Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #46
happymommy
DIS Veteran

I used them in 2011, and they were great! We went to Orlando and enjoyed Seaworld, got free preferred parking, huge discount on Discovery Cove, then two times Busch Gardens and Water Country in Williamsburg as well. It's a great deal! Thinking about buying them again this year, since we're going to Williamsburg now in August with a friend.

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
happymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #47
mblokland
Earning My Ears

Nice offer for visiting DC

With the super grover pass you have the chance to visit Discovery cove in January, May or November for $169. Normal price for May is $259, also offers without Dolphin Swim.
mblokland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #48
AlliF75
Earning My Ears

We purchased our SG passes in August 12 when visiting Sesame Place. We took advantage of the next year free deal. So we purchased 2013 passes in 2012 but could use them both years. It has been fantastic!
AlliF75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #49
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

If I buy the Super Grover passes before the discount ends, can I activate them after the discount ends? I most likely can activate them at Sesame Place, though my kids may give me the ugh. Also, if I can't get DH with me, can I still activate his?

Thanks, we will definitely be taking advantage of it this year.
Lynne G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #50
ncfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G View Post
If I buy the Super Grover passes before the discount ends, can I activate them after the discount ends? I most likely can activate them at Sesame Place, though my kids may give me the ugh. Also, if I can't get DH with me, can I still activate his?

Thanks, we will definitely be taking advantage of it this year.
Yes you can activate them later but unless things have changed they are good for 2013 only so delaying activation doesn't buy you more time. As for activating someone's who's not with you it probably just depends on the person at guest services. Some will ask where everyone is, others will just activate them. Of course you can activate SG passes at any seaworld park so I'm not sure why it matters.
ncfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:28 AM   #51
acewashere
Earning My Ears

I wish I knew of this pass before I switched over my Driver License to Florida. I thought maybe I could use a loophole and ship them to my parents house. Would love the option of having season pass to Aquatica and Seaworld since I already go there, but would of loved to have a reason to goto tempa bay for bush gardens and adventure island.

So is there a Florida Resident type deal like this?

Going to Disney at the end of the year. Plan on getting the Sea World Fun Card again and re-visiting Universal later week. So outside of those three, anyway of joining them to visit other parks in a joint seasonal pass?
acewashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #52
kkmcan
Official Mouse Fan

Question: so if I buy one of these Super grover passes does that give you discounts to DC for all family members?

Disneyland 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007
DCL 4 night Nov. 2006 + WDW Nov. 2006
We got DL AP's!! Trips: 6/08, 10/08, 1/09, 3/09
DL + Trick or Treat Party 10/09
DCL 3 night + WDW Free Dining Dec 16-25 2009 Disneyland 6/2010 Using our GAD Vouchers!
DCL LA 2 day cruise to no where 1/2011
DCL 7 Night Mexican Riviera KSF 3/20/2011
DL AP's Trips:10/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012, 10/2012
WDW, Discovery Cove, Aquatica 05/2013
Aulani Hawaii 03/2014
kkmcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #53
rstout01
Mouseketeer

Sea World Orlando offers a pass that offers access to:

SeaWorld Orlando + Aquatica + Busch Gardens - $229 pp

Or the Platinum pass for all 9 parks is $329 pp/year

You can get the Platinum pass for $499 for 2 years through Busch Gardens Tampa

The two year Platinum pass through Busch Gardens Williamsburg is $360.00 - I am not sure if there are state restrictions. They also let you pay on a monthly basis.

You do get discounts to Discovery Cove with the passes, but it looks like only during certain dates in 2013...e.g. I found this on the Sea World passport member page:

Pass Member Appreciation Days at Discovery Cove during 2013!

$169: Dolphin Swim Day Resort Package
$99: Day Resort Package
$39: SeaVenture Experience

SeaVenture:

The Grand Reef's innovative experience, SeaVenture*, is an underwater walking tour where, while wearing a dive helmet, you’ll feel right at home under the sea. Find up-close excitement around every corner, each step yielding a new discovery. SCUBA certification is not required.
*Medical and age restrictions apply

Your Dolphin Swim Day Resort Package includes: •A reserved 30-minute dolphin interaction*
•Snorkeling with thousands of rays and tropical fish plus hand feeding exotic birds in a free-flight aviary.
•Encounters with playful otters and curious marmosets in Freshwater Oasis.
•Freshly prepared breakfast, lunch and unlimited snacks, drinks and select alcoholic beverages, lockers, sunscreen, snorkel gear, changing facilities plus all day self parking at Discovery Cove.
*Packages are available with and without the Dolphin Swim Experience.
Offer valid for active 1 Year, 2 Year SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, Aquatica, or Adventure Island Pass Members and Platinum Pass Members and up to 6 guests. Limited availability. Not valid with any other promotions or offers. Member must be present and show active membership card at time of check in to receive rate. Pricing is for one-day admission to Discovery Cove. Reservation does not include admission to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Aquatica. Not valid on previously booked reservations. Other restrictions may apply. Valid for reservations and visits January 1-31, May 1 -31 & November 1- 31, 2013 only.
rstout01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #54
Swintonowl
Earning My Ears

Buying a grover pass from the UK

I live in the UK and tried to purchase the super grover pass but the website will not let me. I can get a friend to purchase for me using their address and credit card, if they do this will I be able to pick up the pass?, what ID do I need to have? If I purchased one for my daughter (3 year old) would she also need ID?
Swintonowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #55
ncfamily
Earning My Ears

Children do not need ID. I'd imagine your passport would be sufficient for ID for yourself. I know folks who have had relatives buy their passes, shouldn't be any different for you.
ncfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #56
Totopez
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swintonowl View Post
I live in the UK and tried to purchase the super grover pass but the website will not let me. I can get a friend to purchase for me using their address and credit card, if they do this will I be able to pick up the pass?, what ID do I need to have? If I purchased one for my daughter (3 year old) would she also need ID?
I had the same problem, but there is actually nothing in the terms preventing foreign residents to buy these passes, so I e-mailed customer service and they processed it manually for me.
Totopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #57
Swintonowl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totopez

I had the same problem, but there is actually nothing in the terms preventing foreign residents to buy these passes, so I e-mailed customer service and they processed it manually for me.
I called and tried to purchase by they wouldn't let me so I ended up using a mail forwarding company reship and sent to a US address.
Swintonowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #58
tink20
DIS Veteran

What exactly do you get with the Super Grover Pass?

We want to go to SW, A & BG (FL) and DC first week of June. I looked on the Sesame site, it wasn't clear. Do you get free preferred parking at all these parks? What kind of food discounts? Can you use the food discount on All day dining?

Can I buy just one pass to use for the parking and discounts or do we all have to have the pass?

Thanks
Old 02-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #59
andrews_dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink20 View Post
What exactly do you get with the Super Grover Pass?

We want to go to SW, A & BG (FL) and DC first week of June. I looked on the Sesame site, it wasn't clear. Do you get free preferred parking at all these parks? What kind of food discounts? Can you use the food discount on All day dining?

Can I buy just one pass to use for the parking and discounts or do we all have to have the pass?

Thanks

The answer to all of your questions are in the first 4 pages of this thread...
andrews_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #60
tink20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews_dad View Post
The answer to all of your questions are in the first 4 pages of this thread...
Yea, I was just trying to make sure the parking was included, its not very clear on SS site. That is the main reason I would purchase. Thanks

(from their site)

2013 Super Grover Season Pass

Don't miss this limited time sale on Season Passes!
Purchase a 2013 Super Grover Season Pass at 20% off the regular price - Offer ends March 1st!

With a 2013 Super Grover Season Pass, enjoy unlimited admission to Sesame Place (thru 10/27/13), SeaWorld (FL, TX, CA), Busch Gardens (FL, VA), Aquatica (FL, TX), Water Country USA (VA) and Adventure Island (FL) parks during their regular 2013 operating seasons. Not valid for admission during A Very Furry Christmas at Sesame Place.

You will also receive the following benefits at Sesame Place during the regular 2013 season:
•FREE Preferred parking
•30% discount on food and merchandise
•30% discount on character dining experiences
•Preferred seating at select shows
•Ride Again privilege at select attractions
•Meet & Greet visits with Sesame Street Friends
•Discount admission for visiting friends and relatives and more!
Restrictions apply. Promotional offer not valid on Ezpay purchases. Offer valid 1/1/13-3/1/13 only. Not valid on past purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: