Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #181
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snelldog
Quick poll: would you elect to buy a dining plan for 2 adults and a 10 year old?? I cannot figure if its a better deal or not... Thanks for your response!
We always get dining plan. Went once without it and spent just as much (or more I think!) on food anyway.

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #182
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binab
I've always wanted to run Disney, so I'm excited at learning this is going on while we'll be there in November. Has anyone used the in room babysitting service so you could participate? I'm more of a walker, so I'd need care until the wee hours of the morning...
My good friend has used it many times and it has worked very well for them.

March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #183
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonersky View Post
First Post is Up-to-date! We are a growing group!!! Let me know if I missed you or put you in the wrong place!

Please also add me to the 5K list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirls View Post
Anyone doing 5K and Half? My wife might want to do the 5K and wants me to join her. Anyone ever do this on same say?
I have done the 5K with the previous Wine & Dine ½'s. It makes for a long day, but it is certainly doable. I am however, addicted to race bling. So I would do it just for the medallion. (Hence the Alice 5K & Dumbo Double Dare in Disneyland).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snelldog View Post
Quick poll: would you elect to buy a dining plan for 2 adults and a 10 year old?? I cannot figure if its a better deal or not... Thanks for your response!
Aside for cost, also figure in timing. I have found it sometimes a challenge to schedule meals for the weekend, at least regarding the best use of dining credits.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #184
binab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My good friend has used it many times and it has worked very well for them.
Thanks! In this case, I am definitely in. I have done a couple of 3-day 60 mile events. Most of my training walks for that are 9-10 miles, so I'm confident I can do the half. We're not allowed to run at all during the 3day, but I am going to start working on my endurance and run part of this.

...marking my calendar now for March 12! Can't wait!
Mar. 2012 - HarryPotterWorld followed by the DCL Dream (10th cruise, but first time on DCL)
Nov. 2010 - POP
Aug. 2009 - BCV
1987 - Offsite
and Disneyland too many times to count.
binab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #185
your friend
Mouseketeer

Question for race veterans. Can my family watch me finish if they don't buy party tickets?

Trips
Pop Century: Nov. 2011
Boardwalk Inn: Nov. 2013
your friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #186
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snelldog View Post
We did the dining plan once and were not happy with it. We had the one that was 1 quick service, 1 sit-down, and 1 snack. We were still trying to use up snack credits on the last day and I felt gross trying to "get my money's worth" out of each meal. We just aren't dessert people nor do we enjoy getting a sugary beverage with each meal so it didn't make sense for us financially. (Also, I always get the chicken on a menu so we simply couldn't come out ahead.) When I added everything up we didn't save using the meal plan. I think the only way we'd do it again was if we were planning a character meal each day. Then it might be worth it for our family. (Though I'd feel gross eating buffet food for an entire vacation as well.)

Bottom line, I think the meal plan was once a value but isn't any longer. I'd much rather pack healthy snacks from home and eat light in the parks, including one or two special meals than be restricted by the meal plan parameters ever again.
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #187
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by your friend View Post
Question for race veterans. Can my family watch me finish if they don't buy party tickets?
If they keep the same route as last year, the finish is actually out in the parking lot in front of Epcot. They would only need tickets if you all wanted to attend the after party together.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #188
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal

Bottom line, I think the meal plan was once a value but isn't any longer. I'd much rather pack healthy snacks from home and eat light in the parks, including one or two special meals than be restricted by the meal plan parameters ever again.
I agree with your comments! We always do a couple of character dinners and others where we would spend more than what our DDP cost for the day. We use our snack credits without issue, but we get water or dole whips or lemonades or other treats! ;-)

I wondered about the value for a race weekend but I suspect we will use two credits for a dinner at Be Our Guest, and will use the other nights. Not sure about quick service, but was going to do some menu researching. ;-) We were always able to get bottled water with our quick service meals, has that changed?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #189
the antifanatic
Earning My Ears

Add me to the list-can't wait for November!
the antifanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:01 AM   #190
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the antifanatic
Add me to the list-can't wait for November!
You are hidden in there at number 56! Lol!

Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #191
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
We were always able to get bottled water with our quick service meals, has that changed?
You should still be able to get bottled water with your QS meal.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #192
satman1962
Mouseketeer

Well I'm in! This will be my third Wine and Dine, and the second leg of my first C2C try. Looking forward to it!
Oct 2001 Polynesian/Apr 2003 Boardwalk/Apr 2005 Boardwalk/Aug 2006 Saratoga Springs/Jan 2007 Beachclub/May 2007 Saratoga Springs/Aug 2007 Boardwalk/Dec 2007 Saratoga Springs/May 2008 Old Key West/Aug 2008 Beachclub/Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs/May 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Jan 2010 Beachclub (Half Marathon!)/May 2010 Beachclub/Oct 2010 Beachclub (Wine and Dine Run!)/Jan 2011 Saratoga Springs (Half Marathon!)/May 2011 Boardwalk/Oct 2011 Beachclub (Wine and Dine Run!)/Aug 2012 Saratoga Springs/Sept 2012 Beachclub (Tower of Terror Run!)March 2013 Saratoga Springs/April 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge/May 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Nov 2013 Beachclub (Wine and Dine Run!)/Jan 2014 Port Orleans (First FULL Marathon!)/Jan 2014 Saratoga Springs/May 2014 Saratoga Springs/June 2014 Old Key West/Oct 2014 Animal Kingdom
satman1962 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #193
your friend
Mouseketeer

Count me in. This will be my first.

Trips
Pop Century: Nov. 2011
Boardwalk Inn: Nov. 2013
your friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #194
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Since I have absolutely NO patience , and can't wait for race weekend to get here, I decided to go online and design a shirt for this year's race. Can you say hyper much??!!??

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #195
capeseal
DIS Veteran

It is looking more likely that we will be doing the race! We were able to get a refund on our Southwest tickets for a trip we can no longer take do to DH's coming deployment. Since they were only going to refund DH's ticket (they were bought using a credit from another trip that the military forced us to postpone and we weren't able to extend the credits any longer), I wasn't sure how we would afford the trip in November but now with the refund we are all set for airfare. I really really hope we can make the trip happen so that we can run in November!
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: