Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
ladyleopard1106
Mouseketeer

Nov. 2014 WDW Honeymoon

Hi everyone! I haven't been on the boards in forever! My fiance and I will be honeymooning at WDW in Nov. of 2014...he's never been there (or to Florida for that matter), and I haven't been to WDW since 2003.

We will be doing drinking/desserts around the world in Epcot (yay!)...but does anyone have any other tips or suggestions? I'm making scrapbook pages for all the things I want to do and show him.

Also, does anyone know if there is a current list somewhere of the characters that can be found on the properties?

-Lori
ladyleopard1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Kaylars
Mouseketeer

We could have been drinking buddies but Disney messed up their cruise schedule. I heard some neat things is picking a oyster to get a pearl and you can make a necklace or something out of it. Get a epcot passport and maybe staple all your receipts from drinking around the work to each page of the world you visit.

hmm, I'll check my book to see what else I put down
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
ladyleopard1106
Mouseketeer

Awww...sorry to hear your schedule got messed up! Are you going to be at WDW at all?

Paul is more or less going along with whatever I want to do, but I don't want everything we do to be because I want to do it...we both enjoy drinking, so the drinking around the world thing makes total sense for us. LoL. And I'm all about having my picture taken with the characters, so I'm hoping I can convince him to get in some as well.
ladyleopard1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
Kaylars
Mouseketeer

We will be down 12/6-12/11 before our new cruise date. We've never done either so we're pretty excited.

Same with my fiance, he's excited but doesn't know what is going on lol he just wants food and drinks
Old 07-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

When is Nov is your honeymoon? We'll be in WDW from Nov. 1-8th before we cruise.

I'd say the dining reservations are probably the most important. ie. If you or your fiance are wine drinkers, Jiko has the largest selection of South African wines in the US.
Also, although we didn't like our meal there, at Flying Fish you can do a wine flight with your meal. DH really enjoyed that.

Also, if you are going the first week of Nov, it should be the last week of Food and Wine Fest, so you can really have some great food and wine/drinks experiences!

There are loads of ideas to make your honeymoon magical...I know there will be many more who will chime in here and help out!

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
Fantasia79
Mouseketeer

Oh wow. Wine, food and Epcot could be some of my favorite reasons to travel. My job doesn't allow me to really have free time in September & November, so you're kinda living my dream going to Food & Wine Festival.

The upstairs restaurant in France (I think Monsieur Paul is its new name). Is pretty much spectacular. Deserts are a must when dining here.

Tutti Italia and Via Napoli are both excellent.

If you haven't considered 'Ohana you should. Lots of great food, don't fill up on the exceptional bread, you don't want to miss out on later courses. You'll want to book it after the singing lady is gone for the night. Unless you need to hear that, "everyone is a winner" about 20 times while you eat. I'm sure kids love it.

My wife convinced me to try breakfast at Boma a few years ago (full disclosure, my version of breakfast is coffee & a croissant). It was amazing, be sure to get their version of OJ.

Tequila bar in Mexico is very cool too. A must stop for us now.

Brown Derby, wow. I was not expecting it to be as good as it is. Pork Chop, you can't go wrong.

I've heard Narcoossee's is amazing, and I'm planning on trying it next time I go.

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My first trip report! Flower & Garden Birthday Spectacular
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post51003637

Grand Floridian 88, 89 Fort Wilderness Lodge 90, 94 Off-Site (with group as HS Band Member) 97
Off-Site (with group as HS Band Director) 03, 07, Dec 09, Dec 13 Polynesian Aug 09 Coronado Springs Aug 11 (30th Birthday) Caribbean Beach Jan 12 Beach Club Villas Mar 14
Fantasia79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: