Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #271
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990

The worst part about starting back up for me is always that my head and heart are totally in the game but my lungs and legs go- "hold on a minute! We're not with you yet!" it's tough but it isn't too bad for too long.
Haha, I agree! My legs and lungs are always the last to get the memo

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #272
zgirls
Mouseketeer

ran a SuperBowl 10K on sunday on snow covered roads, so not fun, but I did catch up with an old friend.

DW and I will be doing the Jingle 5K in addition to my half mary.

Prices, ouch, , but I am paying because I love the mouse.

Already booked at SSR, thursday through tuesday.

Can't wait to get my C2C.

SSR Nov'07, Dec '08, Dec'09, July '10, Jan. '11, Dec'11, Nov'13, May '14, Aug'14

Wine & Dine 2013
Flower & Garden 2009, 2014
Marathon Weekend 2011
zgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #273
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
So what does this mean? They run transport from these resorts only? And is that to race & to packet pickup? Are there other things that go on at 'host' resorts?
Host resorts are the only resorts that will provide transportation to/from the events for the weekend, the expo, the 5K, the half, the after party.

They have a separate bus stop for event buses and they are usually not standard Disney buses, they are chartered through Mears (more of a Magical Express style touring bus than a city transport bus).

If you book though runDisney for a runner's package it will be at a host resort. (Rarely a good deal even versus rack rate.)

Don't be surprised if the cast members at the resort know very little about what is going on, except that there is a race that weekend.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #274
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

Do you have to stay at a host resort to use the transportation? For example if I stayed at the Swan and the BW was a host resort, could I walk over and use the trasnportation from the BW?

CamColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #275
bungchiwow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamColt View Post
Do you have to stay at a host resort to use the transportation? For example if I stayed at the Swan and the BW was a host resort, could I walk over and use the trasnportation from the BW?
Nope, they don't check anything to get on the bus...

Now I'm kind of second guessing even doing this race...I've been eyeing the Space Coast Half Marathon for some time now. It's December 1st and less than half the cost of W&D. And they just started the Big Bang series where you get a separate special medal for completing either 3 and/or 5 races within the next 5 years. Hmm.
bungchiwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #276
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamColt View Post
People do that quite often. Officially, no. But they don't stop and ask you for resort ID.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #277
Haas4Concern
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungchiwow

Nope, they don't check anything to get on the bus...

Now I'm kind of second guessing even doing this race...I've been eyeing the Space Coast Half Marathon for some time now. It's December 1st and less than half the cost of W&D. And they just started the Big Bang series where you get a separate special medal for completing either 3 and/or 5 races within the next 5 years. Hmm.
That sounds interesting. I might have to look into the space coast race now.

2007 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2012 WDW Marathon Relay, 2012 Inaugural Canton 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Ohio 2 Warrior Dash, 2012 Air Force Half Marathon, 2012 Wine & Dine, 2013 Goofy Challenge,Dumbo Double Dare 2013,Dopey Challenge 2014
Haas4Concern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #278
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

Thanks for the info!

CamColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #279
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtony777 View Post
Host resorts are up on the website.

Value - All Star resorts
Moderate - Caribbean Beach
Deluxe - Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom, Beach Club and Boardwalk

I know last year they added a couple after the initial listing. But I think they started with a few less resorts with the first listing last year.
A few pithy words come to mind, but I'll keep themto myself. Blarg.

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #280
tiffrobyn
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming swimming swimming swimming.

Quote:
Host resorts are up on the website.

Value - All Star resorts
Moderate - Caribbean Beach
Deluxe - Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom, Beach Club and Boardwalk

I know last year they added a couple after the initial listing. But I think they started with a few less resorts with the first listing last year.
I'm not convinced these are necessarily the 2013 resorts. The travel page still says "Travel Packages for Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

November 9 - 10, 2012".

I'd believe it if they were the same, just saying that's not an official announcement.
tiffrobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #281
bigtony777
Disney Veteran

You are right. The 2013 race info is linking to the 2012 travel info. So they may be different. I believe the All-Star Resorts have been host resorts every year along with Beach and Boardwalk.

Upcoming: 11/14 - BWV (W&D 1/2), 12/14 - AKV

2014: July - BWV, Mar - BLT, Jan - VGC
2013: Dec - AS Sports/BWV , Nov - BWV(W&D 1/2), June - BWV/BCV, ), Mar - BLT/Fantasy Western Caribbean, Jan - BWV (Goofy)
2012: Nov - BWV (W&D 1/2), Aug - Offsite (Disneyland 1/2), June - BCV/WLV, Mar - AKV
2011: Dec - Pop/AS Movies, Nov - Pop, Oct - Dream Bahamas Cruise, BCV (W&D 1/2), July - Pop, June - Offsite, April - Pop
2010: Oct – Wilderness Lodge, AS Music (W&D 1/2), July – Caribbean Beach, April - Pop
2009: Dec – Offsite, Nov - Caribbean Beach, Oct - Coronado Springs, April - Pop
2008: July - Offsite
bigtony777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #282
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
You are right. The 2013 race info is linking to the 2012 travel info. So they may be different. I believe the All-Star Resorts have been host resorts every year along with Beach and Boardwalk.
That is my recollection as well.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #283
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Do you have a runner to follow in the Princess next weekend?

I have two - a friend from high school is running her first half so I will be tracking her, as well as my son's Phys Ed teacher who is travelling from Nova Scotia to do the run. I figure it will get me in the runDisney spirit!

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #284
DCbride
DIS Veteran

Wow on the price increase! I know it is only $25 but still....

To kaf7878- I fully expected to spend the night with my friends enjoying Epcot, we even talked about taking the monorail back to MK which was also open until 3am to ride some rides. Our reality- we walked to Soarin (stretched a few times on the way) looked at each other and hobbled to the bus. I am impressed with anyone who is able to actually make it around the countries! But then again, it was the first half for us.

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop/Omni, Omni, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #285
MikeofRose&Mike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Don't be surprised if the cast members at the resort know very little about what is going on, except that there is a race that weekend.
I think the last part should be "...if they know there is a race that weekend."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCbride View Post
To kaf7878- I fully expected to spend the night with my friends enjoying Epcot, we even talked about taking the monorail back to MK which was also open until 3am to ride some rides. Our reality- we walked to Soarin (stretched a few times on the way) looked at each other and hobbled to the bus. I am impressed with anyone who is able to actually make it around the countries! But then again, it was the first half for us.
With 3 W&Ds under our belt it gets easier to enjoy the party.

MikeofRose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: