Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #211
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the explanation about race registration differences in CA vs. FL. I felt like last year when we ran ToT there were still a limited number of W&D spots left. (Though I may be thinking of Princess slots.) I wouldn't wait that long to sign up, of course, was just concerned that Disney race entries were getting super competitive.
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #212
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

I couldn't remember, so I looked at the 2012 thread and it looks like the race sold out in July last year.

Hard to say what will happen this year. Disney races definitely now seem to have a 'frenziness' attached to them.

Here's the page from last year in case you are interested:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...t#post45661107
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #213
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonersky View Post
Sounds cool! Good idea with the saying on back too!
The front says "No wining...at least until you cross the finish line." And the back says "Just hand over the wine and no one will get hurt." Then I added in smaller print, "Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013". I did the costume thing last year and that was fun, but I'm not that creative and this way I have a lot less to stress about while still sticking with the Disney/Wine and Dine/Race themes. Some of the costumes last year were just so GREAT!! How Cruella managed to run with that wig on her head is beyond me!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #214
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="PlutoBaby"]

The front says "No wining...at least until you cross the finish line." And the back says "Just hand over the wine and no one will get hurt." Then I added in smaller print, "Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013". I did the costume thing last year and that was fun, but I'm not that creative and this way I have a lot less to stress about while still sticking with the Disney/Wine and Dine/Race themes. /QUOTE]

Sounds incredibly creative to me!!!

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #215
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
The front says "No wining...at least until you cross the finish line." And the back says "Just hand over the wine and no one will get hurt." Then I added in smaller print, "Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013". I did the costume thing last year and that was fun, but I'm not that creative and this way I have a lot less to stress about while still sticking with the Disney/Wine and Dine/Race themes. Some of the costumes last year were just so GREAT!! How Cruella managed to run with that wig on her head is beyond me!
I love this!!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #216
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative8 View Post
I love this!!
Go to Zazzle.com and you can design anything. It can be a little pricey, but not too bad considering I'm only ordering only one shirt. The only down side is they don't use "tech" material, only cotton blends. So I'll just wear a tech shirt under it. And contrary to many of my northern neighbors, anything below 80 is cold for me for layers are good!

I also used them to design my wedding invites, reply cards, and thank you cards, and they came out awesome!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #217
fozziepitysthefool
Mouseketeer

Finish Line Party

So what happens at the FLP? Is there food and drink for purchase or is some of it included? I couldn't tell from the registration if there is an additional fee for the FLP (like the breakfast for the Princess...)
fozziepitysthefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #218
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozziepitysthefool
So what happens at the FLP? Is there food and drink for purchase or is some of it included? I couldn't tell from the registration if there is an additional fee for the FLP (like the breakfast for the Princess...)
From what I have read, runners get admission to the finish line party with their race registration, along with a drink near the finish line and some small tidbit of food perhaps? Then you can sample the drinks and food at the party, but have to pay for your selections just as if you were there during regular park hours.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #219
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozziepitysthefool View Post
A domestic canned beer or prepackaged sangria (it was a little scary) at the finish. I think there was pop too. $10 gift card to spend in epcot on food or drinks.

Food at the finish was (if I remember correctly) a banana and the box of food they have been giving out since Princess 2012. I actually really like it cause they have some g-f stuff in there. There was also powerade and water.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #220
fozziepitysthefool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
A domestic canned beer or prepackaged sangria (it was a little scary) at the finish. I think there was pop too. $10 gift card to spend in epcot on food or drinks.

Food at the finish was (if I remember correctly) a banana and the box of food they have been giving out since Princess 2012. I actually really like it cause they have some g-f stuff in there. There was also powerade and water.
Ok, great, thanks so much for the info!
fozziepitysthefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 AM   #221
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Go to Zazzle.com and you can design anything. It can be a little pricey, but not too bad considering I'm only ordering only one shirt. The only down side is they don't use "tech" material, only cotton blends. So I'll just wear a tech shirt under it. And contrary to many of my northern neighbors, anything below 80 is cold for me for layers are good!

I also used them to design my wedding invites, reply cards, and thank you cards, and they came out awesome!
I'm definitely going to check it out!! Thank you!

I live in Tampa, and RARELY run in tech material for my shirts, I usually go with cotton tanks. It takes a bit for me to work up a sweat, I think living in FL almost all of my life has made my heat tolerance a bit higher than most!

Off to check out Zazzle!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #222
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozziepitysthefool View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post

I agree the sangria was a little odd, but I couldn't imagine a beer after the race. There was pop for minors and adults who didn't want alcohol.

The $10 gift card can be spent on anything, it doesn't need to be at the after party. I use mine to buy a Food & Wine vinylmation.

I too am a fan of the goodie box they have been giving out. It offers a nice variety than a bagel, an orange and a banana. It also is nice to be able to carry it all easily.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #223
Steve's Girl
DIS Veteran

Planning to run the W & D 1/2 this year. DS who will turn 14 is August wants to run it with me.

Does anyone know which resorts are host resorts? I would like to get our resort reservations made soon.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #224
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve's Girl View Post
Planning to run the W & D 1/2 this year. DS who will turn 14 is August wants to run it with me.

Does anyone know which resorts are host resorts? I would like to get our resort reservations made soon.

Thanks
Most likely won't have anything official until they open registration.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #225
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Add me to the list. You can add +1 to me if you want, as I'll be running with either my sister, or DH or both! So excited!

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: