Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #2971
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I wear that in the window.
Are you modeling them?

Quote:
Is there something you are trying to tell us? Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Nah I was just trying to say men aren't that complicated. There are not usually layers of subtext to anything I am doing.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 12-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #2972
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
My favorite is Christmas Vacation.
At Dollywood this year they have an Ice Show... and they do a number to the Theme Song... I told the guy next to me they needed Cousin Ed emptying his RV into the Sewer in the scene somewhere.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #2973
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Hey Dads,

Have a good afternoon. Heading out to teachers conferences. We don't get grades anymore, only a 1-4 score on everything. No 4's because they "are only given out at the end of the year". Really? A kid can't get a 4 for effort? Emailed to ask about the grading and was told DD did the best she could and tried really hard. So what do we get ... a 3 for effort.
More educational stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
I just saw that politics and religious posts are now illegal on the DIS. How do we talk about Christmas and Chanukah and Quanza?
We probably do it more here than other places. That is because the other boards have idiots who just want to fight about everything.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 12-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #2974
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Are you modeling them?

Nah I was just trying to say men aren't that complicated. There are not usually layers of subtext to anything I am doing.
We are Like Onions... see Shrek for explaination.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #2975
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Dads,

Have a good afternoon. Heading out to teachers conferences. We don't get grades anymore, only a 1-4 score on everything. No 4's because they "are only given out at the end of the year". Really? A kid can't get a 4 for effort? Emailed to ask about the grading and was told DD did the best she could and tried really hard. So what do we get ... a 3 for effort.

I have already been instructed by my spouse that I can say hello, good bye and thank you only at the meetings. I guess I am usually not very pleasant when things don't make sense. Go figure.
We have the 1-4 system too. The most frustrating part of it is that it's very arbitrary. You used to be able to take a test and you could tell by how many you got right whether it was an a b or c. WIth the 1-4 system you can do everything perfectly and still come out with a 3. I don't like any measurement system that is based on opinion rather than fact.

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #2976
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Not a parfait? everybody likes parfaits. Men are like bacon parfaits.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #2977
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Are you modeling them?

I meant during winter. Stupid zerfonics. I knew where you were going with the other.

Quote:
At Dollywood this year they have an Ice Show... and they do a number to the Theme Song... I told the guy next to me they needed Cousin Ed emptying his RV into the Sewer in the scene somewhere.
I'm planning on doing that at CJ's.

Quote:
They should make those camera's out of something that smells like a clown. That way everyone's reaction would immediately be "this camera smells funny". It'd be a great way to troll those people in the lobby/waiting room etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
It coming along nicely... so nice that I'm setting up an appointment with my orthopedic doctor to see if my leg is fractured. But I did run 7 miles on it on Wednesday. I told Barry I'm running no matter what. Even if I have to run looking like this ~~>
Bummer. Hope it ain't so.

Quote:
Is this Barry's minivan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Waiting for DW to get home so I can go to work, I had to retrieve youngest from Kindergarten, she fell ill, but seems remarkably better now

After tonight though, 3 day weekend, followed by a 1/2 day (the other half ull of doctors appointments)
Hope you both are better.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 12-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #2978
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Stinky?

Quote:
Not a parfait? everybody likes parfaits. Men are like bacon parfaits.
I did not like the bacon Sundae at bk.

Quote:
WWND? He would continue on with the quest and continue to post at a feverish pitch. You are aware that most of us are well beyond any courtship period and onto the "yes dear" stage. That is why we kid with you and live through your adventures.
Excellent wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Lol no, nothing yet, DD has been sick so I haven't seen her since Sunday , just threw that out there because I was accused of starting "drama", I would never

Well in this company, the supervisor is the highest position outside of being the owner, so after this no advancement but could lead to another position at a different company in the future
Don't get your underoos too tight over the drama comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I can bank the 150 2012 pts if I choose to, but by renting I paid 1k out of my own pocket so if I rent the 2012 pts then it'll even out and pretty much pay for our park tickets
Or, transfer them to me.

Quote:
Don't do it! There's still time.

What type of phone is she getting (or can we ask with your better half monitoring your posts?). Make sure it has unlimited texting, that's what they spend most of the day doing.

Both of the children have asked for iphones, but we have held strong so far.
No smartphone. I added the unlimited text plan when i had to post all Ron's pictures.

Quote:
It's OK. My man card got revoked a long time ago. I cry when I watch Wishes.
:
I don't cry at Wishes, but it does make me very happy.

Quote:
In the US, they sterilize the camera's before using on a new patient. I'm glad I don't use the Canadian health system. At least put some of Norm's Monkey Butt Powder on first.
I've found some good buyers already for it.

Quote:
Keep an eye out for sharks!

Hope the weekend of diving goes well!
And Canadian penguins.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 12-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #2979
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
I bet you didn't know I was bilingual....
bi-what?

Quote:
Isn't Norm a Who not a what?
?
Still not sure about that.

Quote:
No education please. I come here to waste time, not actually lear anything. That's what books are for.
Books? That's what ipads are for.

Quote:
My parents gave the kids some savings bonds when they were born and give them money toward school for birthdays and Christmas so they are well on their way to having something. I went mostly on scholarship, college was $5K for the year locally for my undergrad. My masters was $65K, but paid mostly by my employer so no school loans for me. I am hoping we can keep any loans for them as low as possible, but DS is talking Harvard or MIT so we'll see.
Paid my way thru school, which was under $1000 under a semester. I told my dds they can go anywhere, but if they want me to pay for it, have to go to my university for free tuition. I could save a lot of money by not going to WDW.

Quote:

$ > then
$ </= then

:
Great math lesson.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #2980
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Y'all have a great Weekend...
Good luck to our Football Guys...
And enjoy trying to read my Trip Report.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #2981
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
It coming along nicely... so nice that I'm setting up an appointment with my orthopedic doctor to see if my leg is fractured. But I did run 7 miles on it on Wednesday. I told Barry I'm running no matter what. Even if I have to run looking like this ~~>
When I told you to break a leg running the 5K, I was kidding.

Seriously hope it isn't a fracture.

No fish pictures to post today. The seas were rocking and we decided to not go out. Going tomorrow though. Did decide to go out and have a nice lunch. Spent the afternoon at a bar overlooking the ocean. Yea I know, my life sucks.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #2982
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
I just saw that politics and religious posts are now illegal on the DIS. How do we talk about Christmas and Chanukah and Quanza?
Happy Holidays....

Kinda sums it up!

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD11 DS9
Member #561
Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #2983
toughmudder
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We checked it out at 1030 and it was lined up already. Decided to check again at 11 and brave it if it want much longer. Got there at 11 and waited about 50 min.
Holy schneike's ... I bet it was worth it, though? How was the food? (you've probably described further down the thread... I'm a bit behind)
Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #2984
toughmudder
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My favorite is Christmas Vacation.
I like both White Christmas and Christmas Vacation... both classics in their own way. I love pretty much everything about Christmas Vacation, esp. Cousin Eddie... and Clark in that scene in the lingerie section of the department store...
Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #2985
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
No fish pictures to post today. The seas were rocking and we decided to not go out. Going tomorrow though. Did decide to go out and have a nice lunch. Spent the afternoon at a bar overlooking the ocean. Yea I know, my life sucks.
Poor life of CJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughmudder View Post
I like both White Christmas and Christmas Vacation... both classics in their own way. I love pretty much everything about Christmas Vacation, esp. Cousin Eddie... and Clark in that scene in the lingerie section of the department store...
That lingerie shop scene is one of many good ones. I haven't had any clerks like that show me their pantyline. I liked seeing her on the diving board at the pool as well.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: