Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #586
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I want to say they sold out in September last year. I could be mistaken though. It was certainly after the half marathon sold out.
Good to know, thanks!

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #587
DCbride
DIS Veteran

Last year free dining ended Nov 2 (a Thursday) then began on the Saturday of the race I think. Might have been the Sunday... We went for 10 days and basically missed out. The week of Nov 3 is called Jersey week. NJ schools are closed 2 days for teachers break and a day for election so lots of families take the entire week. So Disney generally does not give big discounts that week.

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop, AoA, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #588
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCbride
Last year free dining ended Nov 2 (a Thursday) then began on the Saturday of the race I think. Might have been the Sunday... We went for 10 days and basically missed out. The week of Nov 3 is called Jersey week. NJ schools are closed 2 days for teachers break and a day for election so lots of families take the entire week. So Disney generally does not give big discounts that week.
Friends of ours arrived the Thursday before the race and they has free dining for 12 days. It was late coming out though, I believe it was July or maybe even August.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #589
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

I wouldn't bet on Free Dining. It's been curtailed for the next couple of years and, if it's offered at all this year, it'll be during Sept and end before F&W opens. Even then, the structure may be different, where Values and Mods will get the Quick Serve, Deluxes get the regular DDP.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #590
the antifanatic
Earning My Ears

I am in....I am in

I will be running both races!! Now boys and girls, let's talk about a spot for a group photo!!
the antifanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #591
DCbride
DIS Veteran

Ran 3 miles today and it was the first time that I actually felt like a runner again.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #592
DCbride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Friends of ours arrived the Thursday before the race and they had free dining for 12 days. It was late coming out though, I believe it was July or maybe even August.
Oops- sorry for the wrong info then. I know I planned a trip for friends who went for the first time and they had to arrive on Nov 1. We arrived on Nov 3 and didn't qualify. Then FD opened up for the end of our trip but I didn't want to get a package for the last few days.

That trip we were at Pop for 1 day, AKL 6 days, Pop 2 days and AoA for 1 night - surprising I remembered what resort to return to at night

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop, AoA, BC, Bay Lake
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #593
the antifanatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCbride View Post
Ran 3 miles today and it was the first time that I actually felt like a runner again.
good job-3.1 on the treadmill today!
the antifanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #594
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
I haven't run since the Princess Half 2.5 weeks ago. I spent the first week after the PHM recovering. The humidity & heat caused all kinds of issues that I've never had in training. I had chafing on both of my arms, my bra line was raw, and I had a total of 20 blisters between my two feet and heat rash on both feet and my chest. I wore the same clothes I trained in and used body glide. Darn weather. Then I've been dealing with sick kiddos since (ear infections, strep, and pneumonia). I think I'll be able to get out this afternoon for a short run.
Ouch, ouch and double ouch! That's bad business all of the way around! I'm glad you and the kids are on the mend, them being down and out is as bad as being sick yourself. I'm really hoping November will look better weather wise, I felt bad for the Princesses this year.
I got some news today that worries me some about my training. I am going to have to have TMJ surgery to repair my very messed up jaw. I put it off until April, after my color run, but I would be lying not to say I'm not very concerned about where I'll be in training with it. My jaw will be wired shut for six weeks, so soups and protein shakes are going to be it for me. I've had trouble maintaining muscle mass since my weight loss surgery, so I'm worried my body is essentially going to eat everything good I have accomplished during the recovery period. I'm really going to be sucking down A LOT of protein!

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #595
Strawberry's mom&dad
DIS Veteran

I just registered.
DL half then W&D.
I have never done a half marathon, I know I can do this just train for it

Strawberry's mom&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #596
NYUBwayBaby
Mouseketeer

Well, I just signed up for the half.
I need a WDW race this year to get my Coast to Coast since I didn't finish the full. Of course, I still need to finish the Half (and the 10k) at Disneyland.

Last edited by NYUBwayBaby; 03-13-2013 at 10:06 PM.
NYUBwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #597
Snelldog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry's mom&dad
I just registered.
DL half then W&D.
I have never done a half marathon, I know I can do this just train for it
Yep! Mind over matter! Running is all about will power. One foot in front of the other....
Snelldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #598
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

We're considering going (but it would involve completely re-arranging our December trip, which we'd swap for this one).

DH is currently signed up for the Disneyland Half and he wants to the Coast to Coast medal. A few questions after reading parts of this thread:

(1) Is the after party included in the Half Marathon registration price? So if DH did the race, I'd have to buy myself a ticket to meet him at the finish line inside the World Showcase?

(2) What are the discounted ticket prices? Are these the same prices listed by Get Travel?

(3) We're DVC members and would not be booking a package through Get Travel. It looks they charge $22 for shipping or something like that---does Run Disney allow us to buy tickets with them and pick up at a window for free without buying a hotel room?

(4) I'm so lame--where do I find a list of race-hotels? Are race-hotels ones that provide transportation to the start of the race?

(5) Does registration in any of the events qualify for a discount? If we decide to do the 5K or kid races instead, would that qualify us for the ticket discount?
Thanks.

Last edited by lilpooh108; 03-13-2013 at 10:29 PM.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:23 AM   #599
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
We're considering going (but it would involve completely re-arranging our December trip, which we'd swap for this one).

DH is currently signed up for the Disneyland Half and he wants to the Coast to Coast medal. A few questions after reading parts of this thread:

(1) Is the after party included in the Half Marathon registration price? So if DH did the race, I'd have to buy myself a ticket to meet him at the finish line inside the World Showcase?

(2) What are the discounted ticket prices? Are these the same prices listed by Get Travel?

(3) We're DVC members and would not be booking a package through Get Travel. It looks they charge $22 for shipping or something like that---does Run Disney allow us to buy tickets with them and pick up at a window for free without buying a hotel room?

(4) I'm so lame--where do I find a list of race-hotels? Are race-hotels ones that provide transportation to the start of the race?

(5) Does registration in any of the events qualify for a discount? If we decide to do the 5K or kid races instead, would that qualify us for the ticket discount?
Thanks.
1) Party is included in registration. My understanding is that the finish is outside of Epcot, so you can see your runner finish without entering the park. Don't need to buy ticket if you aren't going to the party

2) ticket prices are about 40% off gate prices. You will get a link for buying tickets when you register with a password to use on website. You can buy tickets for friends/family attending- not just the runner. GREAT discount!

3) You can pick the tickets up at Guest relations or ESPN- I think they have a booth at the Expo as well. But any guest relations will have your tickets. $22 shipping is Get Travel price not run disney price.

4) travel site: http://www.rundisney.com/travel/

5) I think you are only supposed to get the discount for half races, but I am not sure about that. That one you probably need to call and ask!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

Join me in my DietBet starting May 5! http://www.dietbetter.com/noguiltnogut

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #600
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

He didn't say no! He didn't say no! He didn't exactly say yes, either. But, I'll count it as a win! At least I have a little bit of time to work on it. I'll keep a close eye on registration-- would hate to do all this work ( ) to win him over just to get shut out of the race!

Mamasmurf227 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: