Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #781
wood8176
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Registered!

So I am committed! (or need to be institutionally committed) Registered last night. We are already on the front page of this thread #38-41, so no need to add us.

Yikes, this race has gotten expensive. Disney may be pricing me out of future RunDisney events.

We have our lodging (SSR Treehouse) and Race Registration. Now we just need to get there! Can't wait! So excited!

wood8176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #782
dlbwright
DIS Veteran

@PlutoBaby, I totally agree with you. If I can finish in 3hrs it will be the thrill of my life! I may be slow, but I am out there!

@Snelldog, Congrats! I am enjoying reading your recaps now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
First let me say congrats and awesome job! Now let me lay into you. A sub 2-hour half and you're complaining??!!?? REALLY??!!??I'll probably never see that in my lifetime! Have to love that post run ice cream though!

Right there with ya. The only hills I see down here are the dumps. Blecchhh!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #783
OregonGirl
I'm almost always either on-location, in the sound stage or in the editing suite.

I'm in!

Hi everyone!

Well I was looking at RunDisney this morning and day dreaming of my next vacation and one thing led to another and I booked myself for the 2013 Wine & Dine Half!

Hubby and I told each other our next vacation would NOT be Disney (he's not quite the avid fan I am) so I decided to splurge and book us for a week long Eastern Caribbean cruise right after the run. So now it's not *really* a Disney trip. It's two days at Disney, during which I run, followed by 7 days on a cruise ship (which I know he much prefers).

We are from Oregon, and so my itinerary is this:

PDX - MCO RedEye flight landing Nov 8th AM (not yet purchased but 'watched')
Two day PH tickets for each of us (purchased)
Race registration and pin for me (purchased)
Finish Line ticket for DH (purchased)
Fairly Early wake-up on Sunday, Nov 10th to catch a cab to Ft. Lauderdale.
Cruise from Nov 10th (PM) to Nov 17th (AM). (Down payment made)
Flight home from FLL to PDX Nov 17th (PM)

Now I have all kinds of things to plan in the next 7th months! Yay! This is me at my happiest. I plan to keep it a secret from hubby until as long as possible so it can be a surprise.

I also have to get back into trained running shape. I slacked over the winter and gained some weight, but I have run the W&D 2011 at 2:29 and want to beat it by 9 minutes. I have also run the 2012 Princess Half and the 2012 Disneyland Half. I had emergency surgery two weeks ago for an ectopic pregnancy that exploded my tube but I have been cleared for running so this week I get back into my training!

As an aside, we ARE trying for a kid and so I might very well be pregnant for this whole shindig, but as long as I am 6 months or less its totally fine. I can handle it.

Looking forward to sharing these next 7 months with you all!

- Carey
OregonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #784
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonGirl View Post
Hi everyone!

Well I was looking at RunDisney this morning and day dreaming of my next vacation and one thing led to another and I booked myself for the 2013 Wine & Dine Half!

Hubby and I told each other our next vacation would NOT be Disney (he's not quite the avid fan I am) so I decided to splurge and book us for a week long Eastern Caribbean cruise right after the run. So now it's not *really* a Disney trip. It's two days at Disney, during which I run, followed by 7 days on a cruise ship (which I know he much prefers).

We are from Oregon, and so my itinerary is this:

PDX - MCO RedEye flight landing Nov 8th AM (not yet purchased but 'watched')
Two day PH tickets for each of us (purchased)
Race registration and pin for me (purchased)
Finish Line ticket for DH (purchased)
Fairly Early wake-up on Sunday, Nov 10th to catch a cab to Ft. Lauderdale.
Cruise from Nov 10th (PM) to Nov 17th (AM). (Down payment made)
Flight home from FLL to PDX Nov 17th (PM)

Now I have all kinds of things to plan in the next 7th months! Yay! This is me at my happiest. I plan to keep it a secret from hubby until as long as possible so it can be a surprise.

I also have to get back into trained running shape. I slacked over the winter and gained some weight, but I have run the W&D 2011 at 2:29 and want to beat it by 9 minutes. I have also run the 2012 Princess Half and the 2012 Disneyland Half. I had emergency surgery two weeks ago for an ectopic pregnancy that exploded my tube but I have been cleared for running so this week I get back into my training!

As an aside, we ARE trying for a kid and so I might very well be pregnant for this whole shindig, but as long as I am 6 months or less its totally fine. I can handle it.

Looking forward to sharing these next 7 months with you all!

- Carey
Welcome, and lots of sticky baby dust to you!!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #785
EeyoreEma
DIS Veteran

Welcome, OregonGirl! Best of luck to y'all in trying to get pregnant.

And PlutoBaby and dlbwright - I'm right there with you! I will be happy just to finish in 3 hours! We can do it! I ran last year with a real runner, who stuck with me to get me through my 1st half and finished in 2:56. I'm super nervous about having to run it alone this year!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #786
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreEma View Post
Welcome, OregonGirl! Best of luck to y'all in trying to get pregnant.

And PlutoBaby and dlbwright - I'm right there with you! I will be happy just to finish in 3 hours! We can do it! I ran last year with a real runner, who stuck with me to get me through my 1st half and finished in 2:56. I'm super nervous about having to run it alone this year!!!
Have no fear! I'm running it solo too but there will be LOTS of WISH'ers there as well. We'll meet up before race time so hopefully no one will really be running alone!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #787
EeyoreEma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Have no fear! I'm running it solo too but there will be LOTS of WISH'ers there as well. We'll meet up before race time so hopefully no one will really be running alone!
Awesome! I find that it really helps me to have motivating friends along for the runs! Usually, I just start talking up some random stranger at the 5Ks I do at home since I never have anyone to run with! It really helps to have these stranger friends pushing me along!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #788
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Awesome! I find that it really helps me to have motivating friends along for the runs! Usually, I just start talking up some random stranger at the 5Ks I do at home since I never have anyone to run with! It really helps to have these stranger friends pushing me along!
RunDisney events are full of folks like this. Just like the parks. So easy to strike up a convo with nearly anyone.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #789
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know what you mean. I ran the Family 5K alone in January and struck up a conversation with other "singles" standing next to me in the corral. After the race was over one of the girls is a few lines over waiting to get her pic taken and yells my name and asks how I did! It was nice to see a "familiar" face.

One reason I loved the vibe of a runDisney race.

I hit the 6 mile mark on Sunday. I'm feeling it a bit but did a "maintenance" run today and wound up doing alright.

I hope I'm in good shape!!!!!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #790
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

My wife and I will be running the W&D half marathon along with two of her coworkers. We are arriving on Nov. 8th and staying until Nov. 14th. Would have stayed until Nov. 16th but I have a wedding that day. Almost forgot about it when booking. We are staying at POFQ which is also the same resort we spent our honeymoon/disneymoon at in 2009.

POFQ: June 2009
All-Star Music: Dec. 2010 thru Jan. 2011
CSR: Sept. 2012
POFQ: Nov. 2013
POFQ: Sept/Oct 2014
ArmyVet80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #791
Snelldog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby

First let me say congrats and awesome job! Now let me lay into you. A sub 2-hour half and you're complaining??!!?? REALLY??!!??I'll probably never see that in my lifetime! Have to love that post run ice cream though!

Right there with ya. The only hills I see down here are the dumps. Blecchhh!!!
Thanks! I know it sounds like I'm complaining about 2 hours. Really, my complaint is that I seem to be wearing down and am getting slower! Thank you all for the nice words! The goal is to get all 13 under 2! Here's hoping!
Snelldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #792
aggielawyer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Come on over.... you actually have a very good half marathon and marathon in early December. Starts at the Mall (nonexistent when I attended) and moves up into Bryan then back along Welborne and through campus. Last year was doubly exciting as it was the day after the Heisman.
Lol...I just think of that as the day I don't go to church since the streets are a mess. Actually, though, that run supports an excellent cause.

I came back over here because I did sign up. Now to start training...

BC 2/12 * Pop 2/11 * Pop 9/09 * BC 12/08 * BC 12/99

aggielawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #793
dlbwright
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yeah more solo runners. I am one too. Meet up sounds great. I don't have anyone to run with locally. A friend did a 5K with me last weekend, but that is as much as she wants to do. I am doing a solo 10k this weekend, my furthest so far and a little nervous. It will be nice to have some friends to run with.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #794
dlbwright
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVet80 View Post
My wife and I will be running the W&D half marathon along with two of her coworkers. We are arriving on Nov. 8th and staying until Nov. 14th. Would have stayed until Nov. 16th but I have a wedding that day. Almost forgot about it when booking. We are staying at POFQ which is also the same resort we spent our honeymoon/disneymoon at in 2009.
Welcome!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #795
dlbwright
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
I know what you mean. I ran the Family 5K alone in January and struck up a conversation with other "singles" standing next to me in the corral. After the race was over one of the girls is a few lines over waiting to get her pic taken and yells my name and asks how I did! It was nice to see a "familiar" face.

One reason I loved the vibe of a runDisney race.

I hit the 6 mile mark on Sunday. I'm feeling it a bit but did a "maintenance" run today and wound up doing alright.

I hope I'm in good shape!!!!!
Congrats on your 6 mile! I am doing a 10K tomorrow. This will be my furthest.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: