Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #1336
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
The boss is back after being on vacation for almost 2 weeks and this is already shaping up to be a work day from hell. Not overly busy, but I feel like finding a doorway to stick my head in and open and close the door repeatedly. It is amazing how much smoother things can go around here when there's nobody around to "manage."

Ah, mis-Management. Talk about ways to save money.
If we managed everything properly, we would have to lay off all those employees that are cleaning up our messes.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #1337
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Hahhaa, sent that one at the breakfast table at home...

But yes, I did find a minute to post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I saw the time on the post and figured that. Still, I see the time now and know you aree already slacking off on the first day. Certainly, an employee ready for promotion.
Sounds like you should switch from accounting to sales. They are always finding free time to do things other than work.....conferences, trade shows, customer visits, golf....Oh, wait! I do those too. Never Mind.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #1338
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Sounds like you should switch from accounting to sales. They are always finding free time to do things other than work.....conferences, trade shows, customer visits, golf....Oh, wait! I do those too. Never Mind.
Haha, It's easy to find time to post when your in the trailer parts business, but I still wouldn't mind finding another job lol
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #1339
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:

We knew that we could count on you to find a way.

Hope all is going well in the “new world”.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #1340
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Hi guys Checking back in after a long week of being away. Traveled to Ohio on Wed to visit my wife's sister and her husband. We found out that my BIL has some form of terminal cancer and figured we would go visit him before too long. We are waiting on tests that will be done between today and tomorrow to see where the cancer is in his body and whether or not it's treatable. Very somber Thanksgiving this year. Spent Friday in Canton with my side of the family... they are doing well. My mom is still cancer free (8 months now). Drove back on Saturday. Spent yesterday putting in a new A/C register in the upstairs laundry room. Have no idea why the previous owner spent all this time and money to move the washer/drier from the first floor to the second floor and never put in a register for the room. Also spent a few hours getting the Christmas decorations out of the attic. Glad to back at my desk job today

I did not read through the previous pages... so... welcome to any new members, happy birthday to those that had a birthday and hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving holiday!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #1341
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Haha, It's easy to find time to post when your in the trailer parts business, but I still wouldn't mind finding another job lol
I get to keep the laptop next to the desktop so can check in between tasks throughout the day. I use the laptop for research and email/internet since my macBook is about 100X faster than my desktop.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #1342
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Hi guys Checking back in after a long week of being away. Traveled to Ohio on Wed to visit my wife's sister and her husband. We found out that my BIL has some form of terminal cancer and figured we would go visit him before too long. We are waiting on tests that will be done between today and tomorrow to see where the cancer is in his body and whether or not it's treatable. Very somber Thanksgiving this year. Spent Friday in Canton with my side of the family... they are doing well. My mom is still cancer free (8 months now). Drove back on Saturday. Spent yesterday putting in a new A/C register in the upstairs laundry room. Have no idea why the previous owner spent all this time and money to move the washer/drier from the first floor to the second floor and never put in a register for the room. Also spent a few hours getting the Christmas decorations out of the attic. Glad to back at my desk job today

I did not read through the previous pages... so... welcome to any new members, happy birthday to those that had a birthday and hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving holiday!
Prayers

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 11-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #1343
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Good morning fellow dads, just read on the Facebook page thatScott aka Singledad DisDad #594 passed away Oct 7th, I didn't have any interactions with him but as a single dad and Disney fan, I send my sympathys and thoughts out to his daughter
Really? Didn't even know he was sick. I didn't interact with him much. That's terrible news.

Quote:

More than once, I guess!

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, Don. Thanks for checking in.
Chris Dis Dad #403 DW DS(14) DS(13) DD(11)

As Kid: 1978 Polynesian - 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel - Dec 2008 GF/Poly -
Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF - June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT -
Feb 2012 AKL - Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Jan 2014 TBD
Old 11-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #1344
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Good morning fellow dads, just read on the Facebook page thatScott aka Singledad DisDad #594 passed away Oct 7th, I didn't have any interactions with him but as a single dad and Disney fan, I send my sympathys and thoughts out to his daughter
That is terrible to hear. Prayer going out to Scott and his family.

Quote:

Hey Don. Sorry to hear about your BIL. Hopefully they get some good news from the tests. Great news about your mom!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #1345
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
More than once, I guess!
We went to my sisters for dessert on Thanksgiving.... I thought about stopping by your house for leftovers.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #1346
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Prayers for your BIL. Congrats on Mom being cancer free and continued prayers as well. Sounds like a busy weekend.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #1347
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We went to my sisters for dessert on Thanksgiving.... I thought about stopping by your house for leftovers.
You totally should have!!!
Chris Dis Dad #403 DW DS(14) DS(13) DD(11)

As Kid: 1978 Polynesian - 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel - Dec 2008 GF/Poly -
Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF - June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT -
Feb 2012 AKL - Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Jan 2014 TBD
Old 11-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #1348
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
Mary Poppins then Nanny McFee on the Family Channel!
Watched Mary Poppins with the kids (again). Definitely my daughter's favorite. It even inspired her and DW to come up with a Mary Poppins themed birthday party. Guess who gets to dress up like Bert..
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Official time was 58.13. I came in 64th place out of 92. There were some serious runners here. I am really happy with the time.. A lot faster than I thought I would have ran. 9:39 mile My legs are sore today.
Nice work. The 10K I submitted was somewhere around 56 minutes. But like I said, I ran 6.2 miles on Thursday as well. I was hoping to be under an hour, but would up at about 61.5 minutes. But then again, I stopped to pee in the woods. Did you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I thought that was there so Jerry had room for his ego
DIS Dad #400

Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #1349
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Morning dads. Sitting outside DW's oncologist while she gets a checkup On the plus side there are no cancer issues, but we have to go get an ultra-sound on her leg. She's either got a muscle tear or a blood clot. Really hoping it's nothing too severe. I leave for London in 6 hrs and don't want to leave her alone with the kiddos if it's something major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
At this point, I'm thinking I could retire on $2 million. I may not get my home in Golden Oak, but it will get me retired to FL.

Hadn't been on to check yet. That's really sad news. Prayers go out to his family.
I think between 2 and 4 Million would be enough to comfortably retire. At 5% interest that'd allow you to draw between 100-200K a year and not touch the principle.

Quote:
Wow. That's really sad. Prayers for his daughter. I've been looking through old posts to help with gift exchange ideas and came across a bunch of his posts this weekend.

Quote:

So was that sent from a phone or have you already tested the new jobs firewall to see what's blocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
I get to keep the laptop next to the desktop so can check in between tasks throughout the day. I use the laptop for research and email/internet since my macBook is about 100X faster than my desktop.
Same here. I keep this forum, disdads, digg, techcruch etc up on my macbook and work on my pc.

Quote:

Prayers for your BIL. Sounds like you had a productive weekend. I hope you can take some time to relax now that you are back at work.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 11-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #1350
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Hey James! (arthuruscg)

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: