Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #1351
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,523

Consecutive Monday page ownage!

DD got her ears pierced yesterday for the first time. Just walking through the mall and she decided she wanted them pierced. I asked if she was sure and she said yes, but wanted to listen to Disney music while it was done to relax her (she's definitely my daughter and hooked for life). She got birthstone flowers as the starter set, but made it perfectly clear that she expects Tinkerbell earrings for Christmas to put in as soon as the starter ones come out. Anyone seen any good ones for preteens? The ones on Disney.com are all $500 and up. They need to be sterling silver or gold.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #1352
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971
Consecutive Monday page ownage!

DD got her ears pierced yesterday for the first time. Just walking through the mall and she decided she wanted them pierced. I asked if she was sure and she said yes, but wanted to listen to Disney music while it was done to relax her (she's definitely my daughter and hooked for life). She got birthstone flowers as the starter set, but made it perfectly clear that she expects Tinkerbell earrings for Christmas to put in as soon as the starter ones come out. Anyone seen any good ones for preteens? The ones on Disney.com are all $500 and up. They need to be sterling silver or gold.
How olds your DD? I expect mine to ask to get her done in the next few years
__________________
moose615 is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #1353
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,567

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Consecutive Monday page ownage!

DD got her ears pierced yesterday for the first time. Just walking through the mall and she decided she wanted them pierced. I asked if she was sure and she said yes, but wanted to listen to Disney music while it was done to relax her (she's definitely my daughter and hooked for life). She got birthstone flowers as the starter set, but made it perfectly clear that she expects Tinkerbell earrings for Christmas to put in as soon as the starter ones come out. Anyone seen any good ones for preteens? The ones on Disney.com are all $500 and up. They need to be sterling silver or gold.
Not sure about where online, but we buy a new pair of Disney earrings for dds every trip. They are $10 to $15 for pair. And, my youngest has the sensitive ears as she can't wear the cheap crap, so it has to be the hypoallergenic ones. They have stones by birth month, tinker bell, and all sorts.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #1354
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,567

Happy birthday James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
If we managed everything properly, we would have to lay off all those employees that are cleaning up our messes.
So,you're the reason to explain all that productivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Haha, It's easy to find time to post when your in the trailer parts business, but I still wouldn't mind finding another job lol
Well, we may have a use for you. Paul and I were planning on putting a trailer in CJ's front yard and mooching off him. I'm sure there is room for another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Hi guys Checking back in after a long week of being away. Traveled to Ohio on Wed to visit my wife's sister and her husband. We found out that my BIL has some form of terminal cancer and figured we would go visit him before too long. We are waiting on tests that will be done between today and tomorrow to see where the cancer is in his body and whether or not it's treatable. Very somber Thanksgiving this year.
Prayers for BIL & family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Nice work. The 10K I submitted was somewhere around 56 minutes. But like I said, I ran 6.2 miles on Thursday as well. I was hoping to be under an hour, but would up at about 61.5 minutes. But then again, I stopped to pee in the woods. Did you?
The NASCAR drivers don't stop to pee. Maybe you need to consider that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Morning dads. Sitting outside DW's oncologist while she gets a checkup On the plus side there are no cancer issues, but we have to go get an ultra-sound on her leg. She's either got a muscle tear or a blood clot. Really hoping it's nothing too severe. I leave for London in 6 hrs and don't want to leave her alone with the kiddos if it's something major.
Prayers for DW. Have a safe trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
I think between 2 and 4 Million would be enough to comfortably retire. At 5% interest that'd allow you to draw between 100-200K a year and not touch the principle.
.
That was my thought. $2 million after taxes could still buy a nice home near the beach, invest in mutual funds or dividend stocks, and invest some in real estate and/or a business for additional cashflow. I would just have to be a little more careful.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #1355
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,332

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
The boss is back after being on vacation for almost 2 weeks and this is already shaping up to be a work day from hell. Not overly busy, but I feel like finding a doorway to stick my head in and open and close the door repeatedly. It is amazing how much smoother things can go around here when there's nobody around to "manage."
Yeah, but you get to leave him behind soon, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Hi guys Checking back in after a long week of being away. Traveled to Ohio on Wed to visit my wife's sister and her husband. We found out that my BIL has some form of terminal cancer and figured we would go visit him before too long. We are waiting on tests that will be done between today and tomorrow to see where the cancer is in his body and whether or not it's treatable. Very somber Thanksgiving this year. Spent Friday in Canton with my side of the family... they are doing well. My mom is still cancer free (8 months now). Drove back on Saturday. Spent yesterday putting in a new A/C register in the upstairs laundry room. Have no idea why the previous owner spent all this time and money to move the washer/drier from the first floor to the second floor and never put in a register for the room. Also spent a few hours getting the Christmas decorations out of the attic. Glad to back at my desk job today
Prayers for your BIL, Don.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Morning dads. Sitting outside DW's oncologist while she gets a checkup On the plus side there are no cancer issues, but we have to go get an ultra-sound on her leg. She's either got a muscle tear or a blood clot. Really hoping it's nothing too severe. I leave for London in 6 hrs and don't want to leave her alone with the kiddos if it's something major.
Hope it's nothing serious. Keep us posted.
Captain_Oblivious is online now  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #1356
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little
 
Goofy + 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,726

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

The NASCAR drivers don't stop to pee. Maybe you need to consider that.
Good point. But running 13.1 miles in a diaper or with a catheter would probably slow me down.
__________________
me Chris (40) DW (37) DD (9) DS(7) DD(4)
DIS Dad #400

Goofy + 3 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #1357
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Well, we may have a use for you. Paul and I were planning on putting a trailer in CJ's front yard and mooching off him. I'm sure there is room for another.

.
Well it's not trailer like a double wide trailer parts I deal with. Tractor trailer parts , I work as a vendor for the Nashville FedEx Ground hub, we do all the repairs, services and PMs on their trailers and dollys, but I could prob come up with other type trailer stuff if y'all need it haha
__________________
moose615 is online now  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #1358
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Good point. But running 13.1 miles in a diaper or with a catheter would probably slow me down.
Who said any think about a diaper or catheter? Maybe that's why those dry fit shorts were invented?
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #1359
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
How olds your DD? I expect mine to ask to get her done in the next few years
Turned 10 in October. She was always afraid it would hurt so wouldn't have it done. She just seemed to be ready yesterday. We had gotten her the clip on ones, but she wouldn't wear them because they hurt her ears.

If it helps you can tell DD that it doesn't hurt (according to my DD) and that once it is done you feel much better.

Now on the hunt for Think. At least she did it right before cyber Monday so I can get a good deal somewhere.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #1360
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,567

I would really prefer to send all of you a card, but I don't have your address and can't afford the cards or postage for everyone. So, hear is a Christmas Card for everyone.

__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #1361
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Not sure about where online, but we buy a new pair of Disney earrings for dds every trip. They are $10 to $15 for pair. And, my youngest has the sensitive ears as she can't wear the cheap crap, so it has to be the hypoallergenic ones. They have stones by birth month, tinker bell, and all sorts.
Hmmm. Couldn't find those on the Disney site. Would love to find something under $20. Checking Amazon now. Will let everyone know if I find something interesting.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #1362
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Turned 10 in October. She was always afraid it would hurt so wouldn't have it done. She just seemed to be ready yesterday. We had gotten her the clip on ones, but she wouldn't wear them because they hurt her ears.

If it helps you can tell DD that it doesn't hurt (according to my DD) and that once it is done you feel much better.

Now on the hunt for Think. At least she did it right before cyber Monday so I can get a good deal somewhere.
Mine turns 5 in January ( the day I'm suppose to close on my DVC) so it'll be a great day to celebrate but I think it'll still be a few more years before she wants her ears pierced, her sister got hers done at 6 if I remember right.
__________________
moose615 is online now  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #1363
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I would really prefer to send all of you a card, but I don't have your address and can't afford the cards or postage for everyone. So, hear is a Christmas Card for everyone.

Great card pic. I'll post ours if the wife ever gets around to ordering them. Still can't decide what picture to use. Usually it is just the kids as no one has really wanted to see my picture once we had kids.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #1364
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy
I would really prefer to send all of you a card, but I don't have your address and can't afford the cards or postage for everyone. So, hear is a Christmas Card for everyone.
Alittle disappointed y'all didn't use our DisDad meetup pic, but I'll get over that , great Christmas card, I think my mom is using one of DD bibbity boutique pics for ours
__________________
moose615 is online now  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #1365
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Yeah, but you get to leave him behind soon, right?


It can't get here soon enough.
afwdwfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.