our lunch choices.

The back of the Guest Check lists our dinner choices at Tutto Italia. The right is one of the little slips they hand you with your ride photo number on it.

We didn't buy the ride photo from Tower of Terror, but I took a photo of it on the display and attached it to the back of our ticket. On the right, a Snow White book page is the background for a shot of Hannah outside of Tatooine Traders.

On the left it's a shot of me in front of my new favorite ride with a background of scrapbook paper. The right shows us worn out on the bus, again with some scrapbook paper and a journaling card for some words.

As tired as we were, we headed for Epcot. I added a cut out photo of Hannah's coffee cup and a note about the cold to the left side. On the right is a photo of the girl by the wishing well in Germany.

The back of the Germany photo is a shot of an Italian fountain. On the right, we list our daily high points on a page from an Ariel book.

The left side is a list, story and photo about the day's shared low point, and on the right, the start of our last full day, day 6.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: