Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #766
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_princess View Post
LOL.
I thought it was some sort of Disney promotion and was worrying that WDW was going to be packed shoulder to shoulder with people trying to take advantage of the promotion. Silly me.
The way Disney does promos, you never know. lol
Old 04-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #767
EeyoreEma
DIS Veteran

Woohoo!! I'm in with y'all! We decided we're going to make a weekend out of it. DH will do the 5K, kids will each do the mile, and I'm going half for the 2nd year in a row! I am SO excited! I will be running it alone this year (had a friend coach me through last year), so hopefully I can meet up with some of you Wisher's for a great race!!

And to all of you who will be doing this as your first half - it will get you hooked! Last years was my 1st (and thus far only) half, but I've gotten even more into running since then, so I'm super excited to be going this one again! I think I'm also going to head to the Princess Half in February!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #768
Snelldog
Earning My Ears

So, my training is still on track. I haven't posted my updated blog on here lately, and I'm about to do half #4 of the year! So, check it out at www.snellsracechase.wordpress.com Thanks! We are booked for AoA from wednesday til Monday and DW is super stoked. Bringing the inlaws and nieces and all! Can't wait!
Snelldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #769
DCbride
DIS Veteran

Does anyone run while on vacation at Disney? I brought my stuff because I really wanted to stick to my running plan for the 10 miler in May and didn't run once! We were either at the parks all day or I have to admit the 3x we went back to the room, I napped right next to my 5 year old!

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop/Omni, Omni, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #770
smileyk8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCbride View Post
Does anyone run while on vacation at Disney? I brought my stuff because I really wanted to stick to my running plan for the 10 miler in May and didn't run once! We were either at the parks all day or I have to admit the 3x we went back to the room, I napped right next to my 5 year old!
I usually do, but I'll go before we hit the parks in the morning. It's easier for us though as the time difference means I'm often up silly early at first so there's time to burn before rope drop. I'm always amazed by how many other runners/walkers are up and about at 6am when on vacation.
Boston Marathon 2009 4hrs 22minsPrincess half marathon 2009 1hour 56mins, 57secs Walt Disney World Marathon 2010 4hrs 7minsRoyal parks half 2010 1:52:19WDW Wine and Dine 2013 1:50:16
smileyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #771
tiffrobyn
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming swimming swimming swimming.

Quote:
I usually make it a point to run once or twice. I get up in the morning and go. It's awesome to explore the resorts on foot in the early morning.
tiffrobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #772
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

I'm in! So excited! Just registered. I've done the Princess 3 times but no other runDis race. I'm really pumped about a new course AND especially excited about the lights! I'll be spending the next day or so reading back over this thread for info!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR

Last edited by tinkeramy; 04-07-2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: typo
tinkeramy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #773
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
I'm in! So excited! Just registered. I've done the Princess 3 times but no other runDis race. I'm really pumped about a new course AND especially excited about the lights! I'll be spending the next day or so reading back over this thread for info!
Pshhhh. Most excited about seeing meeeeeee again!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #774
Snelldog
Earning My Ears

My newest blog post is up! Don't forget, all of these are culminating with my 13th 13 in 13 at the wine and dine half! That's why upu care! ;-) www.snellsracechase.wordpress.com
Snelldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #775
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
The DH and I run every time we go to WDW . We'll get up and run before going to the parks so it's done for the day and not crowded everywhere. We do however take it easy on the mileage as we know we'll be on our feet the rest of the day! And it never surprises me how many people are up and about in the morning running, especially around the loop at the Boardwalk.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #776
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Snelldog, I was cringing as I read that race report. Wtg.

I don't like hills. At. All.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #777
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snelldog View Post
My newest blog post is up! Don't forget, all of these are culminating with my 13th 13 in 13 at the wine and dine half! That's why upu care! ;-) www.snellsracechase.wordpress.com
Congrats!!! I have a hard enough time running on flat Florida land, I'm not sure I could handle a course like that (yet)!!!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #778
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snelldog View Post
First let me say congrats and awesome job! Now let me lay into you. A sub 2-hour half and you're complaining??!!?? REALLY??!!??I'll probably never see that in my lifetime! Have to love that post run ice cream though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative8 View Post
Congrats!!! I have a hard enough time running on flat Florida land, I'm not sure I could handle a course like that (yet)!!!
Right there with ya. The only hills I see down here are the dumps. Blecchhh!!!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #779
walkdmc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Another early riser who runs. We usually stay at BLT and running past the MK early in the AM is really nice. It feels so good getting back to my room in time to wake up the kids.
walkdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #780
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

68%

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: