Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #136
Fruto76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
That's fun! It's my birthday weekend too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
We have quite the Scorpio club for this race! I share my b-day with (11-18)
Wow.. there are a few of us Scorpios, huh. I couldn't think of any better way to celebrate a birthday than at WDW.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #137
bungchiwow
Earning My Ears

Ugh I wish Disney would update all of the information at once, instead of just bits and pieces. It bugs me. lol It says "Registration is open..." and right below that "Registration opens March 12..."

I wonder how much the price increase will be this year...
bungchiwow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #138
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungchiwow View Post
Ugh I wish Disney would update all of the information at once, instead of just bits and pieces. It bugs me. lol It says "Registration is open..." and right below that "Registration opens March 12..."

I wonder how much the price increase will be this year...
My guess: opening price, $190.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #139
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the antifanatic View Post
Running the half solo, but will be doing the 5k w/ 2 friends who are not quite ready for the big race yet!
I ran it solo last year as the DH came down with a last minute cold and had to bail at the last minute . The only time I hated was waiting in the last corral waiting for the start. It seemed like EVERYONE was running with someone and I felt SO lonely . So you can bet this year, if I see someone with that lost look on their face, I will DEFINITELY strike up a conversation ! Of course, with all the W.I.S.H.'ers, I doubt anyone will have to worry about that !

The race itself was fun, except for the crowded sections through AK, but all the volunteers and characters did a great job to keep things lively!

One suggestions for this year's W.I.S.H. meetup - as far away from the stage as possible. I couldn't hear a thing anybody was saying !!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #140
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

I'm subscribing! I'm really hoping to run this for 2013. I'll make my decision in May or June ( if registration is still open ). Last year my only race was a 5k in September . So I need to see if I'm ready for a half, what's another 10 miles lol!
pix13dust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #141
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
I ran it solo last year as the DH came down with a last minute cold and had to bail at the last minute . The only time I hated was waiting in the last corral waiting for the start. It seemed like EVERYONE was running with someone and I felt SO lonely . So you can bet this year, if I see someone with that lost look on their face, I will DEFINITELY strike up a conversation ! Of course, with all the W.I.S.H.'ers, I doubt anyone will have to worry about that !

The race itself was fun, except for the crowded sections through AK, but all the volunteers and characters did a great job to keep things lively!

One suggestions for this year's W.I.S.H. meetup - as far away from the stage as possible. I couldn't hear a thing anybody was saying !!
I was lonely too! I ran ToT last year and my DH and I were in coral B (though he qualified for A he was nice enough to wait with me.) Then he ran the first mile with me before taking off so I had nine lonely miles. I felt too shy to start a conversation with one of the people that I found myself running near and it seemed like everyone else was running in a pair or in groups and I was on my own. I am hoping that if I do Wine & Dine I can run with a friend because 13+ miles alone seems like it would be pretty boring.
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #142
smileyk8
DIS Veteran

I can definitely say that WISHers will chat to you! I almost ran the whole marathon in 2010 with another WISHer (optimator/mike) after I had started the run alone. It was brilliant and made the run sooooo much easier. Perhaps we could have pace groups to try to gather some support? I'm a little shy so wouldn't necessarily strike up a chat with someone, but was thrilled that others did
Boston Marathon 2009 4hrs 22minsPrincess half marathon 2009 1hour 56mins, 57secs Walt Disney World Marathon 2010 4hrs 7minsRoyal parks half 2010 1:52:19WDW Wine and Dine 2013 1:50:16
smileyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #143
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

I'll be running alone! Just yell my user name and I'll say hi! Haha
Old 01-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #144
zgirls
Mouseketeer

Great idea for the pace groups, it would be fun to run with somebody. I run all my events alone, DW will be there for the parks days before an after and of course the after party. She just started running so maybe a 5k with her.
I will come up with an outfit, just ran Tink with red wings and a shirt honoring Mom in heaven as my angel.

SSR Nov'07, Dec '08, Dec'09, July '10, Jan. '11, Dec'11, Nov'13, May '14, Aug'14

Wine & Dine 2013
Flower & Garden 2009, 2014
Marathon Weekend 2011
zgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #145
the antifanatic
Earning My Ears

add me to the list!
the antifanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #146
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

My husband and I will be running Wine & Dine in 2013! Just booked our room at SSR.

W&D '12 was our first half, we ran Tink '13 last week and this will be our C2C! We're also planning to run the Castaway Cay 5K in May and a local 10K in September.

My husband is a much faster runner than I am, so I was running alone last year. We walked the Tink together and I ended up taking about 17 minutes off my time from W&D '12. Looking forward to seeing how I improve at the end of the year!

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #147
lerxst
Marathoner

For those concerned about running alone, do not fear. I ran W&D last year and Marathon couple weeks ago solo. So many people to chill and hang out with.

Every one I met were super friendly and conversations with complete strangers popped up effortlessly. Before and After races are a lot of fun. During run, I just focused on what I had to do, and still struck up tons of conversations during both events.

If you have never done it before, you would be surprised how chatty fellow runners can be.

Disney 2012 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- Done!
Disney 2013 20th Anniversary Marathon -- Done!
2013 Gate River Run 15k -- March 9, 2013
Disney 2013 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- waiting reg
Disney 2014 Goofy and 1/2 Challenge -- waiting reg
lerxst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #148
smileyk8
DIS Veteran

They've finally updated the date on rundisney. 8-9th November wine and dine wknd. They haven't changed any other info though... Ah it's really happening
Boston Marathon 2009 4hrs 22minsPrincess half marathon 2009 1hour 56mins, 57secs Walt Disney World Marathon 2010 4hrs 7minsRoyal parks half 2010 1:52:19WDW Wine and Dine 2013 1:50:16
smileyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #149
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst
For those concerned about running alone, do not fear. I ran W&D last year and Marathon couple weeks ago solo. So many people to chill and hang out with.

Every one I met were super friendly and conversations with complete strangers popped up effortlessly. Before and After races are a lot of fun. During run, I just focused on what I had to do, and still struck up tons of conversations during both events.

If you have never done it before, you would be surprised how chatty fellow runners can be.
I did a 10k on NYD and was surprised with how friendly the people were I was running with, especially being a Boston based runner I would ask a question, my friends wouldn't know, so someone next to me would answer. Also some people joked about cold, etc. it made me happy. I think runners so far are just friendly people haha.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #150
rebapple
Mouseketeer

What is the weather like usually for this race? Doing DDD and finishing up with w&d for c2c.
rebapple is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: