Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Finally got my own way - TR - 12.10.12

Friday 12th October

It wasn’t as early a start as we’d hoped for, but eventually we were at Animal Kingdom!

First thing was to follow everyone else and grab a Fastpass for Expedition Everest. I love this sight (not as much as Cindy’s castle… but I still love it!)

Tom is that annoying person that starts ringing ALL THE BELLS in the queue for Everest… because then all the children start copying him!! Anyway, we rode this ride twice without a Fastpass, and then a third time with the FP. I love this ride so much! I would have ridden it all day!

Next we took a stroll around the Maharajah Jungle Trek. The tigers weren’t out to play today; they were chilling out in the shade!

Found these two animals roaming around…

We head over to Primeval Whirl for a quick spin before our next ride; Kali River Rapids. As a couple, we were placed in a raft with a family of 10! They were amazing, and loved the fact we were filming the ride. The adults cheered when we missed water, the kids cheered when we hit water… and Tom and I got SOAKED!! We might as well have swum around the river and we still would have been drier!

We tried to dry out a bit before lunch, when we decided to go to Yak and Yeti. Tom had sweet and sour chicken, which was really yummy. I decided to have the Asian chicken sandwich, which was… well a chicken roll. It was nothing special and I was a little disappointed, but it filled a hole!

As we were leaving, we noticed Flights of Wonder was about to start, so Tom dragged me in. Now, I wasn’t sure I would enjoy it, as I have a little phobia of birds. I just don’t like them flying over my head or getting too close! However, some of it was very cheesy and funny, and it was pretty good! I’m not sure I’ll go back though, I’ve ticked that box!

We went back to Dinoland to go back in time on DINOSAUR, which was still terrifying (and I’m sure they’ve made it longer!) but still brilliant!

We grabbed a pretzel before going to Finding Nemo: The Musical.

It certainly doesn’t feel like a 40 minute show! I think it’s so beautiful and the singers are amazing! Not quite Lion King, but it’s just as good for different reasons!

I just liked the tshirt!

We decided to make a move back to the hotel before noticing It’s Tough to be a Bug had only a 5 minute wait, so we put on our Bug-Eyes for a quick show!

I was a little disappointed that Hopper wasn't working, but I love how the screams travel around the room in waves when the hornets poke you in the back!

Continued…

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

A quick change at Coronado Springs, and it was time for dinner! We caught the bus to Downtown Disney and went straight to T-REX. What a place! It’s definitely not a romantic place, it’s so noisy, but I think we already expected that, so we were not surprised!

I had the famous candy apple cotton-tini and Tom had the biggest wine glass of beer he’d ever seen!

I had ribs with garlic mash, and Tom had chicken and ribs with waffle fries and coleslaw. Well, we were stuffed! I could barely eat dessert (I gave it a good go though!), which we shared doughnut balls dipped in caramel and chocolate sauces!

I had read mixed reviews of this place, but I am so glad we went. Very atmospheric, great food and amazing drinks. We would definitely return here; my brother (20) and my cousin (3) are majorly into dinosaurs, and my grandparents always love taking us to Rainforest Café in Animal Kingdom, so I think they’d like something different, but similar!
A great day, and so much to look forward to!

Next day – My other birthday present! (Not an engagement ring, don’t get too excited!!)

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your trip report! It's giving me a good idea of what looks good for mine and Richards trip haha

I have to say I HATED tough to be a bug, I'm terrified of insects and I almost died when I got poked! Haha I was clinging to Richard the whole time.....don't think ill be doing it again lol

August 2012: Highlands Reserve ~ August 2013: High Grove ~
October 2013: DLRP Hotel Cheyenne
~ October 2014: WDW Art of Animation?

newlittleminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
tinks_1989
need a like button

Another great day love all the photos

I'm the same with birds! Yuck hate having them fly near me lol.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #5
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Cotton-tini - yummy!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
Nubbedy
I was born without a 'Hidden-Mickey-spotting' gene
ºoº

T-Rex is a fab experience isn't it? My boys love it. 3 times on Everest? I suffer from 'brain rattle' after one ride on Everest!

Sara My Disbuddy is kristieuk
Disney World - July 2006 (ASMo), Aug 2007 (ASMo), Apr 2008 (Pop), Aug 2009 (POFQ), Aug 2010 (POFQ), Oct 2011 (POFQ) Aug 2012 (POFQ) Aug 2013 (POFQ)
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2007 (NY), Oct 2008 (Ch), Feb 2010 (Ch), Feb 2011 (Ch), Aug 2011 (SL)
Feb 2012 (Ch) Dec 2012 (Ch) Feb 2013 (Ch) Feb 2014 (Ch)
Nubbedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlittleminnie
I'm loving your trip report! It's giving me a good idea of what looks good for mine and Richards trip haha

I have to say I HATED tough to be a bug, I'm terrified of insects and I almost died when I got poked! Haha I was clinging to Richard the whole time.....don't think ill be doing it again lol
Hi! I hope we can give you some tips and tricks :-)
Ah yes, being scared of insects probably wouldnt help the Tough to be a Bug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989
Another great day love all the photos

I'm the same with birds! Yuck hate having them fly near me lol.
Thankyou hun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly
Cotton-tini - yummy!
Ir was so yummy! I cant wait to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbedy
T-Rex is a fab experience isn't it? My boys love it. 3 times on Everest? I suffer from 'brain rattle' after one ride on Everest!
I cant wait to go back to T-Rex! I do love Everest, but I did have a tiny headache after. But I love me some Disney so i powered on! X

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: