Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

CRT Refund

Just a word of caution. I know this should go without saying, but still.....

We had a CRT ADR on the day we ended up getting into BOG. I made that ADR in the midst of all that madness on the day they were first released on 8/20. I honestly don't recall cancelling CRT, mostly because the phone lines were such a mess that day. And since I hadn't seen a refund come through, I assumed I just hadn't cancelled it yet. Today I called to cancel. The operator told me it had been cancelled on 8/20 but didn't say a word about the refund. I asked about it but she said she was sure they must have done it.

I just spent the last hour going over all my CC records since then and couldn't find it for anything. So I called back again and spoke with a new agent. She found that it had indeed been cancelled but the refund never released. Huh? Whatever. The refund is finally on its way now.

Just a word to the wise. Double check everything.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
baler31
DIS Veteran

Great reminder. I often gloss over all my charges at Disney and need to look more carefully.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

A similar thing happened to us!
We showed up for our ressie, and they told us we weren't on the list, and after giving them our ressie number, waiting a long time and trying 2 managers it was found in the "auto cancelled" file....
For what reason, no one could figure out since it was pre-paid.
Caused A LOT of panic and embarrassment....
We had to pay again because they said it had been cancelled and refunded to our card.
I looked all the way up to my 179 day mark to look for the refund on my card and it wasn't there.
I had to call Disney when we got home from our trip and they said they had no clue as to why it was cancelled in the first place nor why it was never refunded.

NicoleK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post
A similar thing happened to us!
We showed up for our ressie, and they told us we weren't on the list, and after giving them our ressie number, waiting a long time and trying 2 managers it was found in the "auto cancelled" file....
For what reason, no one could figure out since it was pre-paid.
Caused A LOT of panic and embarrassment....
We had to pay again because they said it had been cancelled and refunded to our card.
I looked all the way up to my 179 day mark to look for the refund on my card and it wasn't there.
I had to call Disney when we got home from our trip and they said they had no clue as to why it was cancelled in the first place nor why it was never refunded.
that's terrible.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Definitely pay attention. Last month we were on DDP and when booked ADR's they were done under it. I had linked my KTTW to my credit card to make things easier if we ran out of the cash we took for the day. Well long story short we ate at CRT for breakfast under the DDP. While at the airport the next day I was looking at my statement online and had a $179 charge from Disney and didn't know what it was for, especially since I did receive the invoice for the purchased that morning and that was not included. I called first thing the next morning and was advised that even though it was covered under the DDP they still charged it to my credit card. They did however apologize profusely and I had my refund in 3 days. I guess mistakes can happen and be rectified. It kind of makes me antsy to link my credit card again.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Definitely pay attention. Last month we were on DDP and when booked ADR's they were done under it. I had linked my KTTW to my credit card to make things easier if we ran out of the cash we took for the day. Well long story short we ate at CRT for breakfast under the DDP. While at the airport the next day I was looking at my statement online and had a $179 charge from Disney and didn't know what it was for, especially since I did receive the invoice for the purchased that morning and that was not included. I called first thing the next morning and was advised that even though it was covered under the DDP they still charged it to my credit card. They did however apologize profusely and I had my refund in 3 days. I guess mistakes can happen and be rectified. It kind of makes me antsy to link my credit card again.
Wow. This all makes me wonder just how often this kind of stuff happens! Yikes! I haven't linked a CC to my KTTW card in years, mostly since we started using the dining plan. For this very reason.

Just to update my original post........ I got my refund yesterday. At least after spending all that time going through my records it didn't take long for the refund to post.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: