Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
jodeeb
Mouseketeer

Best Room Location at POP?

We are leaving friday for WDW. We decided on this only about a month ago and although I've tried to do my research I have totally neglected to look at the room location. We are not worried about the theme because we would enjoy just about any of them. I realize that requesting a room location does not guarentee it, but I would like to know if there is a choice.

Would love pros and cons for locations. We are probably not going to be spending a lot of time at the pool so being close to either the Bus Stop or QS would help us most. We will probably use the pool maybe once or twice.

Thank you for your help.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Kbendig
Mouseketeer

The first time we stayed in the 80's section, it was a quick run across the parking lot to the bus stop. I didn't think the walk was far at all, especially to the bus stop.

The second trip we stayed in the 50's facing the lake. I liked that location better, it was a much nicer walk to me. It was a bit farther from the bus stop but closer to the dining hall. Honestly, either location was maybe a 5 minute walk tops. I also found shortcuts to get where I had to go. There really is no bad location or one too very far. Because of the size of the resort we never paid for preferred, but IMO it's not much closer than where we were anyway.

DH
ME
DS5

Dude, Where's my Underwear TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014168

You only have 2 years to make ADR's, an October 2014 PTR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024844
Kbendig is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Our favorite section is the 70's section. It is conveniently located to everything in my opinion. And its quite too! 50's is a great location as well but b/c of the pool I find it to be a little more noiser.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
prekteacher
Mouseketeer

When we went in 2008 we stayed in the 50 part of pop .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: