Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #736
tiffrobyn
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming swimming swimming swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post

Hi Neighbor! We actually have a split stay - the Treehouses weren't available for the whole 8 days, so we are splitting our time at a 2 bedroom suite at Saratoga as well.
Is too! Treehouse and wilderness lodge for us!
tiffrobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #737
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
Me too. I'm in for the half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunnerGirl View Post
I am for the half with my favorite running buddy - my DN. She is soooo much faster than I am, but we have fun hanging out together before the race. I usually give her a Disney gift card to stick in her running shorts pocket, so she can get herself something to eat and drink while she waits for me to finish - she would actually have time for a shower too but is too polite to leave me
That's a great idea! Think I'll spoil my chEar squad and get them all extra gift cards. It'll be long after midnight before I get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmejosh View Post
right now im not too worried about running during the day its still in the low 80's but i know in the coming weeks its going to hit 90+ so im more worried about my safety than anything... ill probably try running on cooler days and then at night for sure on my long runs on the weekend..
The DH and I usually get up early (at least for me!) on the weekends and try to get the miles in before it gets TOO steamy. We make sure to bring the key to our community pool and jump in at the end of the run, clothes and all!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #738
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Officially signed up!!!

Me - 5K and Half
DH - Half
Both kids - Kids Races

So excited!!!!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014, Oct 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #739
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I'm so happy to have finally found this thread!

We signed up last week! Second W&D here! First was in 2011 and had already planned our 2012 trip (Disney wedding) around the assumption W&D would be the same weekend, only to be replaced by ToT! Super excited!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #740
Haas4Concern
Mouseketeer

Sadly, i have to bail on the W&D this year. Dopey is going to take my W&D budget and then some. Its tough because W&D is my favorite, but Dopey sounds too crazy to pass up.

2007 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2012 WDW Marathon Relay, 2012 Inaugural Canton 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Ohio 2 Warrior Dash, 2012 Air Force Half Marathon, 2012 Wine & Dine, 2013 Goofy Challenge,Dumbo Double Dare 2013,Dopey Challenge 2014
Haas4Concern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #741
aggielawyer
DIS Veteran

I'm trying to get my mind set to run this race...see it would be perfect. It is on my 40th birthday. What better way to celebrate 40 by running a half AT Disney World? I'm a total couch potato right now, though, so I've got to get busy.

BC 2/12 * Pop 2/11 * Pop 9/09 * BC 12/08 * BC 12/99

aggielawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #742
DoctorK
Mouseketeer

I see registration only moved up from 61% to 65% this week. I wonder if the WDW Marathon Weekend registration opening will draw some attention away for a while.
DoctorK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #743
kmorganj
Earning My Ears

So excited for my first W&D! I signed up for this race in lieu of Marathon weekend in 2014. Then Disney goes and offers all sorts of new races... the restraint I am exercising as registration opens today is more challenging than the marathon itself! Dreaming of November...
2007 Marathon-2008 Marathon-2009 Marathon-2009 Princess Half Marathon-2010 Princess Half Marathon-2011 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge-2012 Inaugural Marathon Relay-2012 Expedition Everest 5K-2012 Disneyland Half Marathon-2012 Coast to Coast-Challenge-2013 Marathon-2013 Wine & Dine Half Marathon-2014 Inaugural Glass Slipper Challenge-2014 Royal Family 5K - 2015 Glass Slipper Challenge

kmorganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #744
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggielawyer View Post
I'm trying to get my mind set to run this race...see it would be perfect. It is on my 40th birthday. What better way to celebrate 40 by running a half AT Disney World? I'm a total couch potato right now, though, so I've got to get busy.
Come on over.... you actually have a very good half marathon and marathon in early December. Starts at the Mall (nonexistent when I attended) and moves up into Bryan then back along Welborne and through campus. Last year was doubly exciting as it was the day after the Heisman.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #745
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

The Jeff Galloway training guide says to train for a temperature of 60 degrees F. Is that what the temperature was previous years?

March 2009 FairyTale Wedding PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post25294663

Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013 Planning and TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088379
Crown_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #746
tcmata
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Come on over.... you actually have a very good half marathon and marathon in early December. Starts at the Mall (nonexistent when I attended) and moves up into Bryan then back along Welborne and through campus. Last year was doubly exciting as it was the day after the Heisman.
Thanks for posting that Coach!! I didn't realize they had a marathon there!! Good reason to go back and visit again! The mall was there when we were, but unfortunately we weren't runners back then! When we visited the campus this summer, we saw so many places we would have enjoyed running there! We might just have to sign up for this one!!
tcmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #747
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_princess View Post
The Jeff Galloway training guide says to train for a temperature of 60 degrees F. Is that what the temperature was previous years?
umm yeah i wouldnt go that, id traing for around 70 sure it could be lower but i wouldnt count on it the past few years its been as high as 85 and as low as 60... of course those are the highs for the day and this race is at night.
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #748
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haas4Concern View Post
Sadly, i have to bail on the W&D this year. Dopey is going to take my W&D budget and then some. Its tough because W&D is my favorite, but Dopey sounds too crazy to pass up.
Good luck to you! I admire anyone with the fortitude to take it on!

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #749
jenifred
Mouseketeer

It's official. DH and I are registered, along with another couple, who will be doing their first Half. Very excitied for our friends and our KID FREE Disney weekend!

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #750
shelleylmu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifred View Post
It's official. DH and I are registered, along with another couple, who will be doing their first Half. Very excitied for our friends and our KID FREE Disney weekend!
Me too! I think I may be more excited about the kids free weekend than the actual race. First half for us too.
shelleylmu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: