Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #571
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylily View Post
On another note, how's training going, everybody?
I haven't run since the Princess Half 2.5 weeks ago. I spent the first week after the PHM recovering. The humidity & heat caused all kinds of issues that I've never had in training. I had chafing on both of my arms, my bra line was raw, and I had a total of 20 blisters between my two feet and heat rash on both feet and my chest. I wore the same clothes I trained in and used body glide. Darn weather. Then I've been dealing with sick kiddos since (ear infections, strep, and pneumonia). I think I'll be able to get out this afternoon for a short run.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #572
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
So according to the FAQ, the expo should be back at ESPN... Here's hoping lessons were learned from this years Princess Half...
It was my understanding that the expo was at Coronado due to a scheduling conflict at WWoS. Just think though, ALL the race expos are like that in DL. The WWoS is a far better venue to accommodate the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildiva View Post
Newbie question....I have my hotel reservation made separately at Pop (which is a host resort) will we be able to use the transportaion since we didn't book as a package? I'm still considering renting a car for the freedom it provides, but would like to know as a back up. Thanks!
Yes. You do NOT need to book a package through runDisney in order to be able to take advantage of event transportation. You simply need to be staying at a host resort. Doesn't matter if you booked it yourself, had your travel agent do it, are staying on DVC points or are doing a package through runDisney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerPlouffe View Post
Im in Alberta. Small town North East Called Bonnyville

Ps! I have been on Disboards for a little while and I havent figured it out.. What on earth is DH DD DS? All i can think of is Disney Husband Disney Daughter or Disney Son.. lmao

But then I ran into other Forums with the same letters. :S lol
Here it is taken to mean Disney, but can be also read as dear or darling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyk8 View Post
I didn't have to specify a location so does that mean we could go anywhere? Thanks for your answer
As long as you have your confirmation number/receipt to give them at the window, you should be able to do it at any of the parks' or DTD's guest relations booths.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #573
Mickey'sfriend
DIS Veteran

Like many of you, I have to wait to register. I need all the stars to be aligned to make this happen. Keeping my fingers crossed. Disney is just the all time best place to run.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #574
amomma23
DIS Veteran

DH and I are in for the Jingle Jungle 5K!

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #575
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Am I crazy or what?! I just made a 2nd booking for Disney for the week of 11/8 - 11/16/13. My dd and I are participating in the Jingle Jungle 5K. I already had a booking through Disney for this week at POR. (I am soooo glad they added this as a Host Resort!) I thought I would check through iRun Disney and see if the rate is any better. I say! About $760 better! Sweet. The only thing that would be better is if Disney comes out with free dining for that week. I'm thinking about holding my original reservation open for a couple of months just in case that happens. Am I crazy or what? Please let me know!

MsHershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #576
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I wouldnt say that's crazy- but I also would HIGHLY doubt a free dining with those dates. At least not the front end with the race and a holiday weekend going on. They may have it after Monday though- but you'd have to rebook that anyway. Soooo... it doesn't hurt anything to hold off until what- July or so when discounts for the fall come out?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #577
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I wouldnt say that's crazy- but I also would HIGHLY doubt a free dining with those dates. At least not the front end with the race and a holiday weekend going on. They may have it after Monday though- but you'd have to rebook that anyway. Soooo... it doesn't hurt anything to hold off until what- July or so when discounts for the fall come out?
Free Dining was offered last year during this time. So you never know...
Old 03-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #578
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

I am 100% sure that hubby will tell me 100% NO when I ask about signing up for this...

But, it hasn't stopped me from starting to price it out.

I'm hoping to convince him that we can make the trip (without kids again) and stay at the Poly for an adults only relaxing weekend. I am even prepared to agree to no parks (since we were just there for Princess) if it *really* comes down to it.

Sorry I haven't read through this whole thread. Does the monorail run during the after party?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #579
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCbride View Post
THis past Nov we did the JJ5K, the 5yo kids race and the half that night. We rented a car so that helped. DH and I drove to JJ5K, raced, drove back to Pop to get DD5. (DD21 got her up and ready for us) then drove to kids races. The 5K was over around 8:30ish and the kids races began at 10:00 at WWoS. If you do not have a car and you have DD with you the bus should get you there in plenty of time.

DD really liked running with the other kids. Before the race they had all the kids dancing in center field and Mickey was there for hugs after the race. She will definitely do it again this year. And parents can run beside their kids if needed.
This will be the first year that my dd and I participate in the JJK. Do you remember the route? Does it go through Animal Kingdom? If so my plan after the race is to stay at the park and make Animal Kingdom the park we tour that day. I assume we will have to exit the park after the race and then reenter once it opens. Did anyone else do this in the past?

Old 03-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #580
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHershey View Post
This will be the first year that my dd and I participate in the JJK. Do you remember the route? Does it go through Animal Kingdom? If so my plan after the race is to stay at the park and make Animal Kingdom the park we tour that day. I assume we will have to exit the park after the race and then reenter once it opens. Did anyone else do this in the past?
The course starts and ends in the parking lot. The first 3/4 mile or so is looping the outside of the parking lot before entering the park.

Here is the course from last year's program:

Last edited by jeanigor; 03-13-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added graphic
jeanigor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #581
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
That's what I was thinking. I would wait until July or so and still have plenty of time to cancel either reservaton before the 45-day mark. Just wanted someone to reaffirm my thinking. Thanks.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #582
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
I am 100% sure that hubby will tell me 100% NO when I ask about signing up for this...

But, it hasn't stopped me from starting to price it out.

I'm hoping to convince him that we can make the trip (without kids again) and stay at the Poly for an adults only relaxing weekend. I am even prepared to agree to no parks (since we were just there for Princess) if it *really* comes down to it.

Sorry I haven't read through this whole thread. Does the monorail run during the after party?
Never say never! I asked dh after I got back from Princess and he was a firm no, especially since I'm traveling 700+ miles for another half two weeks before Wine and Dine. But I asked again yesterday, and no turned to maybe, which turned to a yes, and I'm registered now.
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon Jan 2014 Paradise Pier DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Feb 2014 Contemporary Glass Slipper Challenge
Feb 2015 POR Princess 1/2 Marathon
LoveMyMoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #583
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
The course starts and ends in the parking lot. The first 3/4 mile or so is looping the outside of the parking lot before entering the park.

Here is the course from last year's program:

Cool! Thank you so much for posting that.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #584
amomma23
DIS Veteran

DH and I are thinking of getting tickets to the finish line party. (Not included in 5K.) Do they sell out? How soon do we need to decide?

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #585
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23 View Post
DH and I are thinking of getting tickets to the finish line party. (Not included in 5K.) Do they sell out? How soon do we need to decide?
I want to say they sold out in September last year. I could be mistaken though. It was certainly after the half marathon sold out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: