Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #346
crewmatt
DIS Veteran

I loved the last few miles of W&D. I had backed off my pace just a little when we were on the exit loop of the animal kingdom parking lot so I was feeling great in DHS and all the way through the finish. Not my best half, but only about 2 minutes slower. The lights in DHS were incredible. It was all I could do not to stop and stare haha (I love christmas lights). I wish we got to run more of EPCOT - but after doing ToT, I totally understand why you dont want the course cutting the park in half.

Did anyone see how they were managing the crowds to cross the course, it was really quite impressive - they had 2 routes, one that curved left, and one that curved right. They would get about 20-30 spectators into a group, divert the course to the right, let the people fill in the middle. Then the runDisney person would divert the course to the left so the runners were running behind the crowd.

crewmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #347
the antifanatic
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=schoonersky;47342295]You are hidden in there at number 56! Lol!

Thanx-2 more things. I am doing the 5k that morning, and will we all be meeting for a group pic prior to the start of the half? that would be cool
the antifanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #348
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

[QUOTE=the antifanatic;47586323]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonersky View Post
You are hidden in there at number 56! Lol!

Thanx-2 more things. I am doing the 5k that morning, and will we all be meeting for a group pic prior to the start of the half? that would be cool
I definitely think so! We did last year and it was so much fun to be able to put faces with names. It was pretty noisy though so it was kind of difficult to hear what everybody was saying. Maybe we could meet further away from the stage this year or even earlier in the day!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #349
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
I definitely think so! We did last year and it was so much fun to be able to put faces with names. It was pretty noisy though so it was kind of difficult to hear what everybody was saying. Maybe we could meet further away from the stage this year or even earlier in the day!
For Marathon weekend and other races, there is usually a meet at a food court (or someplace that doesn't require park admission) the day before the race. Meeting in the field before the race is hectic. There are so many people. So much going on. A limited amount of time to do it. A meeting at a host hotel food court is a bit more relaxed. Just my two cents.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #350
rebapple
Mouseketeer

Did anyone notice that get travel is listing the marathon fee as 165? Has anyone ever run for C2C and booked through a travel provider? Didn't know if it caused any problems.
rebapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #351
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
For Marathon weekend and other races, there is usually a meet at a food court (or someplace that doesn't require park admission) the day before the race. Meeting in the field before the race is hectic. There are so many people. So much going on. A limited amount of time to do it. A meeting at a host hotel food court is a bit more relaxed. Just my two cents.
Love that idea! Of course, anything involving food always sounds good to me.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #352
the antifanatic
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=PlutoBaby;47588222]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the antifanatic View Post

ok-we have almost 9 months to decide!!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #353
the antifanatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Love that idea! Of course, anything involving food always sounds good to me.
Well, perhaps sometime after the 5k on Saturday would be good!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #354
JustADreamAway
Earning My Ears

Count me in! W&D is going to be my first half marathon so I am pretty nervous. I just started training this month and will also be running the TOT 10 miler in October as practice before the 1/2 marathon. I started C25K and am planning to do the Jeff Galloway training program once I finish it. Any tips for a beginner runner would be greatly appreciated!

...There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away...
2012-Art of Animation/Pop Century 2012- Pop Century 2012-Port Orleans Riverside 2011-Pop Century 2010-All Star Movies 2009-Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006-Caribbean Beach Resort 2001-Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Contemporary Resort 1996- Polynesian Resort 1993- Polynesian Resort 1991- Disney Inn
JustADreamAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #355
thetasigma1186
Earning My Ears

First Half!

Hello! I just found this site and I appreciate all the info!

I am new to running and this will be my first half marathon. I am running with a friend who moved to Florida last summer. He has ran a few full and halfs, so I am in good company!

If you all have good tips, I would greatly appreciate it. I will becoming in for the race on Friday and stay 8 days with the wife and kids. I figure enjoying the park AFTER I run is the way to go. Am I thinking correctly? Or do you think running the race last is the way to go? I am new, so I have no clue!!

I cannot wait to get to Disney!! It will be a great time! Put me on the list, please!

Thanks! ~Matt
thetasigma1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #356
sillylily
DIS Veteran

So, I got a little overexcited about my running this evening, and registered for a few upcoming races. A Shamrock 5K in March, a color run in April, a tough mudder in May, then a Terror Run (a night run half marathon STRAIGHT DOWN A MOUNTAIN to an abandoned mental institution) in July, and a half marathon in September. I did my longest run ever Monday, and I'm confident I can complete these races, but man maybe I bit off more than I could chew!

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #357
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetasigma1186 View Post
Hello! I just found this site and I appreciate all the info!

I am new to running and this will be my first half marathon. I am running with a friend who moved to Florida last summer. He has ran a few full and halfs, so I am in good company!

If you all have good tips, I would greatly appreciate it. I will becoming in for the race on Friday and stay 8 days with the wife and kids. I figure enjoying the park AFTER I run is the way to go. Am I thinking correctly? Or do you think running the race last is the way to go? I am new, so I have no clue!!

I cannot wait to get to Disney!! It will be a great time! Put me on the list, please!

Thanks! ~Matt
Your plan is pretty much the same as mine! And I intend to do an early CP breakfast with my DH and DDs, then send them on to the parks without me that day. I'm going to be resting as much as possible. And then we'll be hitting the after party. If I've got anything left after the half, I'll be living it up!

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #358
zgirls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylily
So, I got a little overexcited about my running this evening, and registered for a few upcoming races. A Shamrock 5K in March, a color run in April, a tough mudder in May, then a Terror Run (a night run half marathon STRAIGHT DOWN A MOUNTAIN to an abandoned mental institution) in July, and a half marathon in September. I did my longest run ever Monday, and I'm confident I can complete these races, but man maybe I bit off more than I could chew!
Your plan looks great. Best way to stay motivated for training runs is to have races set - built in goals. I am still trying to find a fun race to do in July. I have ever other month filled with a run, tri or open water swim.

SSR Nov'07, Dec '08, Dec'09, July '10, Jan. '11, Dec'11, Nov'13, May '14, Aug'14

Wine & Dine 2013
TinkerBell Half 2013
Flower & Garden 2009, 2014
Marathon Weekend 2011
zgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #359
the antifanatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustADreamAway View Post
Count me in! W&D is going to be my first half marathon so I am pretty nervous. I just started training this month and will also be running the TOT 10 miler in October as practice before the 1/2 marathon. I started C25K and am planning to do the Jeff Galloway training program once I finish it. Any tips for a beginner runner would be greatly appreciated!
Good luck to you-be sure to do a least a 10k prior to the race. where in nj are you. I am in Manville!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #360
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Never mind found the list. All right guys I need a hand here. Which resort is both the smallest and the cheapest (not including All-Stars in this)?

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head

Last edited by StarGirl11; 02-24-2013 at 12:52 PM.
StarGirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: