Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #16
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden
You guys are awesome !!! Still though wish we canadians could get the DDP ... I know I probably couldn't eat it all, but I sure would try !!!
We've never gone without free dining and are Canadian...
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #17
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
We've never gone without free dining and are Canadian...
ME TOO!! Never had to pay for dining. Wait, im lying, just remembered there was this ONE time I paid for it. But thats it. Just once. I always book trips around free dining. Its a much better deal for us than the room discount.

OP, I dont understand how you end up with that many credits leftover. Your family must have TINY appetites.

Just so you know, for all your leftover CS credits, you can convert them to snacks. You can get 3 snacks for 1 CS credit! Every resort food court I have stayed at has allowed this. Its too bad those credits went to waste.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

Last edited by goofyintoronto; 11-22-2012 at 08:06 AM.
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #18
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBeano View Post
Wow, free dining, 42% off rooms, and 50% off tickets?? Do tell...
This is a typical offer...for residents of Great Britain.

Canadians are offered free dining the same as US guests are (which is to say they have not been offered any free dining, absent PIN codes or bouncebacks, for 2013 yet.) There was also one offer last year specifically for Canadian guests.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
KimBeano
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
This is a typical offer...for residents of Great Britain.

Canadians are offered free dining the same as US guests are (which is to say they have not been offered any free dining, absent PIN codes or bouncebacks, for 2013 yet.) There was also one offer last year specifically for Canadian guests.
Got it now! Guess it works out about the same then, I can drive to Orlando on one tank of gas. LOL!
KimBeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #20
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
ME TOO!! Never had to pay for free dining. Wait, im lying, just remembered there was this ONE time I paid for it.
So how does one pay for Free Dining??
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 AM   #21
Geordietyke
Mouseketeer

We were left with so many QS credits simply because we couldn't eat 4 QS meals at lunchtime, therefore not using 1 or 2 daily (which mounts up over an 18 day stay!!). We also were out of Disney for 4/5 days, therefore not using a further 4 QS at lunchtime (x 4/5 days). Now can you see how we had a ton left With having a TS meal for dinner every night, we couldn't use any spare QS then. We typically don't really eat breakfasts so couldn't use a QS then either!

We tried to convert our QS into snacks in the resort but cashiers said it couldn't be done, I tried though.

No more trips planned but desperately working on hubby for 2015
Geordietyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #22
ambermiller6970
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geordietyke

Interesting reading your post too. It was funny in Goofy's yesterday morning. We had 23 snack credits to spend (we had to rebook for our last day as Disney's computer system can't book long stays like ours) and somehow we ended up with 2 extra credits from somewhere. Anyway, we piled 23 lots of sweets into our basket and the cashier immediately commented that we must be using up our snack credits before we left They must be able to spot us Brits a mile away, trying to use up all those credits.... The sweets have made perfect little gifts for school chums and kids in our family. We still had 11 CS credits left though, just could not use them up

cm's can definitely spot us- early on in our holiday, we got a couple of drinks for snacks (shock/horror!) and the cm and her colleague couldn't get over the fact we had over 100 snack credits, they had quite a discussion over it!

funny story-my dd and i were waiting for ds and dh one day at dhs. a lady came up to us and asked if we were having a good time and how we were managing the weather with coming from england?!
i smiled and said we were fine, but we were intrigued how she knew where we were from as we weren't talking loudly at all. however, we soon discovered, as she quickly followed with,' i knew you were english because of your skin tone, i' ve never seen folk so pale!' we were most amused and couldn't wait to share with the boys. the best part of this little tale, we were on day 12-and for our 'skin tone' we were tanned.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
ambermiller6970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #23
married2mm
DIS Veteran

with only fairly recently becoming acquainted with the dis, i was totally unaware we could use up snack credits at the end of our stays.

it was never mentioned at check out.

so,the previous 3 trips with dining plans- we left without using up sc at all.

in august,it was the first time a cm commented on our balance, but never offered the option to use cs credits for snacks also. it seems it's rather hit and miss.

foodwise on holiday- occasionally, dh and kids have cooked breakfast at the foodcourt,i don't like cooked breakfast- but most days we start with cereal, toast, bagels, fruit and cereal bars. that's 4 credits not used most days.

we don't eat hot meals for both lunch and dinner, it's usually lunch- and dinner is light back in the townhouse.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #24
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

We love our snack left overs when we go. We usally book when free dining is available (which BTW I'm canadian and we do get such offer) upgrade to Deluxe, we eat were we want and most often then none have too many snacks whic hwe pack cereal bars and so on to bring home to school friends and family. They love it when we travel to see the mouse.

We are already dreaming of our next trip already although we have been back for only 3 months. We booked a free dining bounceback for next year and looking forward to it.

This past August we were offered to trade 1 cs for 1 snack at POR. Apparently they don't do the 1 cs + 3snacks anymore there.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #25
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
So how does one pay for Free Dining??
That was a typo. Sorry. What i meant to say was, we dont PAY FOR DINING. We always get free dining, except this ONE time. I knew if i wanted to go i had to pay for dining. I didnt mind thou.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Old 11-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #26
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses View Post

This past August we were offered to trade 1 cs for 1 snack at POR. Apparently they don't do the 1 cs + 3snacks anymore there.
EXCUSE ME??? You've gotta be joking! ONE CS credit for ONE snack??? That has to be a mistake. Its gotta be! im guessing the employee wasnt informed or something. Come on, one snack can be as little as $1 and as high as $5. A QS meal can be $10 and up. And they think its ok to swap a QS credit for a snack?????

Old 11-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #27
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
EXCUSE ME??? You've gotta be joking! ONE CS credit for ONE snack??? That has to be a mistake. Its gotta be! im guessing the employee wasnt informed or something. Come on, one snack can be as little as $1 and as high as $5. A QS meal can be $10 and up. And they think its ok to swap a QS credit for a snack?????
i've read of this on here before--don't know if it's specific to fd, or just how it is, we've never tried.
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #28
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdelight View Post
i've read of this on here before--don't know if it's specific to fd, or just how it is, we've never tried.
A few years ago I was down there with a fellow DISer. We were both on the DDP (paid, not free dining). She was leaving the day before me, so her last day we tried to trade her extra CS credits in at Starring Rolls for snack credits to use for their cupcakes. They would not let her and told her that she'd have to go to our resort where guest services could trade CS credits into snack credits, but they weren't sure how many she'd get for each CS credit. When we went to guest services at CSR the CM told us they could not do it, but to try in Cafe Rix there in the resort. The CM at Cafe Rix told my friend that it would be a one for one exchange. We told her that we'd heard it was three snack credits for one CS credit. She double checked with another CM, but came back to say she had been right and it would be a one for one exchange. I hated it for my friend, but was glad it happened the day before I was to leave. I normally skip breakfast, but made sure I used a CS for breakfast the next morning, then went by Boardwalk Bakery the next day and got two CS meals to take to the airport with me. No way was I trading a CS credit for a Snickers bar like my friend had to do the day before.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #29
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep that's what I was told by more then one. As a matter of fact dh had to play a little game with one of them and tell her pretend I ordered a lovely pizza with a water and I'll take this mickey bar as my dessert.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #30
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

I was at CSR in August (last week of August) and I was able to trade 1 CS for 3 snacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
A few years ago I was down there with a fellow DISer. We were both on the DDP (paid, not free dining). She was leaving the day before me, so her last day we tried to trade her extra CS credits in at Starring Rolls for snack credits to use for their cupcakes. They would not let her and told her that she'd have to go to our resort where guest services could trade CS credits into snack credits, but they weren't sure how many she'd get for each CS credit. When we went to guest services at CSR the CM told us they could not do it, but to try in Cafe Rix there in the resort. The CM at Cafe Rix told my friend that it would be a one for one exchange. We told her that we'd heard it was three snack credits for one CS credit. She double checked with another CM, but came back to say she had been right and it would be a one for one exchange. I hated it for my friend, but was glad it happened the day before I was to leave. I normally skip breakfast, but made sure I used a CS for breakfast the next morning, then went by Boardwalk Bakery the next day and got two CS meals to take to the airport with me. No way was I trading a CS credit for a Snickers bar like my friend had to do the day before.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: