Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #106
tiffrobyn
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming swimming swimming swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph0808 View Post
Since it is a while until the W&D, you could probably do a few of his training programs. Do the 10k training, then the 10-miler training to build up to the half training plan. The plans are usually 12 weeks, so that could work out well in time for November!
This is exactly what I'm doing! I'm into the 5K to 10K program now then I'll move on to the next program when this one is done.
tiffrobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #107
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

I have a really stupid question. I was looking through pictures of the race on disneys website and everyone is dressed in food related costumes. Would it be stupid to dress as the Cheshire Cat?
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #108
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
I have a really stupid question. I was looking through pictures of the race on disneys website and everyone is dressed in food related costumes. Would it be stupid to dress as the Cheshire Cat?
I say go with it, that would be really cute!! I think they just highlight the food themed ones as they go with the race.

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014 ASMo - Oct 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #109
bungchiwow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Go for it! I'm sure people will be dressed as everything under the sun! (or nothing at all) You may even see a few other chesire cats...
bungchiwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #110
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
DO IT!!!! As the previous poster said, they were probably just highlighting the food costumes. Just be comfortable and do a trial or two in your costume prior to race night.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #111
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

OMG we're back!!! Hey everybody!

Seems like the 2012 W&D just finished and I'm so glad to see some familiar names again so soon! I know I said right after last year's race that I wouldn't do it again but...okay, let's just say the took over and I'm in! Also looking to getting some C2C bling in 2014 as well. Judging by the Festival dates, my guess would be race night would be Nov 9th. Thoughts?

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #112
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Awesome!! Thanks guys! So if you see a redheaded Cheshire Cat running around its me!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #113
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

I am in again. This will be my 4th W&D. Mike is running too.

There were all kinds of costumes at last year's race. We pretty consistently ran with Snow White for most of the race. I was a 'pirate princess fairy.' It was pretty cute. Sparkle skirts pirate skirt, mickey pirate princess ears and pirate princess fairy wings that I found clearanced at Target. Ditched the wings about mile 5 or 6, but wore the ears for the whole race. Mike wore a pirate hat, had an eye patch and a sword.

Not sure what we will do this year, but I would really like to go in costume.

The 2012 race was the first race where I was healthy enough and had my fueling/salt intake under control enough that I was able to enjoy the after party. Looking forward to even more fun this year!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #114
the antifanatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
Last year opened in the middle of March. You can sign up to have Disney email when registration opens.

You will have plenty of time to register, it does not sell out for a few months.
thanx lerxst-see you there!
the antifanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #115
the antifanatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post

Seems like the 2012 W&D just finished and I'm so glad to see some familiar names again so soon! I know I said right after last year's race that I wouldn't do it again but...okay, let's just say the took over and I'm in! Also looking to getting some C2C bling in 2014 as well. Judging by the Festival dates, my guess would be race night would be Nov 9th. Thoughts?
my 1st Disney race-wish me luck!
the antifanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #116
PlutoBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by the antifanatic View Post
my 1st Disney race-wish me luck!
LUCK!

Just expect the unexpected and I guarantee, you will have SO much fun!!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #117
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Wait, dressing up is involved? Why didn't I know that?

Ok, that's just all out FUN!

Wait till I tell my cousin we are going as Bacon and Eggs. Or something similar. Maybe not, she might drop out! Hahahaha!!!

Thanks for all the recs on training- I will be looking into them!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #118
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post

I was just telling DH last night that the race was sorta like giving birth (minus the entire raising children for decades after part). Training is months of discipline, aches and pains, watching your diet, and the race can be unpleasant at times but it's an AMAZING feeling and after your sort of forget about all the bad stuff!

I'm looking at C2C in 2014 too. I'm thinking Tink in January and W&D in Nov. I really want to do Princess but I just am not a 3 AM person... castle or no.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #119
capeseal
DIS Veteran

I would love to do a C2C but it isn't happening until the kids are older. Too tough to coordinate childcare while we run and DH has become too much of a enthusiast to let me go it alone on these fun races . I can't believe I wished for him to like running for the last 10 years and now it's getting in the way of my doing awesome races :P
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #120
PlutoBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
I was just telling DH last night that the race was sorta like giving birth (minus the entire raising children for decades after part). Training is months of discipline, aches and pains, watching your diet, and the race can be unpleasant at times but it's an AMAZING feeling and after your sort of forget about all the bad stuff!

I'm looking at C2C in 2014 too. I'm thinking Tink in January and W&D in Nov. I really want to do Princess but I just am not a 3 AM person... castle or no.
OMG, TOO FUNNY!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: