Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #796
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

OMG people shopping for Thanksgiving are crazy, been home since 7:45 almost killed a 12pack already, people really wait till the last minute to prepare

I think we pulled the ultimate this year, told my parents we were going over to DW parents, we told DW parents we were going to my parents, guess what we are staying home, this year is going to be good, too bad I didn't get Fri off we wouyld have went to Va tonight
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #797
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

All this alcohol talk is killing me. I've been downing water all day.

ALL I WANT IS A STINKING BEER!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #798
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

Tim you have to stop drinking that Bud light
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #799
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Not yet but UPS just dropped off a crate that says FRA-GIL-E on it. Have to find the crow bar.
Must be Italian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
If I can ever get up to bourbon country, I'll make sure I have some extra norm tattoo money so he can get another tattoo to go with his hello kitty one

Thanks, about the riding, when your sitting in a hospital and you over hear the paramedics say that guy should be getting scrapped up off the road right now, it changes your outlook a bit lol
I don't really know any good tattoo places. I got mine in Louisville before I got married. I've rode a few dirt bikes, but never a motorcycle. The closest life altering experience I had was having my arm snapped in half at UPS. I still have the plates, screws, and scars to remind me.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #800
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
They try to push PBR here as a "high-end" discount beer
I barely even see it in stores here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
OMG people shopping for Thanksgiving are crazy, been home since 7:45 almost killed a 12pack already, people really wait till the last minute to prepare

I think we pulled the ultimate this year, told my parents we were going over to DW parents, we told DW parents we were going to my parents, guess what we are staying home, this year is going to be good, too bad I didn't get Fri off we wouyld have went to Va tonight
Wow Ron, you pulled a fast one. WTG!

Quote:
Tim you have to stop drinking that Bud light
Bug Light? Not so much. I do drink it on occasion but my favorite all around beer is Long Trail. I've been drinking a lot of Dogfish Head 60 & 90 minute lately.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #801
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Now that's a traditionn we can all get behind!!
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(43), DW(43), DD(10), DS(8)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan.

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #802
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Wait, we're having Turkey and Chinese food tomorrow?!?!?!

Score!!!
The duck is smiling at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Mmmmm Chinese!!! I could eat that EVERY day!!!!
Really? What is your favorite?

Quote:
Honestly, I haven't seen them. I'm glad the gubment has transitioned us to coin dollars.
I think I spent a roll of them a few years back. People were confused.

Quote:
Really? I just had P.F. Changs tonight. God help the people who will be running behind me in the morning!
Turbo boost?

Quote:
They try to push PBR here as a "high-end" discount beer
It's better than natty light or the beast.

Quote:
We are having a beverly of a time getting good Belgium beers in, no idea the issue is. On;y Stella makes it through. No Duvel, no Leffe, and others are creepng in so slowly. Finally got some Chimay red after a month or so...
Stella is a decent beer. It has been getting a lot of ads here and displays at our local liquor store.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #803
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

This is how I want my day to go tomorrow, around 8 roll out of bed, go outside crack one open cook bacon on the grill, watch parade have a few (Hey, I'm not going anywhere), around 11 put turkey on nurse it so I get some nice crispy skin, 4pm feast and maybe hit the sack around 6 hammered, to me that would be a perfect holiday,no worries, unless I could spend it at WDW then there's no topping it

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #804
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461

Quote:

Who's stopping you???

By the way, what was up with that crazy thread about the woman and giving her boyfriend a WDW trip.

It is amazing how something as inherently fun and entertaining as Disney can engender such negative emotions that people feel compeled to express on these boards. In real life, if someone made some of those comments to me, they would be pulling my genuine Mickey Mouse back scratcher out of their back side.

I am all in favor of having a nemesis, but even Aaron and I don't talk to each other that way. Neither do Tim and Barry (most of the time).

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #805
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461

Quote:
This is how I want my day to go tomorrow, around 8 roll out of bed, go outside crack one open cook bacon on the grill, watch parade have a few (Hey, I'm not going anywhere), around 11 put turkey on nurse it so I get some nice crispy skin, 4pm feast and maybe hit the sack around 6 hammered, to me that would be a perfect holiday,no worries, unless I could spend it at WDW then there's no topping it
Have room for a guest??

Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #806
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:

d3
I thought you didn't drink beer and were a mixed drink guy. . Anyway, I did the bacon-wrapped green beans again for tomorrow. They are marinating in the fridge now and I'll out them in the oven tomorrow. Unbeknown to DW, I have the flask of bourbon to bring with me. I wonder what time she'll figure out I am tanked? First up, MIL and Fox News at noon.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #807
colinsdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bug Light? Not so much. I do drink it on occasion but my favorite all around beer is Long Trail. I've been drinking a lot of Dogfish Head 60 & 90 minute lately.
Dogfish is excellent and I actually have a few Long Trail Ales in my Coke (Beer) Machine.

If you're into the IPA's some excellent ones I've had lately are Stone IPA (my new favorite), Bear Republic's "Racer 5 IPA" or Boulavard Brewing's "Double Wide".

Another one I just found is called Shed Brewery IPA (out of Stowe VT), you may be able to find that in CT. Cheers.
My Disney Life Timeline - '73 CR 1st trip 3y/o, '74 Poly, '75 CR, '76 Disneyland, '77-80 (Offsite), '83 DWV, '85 '89 '91 (offsite), May '92 FWR, Mar '97 (BlueTree), Nov '97 (Westgate Lakes), Dec '98 Xmas @ OKW, Jan '00 Disneyland Paris, Sept '01 Trip Cancelled due to 9/11 God Bless America!, Oct '01 Disneyland, Oct '02 (Marriott Grande Vista), Nov '03 (Mystic Dunes), Sept '04 (Sheraton Vistana), May '05 All Star Sports, Nov '05 Disney's HHI, Jan '06 OKW, Oct '06 (Marriott Cypress Harbor), Oct '07 POP, Sept '08 BWV, May '09 VWL, Aug '09 BCV, Aug '10 (Marriott Sabal Palms), Mar '12 (Swan), Oct '13 (Marriott Grande Vista)
Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #808
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I thought you didn't drink beer and were a mixed drink guy. . Anyway, I did the bacon-wrapped green beans again for tomorrow. They are marinating in the fridge now and I'll out them in the oven tomorrow. Unbeknown to DW, I have the flask of bourbon to bring with me. I wonder what time she'll figure out I am tanked? First up, MIL and Fox News at noon.
I don't drink beer, but I do drink Smirnooff XXX Black they go down like water, they are only 4.5% but I have to pace myself sometimes

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #809
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Turbo boost?
Hopefully. I hope I don't crap my pants.

Quote:
Sounds like a good day to me!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #810
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461

Quote:
I had Dogfish Head in Rehoboth Delaware a few years back. It might have been their IPA, but I found it very bitter.

If you are in Westchester County, try Captain Lawrence. It started out as a local guy making beers, then all the top restaurants started featuring it. He just built a new brewery and always has great seasonals. I could grab me a growler right now.

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: