Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #601
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
(3) We're DVC members and would not be booking a package through Get Travel. It looks they charge $22 for shipping or something like that---does Run Disney allow us to buy tickets with them and pick up at a window for free without buying a hotel room?

(5) Does registration in any of the events qualify for a discount? If we decide to do the 5K or kid races instead, would that qualify us for the ticket discount?
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
3) You can pick the tickets up at Guest relations or ESPN- I think they have a booth at the Expo as well. But any guest relations will have your tickets. $22 shipping is Get Travel price not run disney price.

5) I think you are only supposed to get the discount for half races, but I am not sure about that. That one you probably need to call and ask!
3) Just a bit of clarification, I am pretty sure the discounted tickets through event services (runDisney) must be purchased in advance and cannot be purchased at the expo for the discounted price. You can pick them up at the booth at the expo, but not purchase them.

5) The last three years 5K registration (and all the other runDisney 5K's confirmation emails I can find) have a link and password to obtain the discounted park tickets.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #602
cimrk01
Mouseketeer

Does the discounted park tickets accommodate for a one day pass or does it have to be a minimum of a two day park ticket?

cimrk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #603
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
3) Just a bit of clarification, I am pretty sure the discounted tickets through event services (runDisney) must be purchased in advance and cannot be purchased at the expo for the discounted price. You can pick them up at the booth at the expo, but not purchase them.
I tried the link in my registration e-mail to purchase these tickets and was told 'ticket shop' wasn't open yet. Is this normal? When can I purchase usually? Anyone have luck yet? I mean 40% off is amazing!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #604
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Anyone know what the coral cutoff times were for last year?

I have 2 other halfs that I'm toying with that I could probably use to get a better time to submit, if it's worth it.

Also, compared to this years PHM, is coral placement really a big deal? The only reason I would be at all concerned about placement would be because of the congestion at the PHM. But, since there are fewer runners, I wonder if its really an issue?

Mamasmurf227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #605
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimrk01 View Post
Does the discounted park tickets accommodate for a one day pass or does it have to be a minimum of a two day park ticket?
You can buy a one day ticket through the Expedition Everest link, so I would assume the same of the Wine & Dine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
I tried the link in my registration e-mail to purchase these tickets and was told 'ticket shop' wasn't open yet. Is this normal? When can I purchase usually? Anyone have luck yet? I mean 40% off is amazing!
I had some issues trying to log on this morning. Perhaps it was a site problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post

I have 2 other halfs that I'm toying with that I could probably use to get a better time to submit, if it's worth it.

Also, compared to this years PHM, is coral placement really a big deal? The only reason I would be at all concerned about placement would be because of the congestion at the PHM. But, since there are fewer runners, I wonder if its really an issue?
I wasn't there for this year's PHM, but one place that gets crowded in along the water from DHS to the Yacht Club. The side walk is narrow and if there are more than a couple people it creates a back up. That said, that spot is around mile 12.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #606
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Wink

Quote:

Last year, I didn't think corral placement would be that big of a deal as I figured I had 13 miles to move up . HOWEVER, not really knowing what I was doing, and not knowing what to expect when things got clogged up (especially in AK and just outside of DHS), I found it does make a difference if you're trying for a decent time. According to my Nike+, I actually ran an entire extra mile doing the zig-zag dance all along the course! So I made sure when I ran my 10k last week, that I pushed for as good a time as I could so I could move up in the corrals. Plus waiting that extra half hour for the last corral to start felt like an eternity! I guess it just depends on what's important to you. I swore right after the race last year, I wouldn't do it again, but after coming back here and reading everyone's stories, and knowing that I had actually met some them, I decided to give it another try. The DH is definitely out this year (foot problems), and last year he had to pull out about 5 hours before because he got sick, so running it solo was pretty lonely. But this year, I'm going in prepared to run it alone. But knowing that I'll have even more WISH'ers around, will make it alot more fun!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #607
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post

5) The last three years 5K registration (and all the other runDisney 5K's confirmation emails I can find) have a link and password to obtain the discounted park tickets.
Yes- correct- sorry if I wasn't clear! Can't PURCHASE at Guest relations, but you can pick them up if you order ahead of time- this is the will call option on the order form.

Good to know about the 5K!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #608
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Yes- correct- sorry if I wasn't clear! Can't PURCHASE at Guest relations, but you can pick them up if you order ahead of time- this is the will call option on the order form.

Good to know about the 5K!
DH and I are only doing the 5k and booked room and tix with the discount yesterday, so it's a "yes" this year, too.

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #609
Qltrgrl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There is an area that is tight with congestion in Animal Kingdom so if you have a decent time be sure to submit it. I was placed in Corral A with a 2:03 submitted time. My daughter was in B and her time was from a 10k (can't remember time). The earlier corral the better for race course management.
Qltrgrl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #610
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

It's official! I'm in. Well, mostly. I booked lodging today and it involved borrowing DVC points to do it so there's no turning back.

After our upcoming trip to DLR, we'll find the extra $$ to pay for registration.

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #611
saysay
DIS Veteran

So I brought it up tonight to the husband that I really wanted to do this race this year.... Hey I didn't get a NO, its a good sign. Really want to do this race!

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
saysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #612
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
So I brought it up tonight to the husband that I really wanted to do this race this year.... Hey I didn't get a NO, its a good sign. Really want to do this race!
rubbing my hands together... exxxcceeellleeennnnttt!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #613
Snelldog
Earning My Ears

Quick question: are the reservation centers open 24 hours? My family is getting together tomorrow to make reservations, at 6pm central time. I just dont know if there will be anyone there to take our special requests!
Snelldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #614
kmg148
DIS Veteran

I don't think so. I think they close at 10?
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #615
Snelldog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmg148
I don't think so. I think they close at 10?
Ok, thanks!
Snelldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: