Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
mrslamb
Mouseketeer

Help! What is the best/cheapest way to make shirts?

We are doing a surprise trip to Disneyland in 4 weeks for my 2 year old and 6 year old daughters, and I really want shirts for them to wear one of the days in the park, I don't even really know WHAT, just something cute, maybe Christmasy, and Disney, maybe their names or something? The problem is, I have not a single crafty/creative bone in my body, I don't sew, I can barely iron. LOL!!!! So just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Should I just order some transfers off ebay or something? Or is there a way to make them at home myself? Anyone have any suggestions for what might be cute?

Thanks!!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslamb
We are doing a surprise trip to Disneyland in 4 weeks for my 2 year old and 6 year old daughters, and I really want shirts for them to wear one of the days in the park, I don't even really know WHAT, just something cute, maybe Christmasy, and Disney, maybe their names or something? The problem is, I have not a single crafty/creative bone in my body, I don't sew, I can barely iron. LOL!!!! So just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Should I just order some transfers off ebay or something? Or is there a way to make them at home myself? Anyone have any suggestions for what might be cute?

Thanks!!
Check out cafe press. I ordered shirts from them a couple f times without complaint.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
Reddy
Scrapbooker

I"m making shirts with the "Freezer paper" method
if you have a die cutting machine (cricut)
cut out what you want then use the outside area & iron onto your shirt
then use frabic paint to paint the design

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r50bzm2C1UY
that is one that shows how to do it without a cricut
Old 11-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

I've used cafe press from here (not for Disney) and the service was excellent. Or you can buy transfer paper, make up a design using a graphic package (I use Powerpoint - it does the job!) and add a suitable picture off teh internet (or scanned from a book) and the name/dates/message. Print it off, iron it onto a plain T-shirt and there you are! Check out the "Creative DISigns" forum. for ideas - and someone may be able to help you put it together
ETA you can buy a cheap, plain T-shirt or even use a plain one you have already! Also works for backpacks etc.
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

I had great success with freezer paper cut in shape I wanted, adhered to tshirt with an iron & spray bleach the freezer paper. Use 2 parts water to 1 part bleach, let react for a few minutes, you will see color change, rinse with water, then wash & dry. I did 4 shirts in under 20 minutes, excluding launder.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #6
crazydaisy00
Mouseketeer

Go to the Creative DISigns forum from the disboards main page and check out the designers work. I love Milliepie's designs. You can go under her Thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2897587 blue mickey head for 4 shared files or pink mickey head Photobucket files (password is listed above the mickey) click on them and look thru her files. Its detailed so you can post on her thread a request for a design. Either purchase transfer paper ( I buy at Sams club or walmart) or amymickey online she also posts on threads sells transfer paper. You can buy plain t shirts from Target or Walmart and Baloo's read design tips on http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=892906 to iron on transfer paper you print out. I make our shirts for trips and also for birthdays, Christmas for us to wear or presents. There are a lot of great designers on here who are glad to help personalize!
crazydaisy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

I made "bleach" shirts. Fun, easy, and the kids loved them!

I cut out a Mickey head from cardboard. Laid the shirts out flat outside with wax paper between so the bleach didn't bleed through. Placed the cut-out on the chest area and misted with 50/50 bleach/water.

http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/20...l#comment-form

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: