Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #2911
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Ok, I take back any post about the daycare lady and any questions about how I should proceed, didn't mean to cause "drama" since I haven't seen her since Sunday, I will leave my dating life and lack thereof out of the DisDads thread that will be all
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
It was the most excitement half of these guys have had on these boards in over a year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
It was for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Officially, if Norm agrees, you're good to continue on.
Quote:
I didn't know I arrived at such a lofty status.
WWND? He would continue on with the quest and continue to post at a feverish pitch. You are aware that most of us are well beyond any courtship period and onto the "yes dear" stage. That is why we kid with you and live through your adventures.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #2912
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike
Happy Friday dads.

Did it not go well with her?

Only other thing to consider is if there is a career path. Is the supervisor role something you have to have in order to advance to other jobs in your company?
Lol no, nothing yet, DD has been sick so I haven't seen her since Sunday , just threw that out there because I was accused of starting "drama", I would never

Well in this company, the supervisor is the highest position outside of being the owner, so after this no advancement but could lead to another position at a different company in the future
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #2913
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Congratulations on the closing and getting the DL trip set! Can't you just carry the points forward and use them in the future?
I can bank the 150 2012 pts if I choose to, but by renting I paid 1k out of my own pocket so if I rent the 2012 pts then it'll even out and pretty much pay for our park tickets
Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #2914
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Man Law submission... anyone posting in French should have their Man Card revoked.

I had to, he doesn't understand English.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #2915
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, we all knew it was going to happen, but today, it is official. I lost the phone battle. Oldest dd now has her own cell phone, which she gets to open on Christmas morning.
Don't do it! There's still time.

What type of phone is she getting (or can we ask with your better half monitoring your posts?). Make sure it has unlimited texting, that's what they spend most of the day doing.

Both of the children have asked for iphones, but we have held strong so far.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #2916
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Man Law submission... anyone posting in French should have their Man Card revoked.
It's OK. My man card got revoked a long time ago. I cry when I watch Wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I had to, he doesn't understand English.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #2917
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
dénié

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD11 DS9
Member #561
Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #2918
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
dénié
détaché
Old 12-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #2919
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
No no..it's a good thing. Nobody knows where to put new beers, I prefer to do that myself. When they mess it up, it stresses me.

Yikes, that is no fun. 80% of those in the Day Surgury yesterday had that done. I can only hope and pray the doctors didn't mix the cameras up, since mine went down the throat. Prayers it turns out all okay.
OK, well then congratulations! I hope you got all the beer put away and you are feeling better.

In the US, they sterilize the camera's before using on a new patient. I'm glad I don't use the Canadian health system. At least put some of Norm's Monkey Butt Powder on first.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #2920
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
You guys were busy last night.

Heading to breakfast, then drop off the dogs and head to the Keys. Have a great Friday everyone.
Keep an eye out for sharks!

Hope the weekend of diving goes well!

Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #2921
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
OK, well then congratulations! I hope you got all the beer put away and you are feeling better.

In the US, they sterilize the camera's before using on a new patient. I'm glad I don't use the Canadian health system. At least put some of Norm's Monkey Butt Powder on first.

I heard that depended on your health plan.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #2922
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Good morning fellow dads, my supervisor has been having health problems again so I'm supervisor today , sadly means won't be on the boards much today. But I hope he feels better soon.

Maybe y'all could help me with something, he said he was looking into disability retirement, if he does then I'm next in line for the job, of course it's higher pay but also more stress and such, still get the same amount of time off but its harder to take off long periods of time due to the amount of makeup work when i come back ,with his past health problems I have had sometime to think about it but still am undecided on if I want more stress , but the money of course would help DD and I , thanks for letting me ramble
Hi Philip Looks like a good opportunity if it comes up. I would say go for it. Especially with the way jobs are today. Would you be able to negotiate the new position. Things like a few more days off, sick time, insurance benefits....Those are all things you may be able to negotiate. I am on both sides of these issues as I determine compensation for our employees and giving a few extra vacation days to a good employee is always a good place to start. Helps both the employee and company in my opinion.

Stress is an internal driver. If you go to work with the right attitude it is usually easily managed. Plus, do you get to hire someone to replace you? If so, make sure it a good employee that know what he/she is doing and you can put some of the stress on them to help out where needed.

If you want to PM me any questions, feel free. I would think any opportunity to make a better life for you and DD should be accepted. Family is always the first factor when making these types of decisions for us.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #2923
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

As a proud ENGLISH speaking Canadian, I ask, is the french over yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post

Beer put away, spots made for some more that arrived last night...all caught up.

And I realize they are cleaned and sterilzed before/after use, but I'd still rather not thinking that the camera was somewhere where "no one has gone before"
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #2924
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Hi Philip Looks like a good opportunity if it comes up. I would say go for it. Especially with the way jobs are today. Would you be able to negotiate the new position. Things like a few more days off, sick time, insurance benefits....Those are all things you may be able to negotiate. I am on both sides of these issues as I determine compensation for our employees and giving a few extra vacation days to a good employee is always a good place to start. Helps both the employee and company in my opinion.

Stress is an internal driver. If you go to work with the right attitude it is usually easily managed. Plus, do you get to hire someone to replace you? If so, make sure it a good employee that know what he/she is doing and you can put some of the stress on them to help out where needed.

If you want to PM me any questions, feel free. I would think any opportunity to make a better life for you and DD should be accepted. Family is always the first factor when making these types of decisions for us.
Thank you, the pay is negotiable, in my eyes atleast maybe not my bosses, the stress doesn't get to me as bad as it does my dad and supervisor, I've already worked the position whenever my supervisors been out, roughly 6 months total out of the time I've worked here. So I def can do it, I guess it comes down to how much my boss is willing to pay me, what I make right now won't cut it, and I'm pretty sure I can hire someone to take my place
Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #2925
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
As a proud ENGLISH speaking Canadian, I ask, is the french over yet?
I guess you aren't a real Canadian.

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: