Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #796
dlbwright
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreEma View Post
Welcome, OregonGirl! Best of luck to y'all in trying to get pregnant.

And PlutoBaby and dlbwright - I'm right there with you! I will be happy just to finish in 3 hours! We can do it! I ran last year with a real runner, who stuck with me to get me through my 1st half and finished in 2:56. I'm super nervous about having to run it alone this year!!!
Ok, my last post I promise.

OregonGirl, Lots of pixie baby dust for you and your husband.

EeyoreEma, that sounds like a challenge to me!!! So we need to finish in 2:55 I am doing the Biggest Loser 1/2 in NY in June. It is going to be my first 1/2 and a 'test' to see if I can really do this. I will shoot for your time. Plus it may help for good corral placement
Old 04-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #797
Chalmers3716
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snelldog View Post
Thanks! I know it sounds like I'm complaining about 2 hours. Really, my complaint is that I seem to be wearing down and am getting slower! Thank you all for the nice words! The goal is to get all 13 under 2! Here's hoping!
Snelldog, I am reading your report right now--Go St Louis was my first half (2:02:57).

You're bringing back a lot of points that I had either already forgotten (in only 5 days), or zoned out during the run!

I thought the biggest issue w/ Holy Hill was the monotony/boredom rather than the incline. The hills in miles 10-12 were WAY worse for me!

I have no frame of reference, since this was my first run, but others are telling me this was an extremely hilly course, so I am hoping that more training plus the "aid" of a flatter course will help me break 2 hours on my next one.
Chalmers3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #798
OregonGirl
I'm almost always either on-location, in the sound stage or in the editing suite.

Thanks all for the baby dust! We certainly hope to have a bun in the oven by November, but frankly I'm not in a hurry to be successful in May or June because I don't want to be huge for the race and our following cruise.

Speaking of the cruise, it's only been like 4 days and I am bursting to spill the beans to DH. Trying to wait until my birthday(ish) - end of August - is going to be killer.

I started my serious training last week and into this week. I have two different 5 -6 mile routes I am going to attempt to run every day for the next 90 days. One is VERY hilly and really helps with inclines, and one is a nice smooth, non elevation run where I can work on my speed.

I'm averaging about a 13 MPM pace, and I hope to get back into my PB of 10 MPM. With just about 7 months before the race, I think I can do it (even if I get preggo).

Has anyone gotten their hotel room yet? Where is everyone staying? It will likely be the Poly for us. Does anyone else plan on the pre-race party? When are people arriving at WDW?

- Carey
OregonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #799
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

I would like to know as well how many folks booked rooms and where. Hoping the OP will do a survey for our benefit. :-)

March 2009 FairyTale Wedding PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post25294663

Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013 Planning and TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088379
Crown_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:50 AM   #800
cimrk01
Mouseketeer

We rented some DVC points for SSR. We were hoping for BW or BC but both were sold out. Liked the idea of walking back through Intl. Gateway to the hotel after the post race festivities. Has anyone ever stayed at SSR for this event? How quick are the buses?

Also, for those that have participated in the event how long do the buses run after the run is completed?

cimrk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #801
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_princess View Post
I would like to know as well how many folks booked rooms and where. Hoping the OP will do a survey for our benefit. :-)
We're at VWL. Was hoping for AKL but they took it off the host list.

We have to make it a super quick trip. We'll be coming in on Fri the 8th and out on Mon the 11th.

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #802
EeyoreEma
DIS Veteran

Diana - Challenge accepted!! Let's shoot for 2:55 - or better! Hope your 10K today goes well, and I bet the Biggest Loser 1/2 will be a blast! Let's definitely plan to meet up at W&D!

We're staying at SSR since AKV and BLT were not on the list and BW was not available. I'm hoping transportation won't be too slow, but I do like the idea of going home to peaceful, quiet SSR!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #803
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Booked at All Star Movies. This will change if I get roommates. I'm trying to keep things as cheap as possible(for my husband's sake lol) after PHM this year and our family trip for PHM next year.
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon Jan 2014 Paradise Pier DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Feb 2014 Contemporary Glass Slipper Challenge
LoveMyMoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #804
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

i havent booked but ill either look to rent points or wait till the annual pass discounts come out for that time frame
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #805
Jenn310
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimrk01 View Post
We rented some DVC points for SSR. We were hoping for BW or BC but both were sold out. Liked the idea of walking back through Intl. Gateway to the hotel after the post race festivities. Has anyone ever stayed at SSR for this event? How quick are the buses?

Also, for those that have participated in the event how long do the buses run after the run is completed?
I'm glad I read this,was thinking of renting points and really wanted beach club or boardwalk! Guess I need to get my act together sooner!
Jenn310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #806
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

We are booked at POFQ. Was planning BC but added marathon weekend so cutting back a bit

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #807
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonGirl View Post
Thanks all for the baby dust! We certainly hope to have a bun in the oven by November, but frankly I'm not in a hurry to be successful in May or June because I don't want to be huge for the race and our following cruise.

Speaking of the cruise, it's only been like 4 days and I am bursting to spill the beans to DH. Trying to wait until my birthday(ish) - end of August - is going to be killer.

I started my serious training last week and into this week. I have two different 5 -6 mile routes I am going to attempt to run every day for the next 90 days. One is VERY hilly and really helps with inclines, and one is a nice smooth, non elevation run where I can work on my speed.

I'm averaging about a 13 MPM pace, and I hope to get back into my PB of 10 MPM. With just about 7 months before the race, I think I can do it (even if I get preggo).

Has anyone gotten their hotel room yet? Where is everyone staying? It will likely be the Poly for us. Does anyone else plan on the pre-race party? When are people arriving at WDW?

- Carey
We booked at CBR... We've never stayed there (our first stay on site was this past January despite having been to WDW over 35 times!)... My goal is to stay at each resort at least once

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #808
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Is there a way to do a survey that I don't have to tally up results for? I will try to summarize what people are posting but it will be May 1st before I get much time because this is my busy season at work.

We rented points and booked at Boardwalk Villas- on the very first day you could book. DH and I, both in need of a LOT of training, Hoping to finish in something less than 3:30! 3:00 would be even better!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #809
shelleylmu
Earning My Ears

My DH and I are staying at SSR. It's our home resort so booked early. Have never actually stayed there so I hope we like it. On the waiting list for BWV and BC but not very optimistic that we'll get either of them. This will be our first W&D and first 1/2 so we're still trying to learn the ropes. Have my first 10k in a couple weeks, a little nervous but training has been going pretty good. If I don't do well i figure there is plenty of time to do another to try to get a better corral.
shelleylmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #810
zgirls
Mouseketeer

Booked at SSR when window opened. Would have liked BC but wanted to be sure we had a place on points, did half in Jan '11 and couldn't get a room anywhere because we waited to long, last minute wait list came through- didn't want to be in that boat again.
Hoping busing fits our schedule and we do not have to fit the transportation schedule.
Training has been good, actually lowered miles since half in March. Did the Yuengling Lager Jogger 5K yesterday, up hill for 2.0 miles (steep) then all down for last 1.2miles. Finished in 24:00ish minutes(haven't seen official results yet) - not my best but fine with it. It was a very nice race with a tour of America's oldest brewery afterwards. Will do this one again.

SSR Nov'07, Dec '08, Dec'09, July '10, Jan. '11, Dec'11, Nov'13, May '14, Aug'14

Wine & Dine 2013
Flower & Garden 2009, 2014
Marathon Weekend 2011
zgirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: