Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Thank you for sharing your trip report again. Sounds like you are having a great time!
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #17
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Who would have thought they have a minimum height requirement to participate in the American Idol Experience? Well, Koala didn't meet the mark, so he'll have to continue to tour the karaoke circuit at home. Or, maybe we can find some stilts for him to use. Or a really tall hat.

To make him feel better we went to see Angela Landsbury.

The low cut neckline of her dress makes me a little uncomfortable.

Like my new bag? It's perfect for going incognito, but still being able to see all the good stuff.

Koala was feeling the holiday spirit.

Too bad they don't sell Bailey's Irish Creme pins...we would replace his Grape Soda pin with that for the holidays!

While Koala was looking for something festive to eat, I got to guest star with the Electric Mayhem.

We're getting ready for Christmas, but I'm a little concerned that this sleigh isn't big enough for Santa let alone all the things Koala has on his list. He's been a little naughty this year too, so I'm hoping Santa comes through for him.

On the way out I got a little too close to this deer...

I just wanted to put a wreath around his neck, but I guess he thought I was going for the jugular. Oops.

We were able to get FP for TSM for tonight so the plan is to do that after dark and knock out the Osborne Lights. Well, not knock them out, but see how we can engineer our own for home. I still have to get Koala over his aversion to climbing on the roof. Maybe Yak Trax for his boots would help.

Off to Wetzel's to share a pretzel for pre-dinner!
SSRmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #18
jstarcze
DIS Veteran

SSRmonkey I missed you at Hollywood Studios today! I was looking for you. Oh well my loss. I'm here until Friday so maybe we'll cross tracks yet (on the hunt for Saquatch?) I don't have any night vision goggles either BTW. If I don't see you have a great vacation. PS Koala and your Mom and Dad too.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #19
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

jstarcze--Sorry I missed you! I hope we run across each other. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one without night vision goggles. No luck yet on the Sasquatch, but I thought I was close tonight. I thought I saw one bent over looking for something on the ground--maybe his lost Mickey ears? Turns out it was just one of those big water hook up things. I thought it was unlike a Squatch to be that close to the road and so still. I'll keep looking though. Maybe on the walking path between SSR and THV.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #20
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

I am having a really hard time uploading pictures tonight, so I will work on it in the morning! Sweet dreams!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #21
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Pre-dinner at Wetzels was excellent as usual. There used to be a ton of birds around there all the time fluttering around and being annoying. The two times I was there this week I haven't seen any. I wonder if they installed one of those noise things that only birds can hear to scare them away. Or maybe the new "Welcome Home" sign across the lake made them realize they would be much happier at SSR.

Koala insisted that he wanted a cinnamon and sugar pretzel, but I told him his paws would get sticky. He didn't care, so that's what we got. Sure enough, not even 30 seconds after his last bite he was complaining about his sticky paws. Even after washing them, he had pieces of napkin stuck to them all night. It's really tough to get the sticky out of fur!!

We headed back to DHS to use our FP for TSM. Dad got his highest score ever and it turned out to be the highest score of the hour! 232,800!

After celebrating we went over to check out the Osbourne lights. We made it in time to see the first light up for the night.

I really wanted an egg roll, but I was out of luck.

Yep, that's Santa in a cop car. Maybe he had a Meatball night with the elves.

We decided it was time for HTT. Koala hates this ride, but will agree to ride it once a year. He actually liked it this time and decided he wanted to try RRC again and leave his eyes open the whole time. He hasn't done that in years! I don't know what's gotten in to Koala. Maybe he found some Bailey's after all!

I thought I found the Sasquatch, but turns out it was Chewbacca. The blue eyes were what really made me believe it was the Squatch.

Then he started to talk and I realized it was Chewy. Koala speaks Wookie very well so he was able to translate for me and get some Squatch hunting tips from Chewy. Apparently they are attracted to lightsabers and lemon snow cones. We'll see...

After Muppets, we decided to head over to DTD. It was a happenin' place tonight. We went straight to Paradisio 37 for some dinner, starting with Mac and Cheese bites and some ShockTop beer for me.

After dinner, we saw a lady that looked like just like Barbra Streisand, but she was with some guy who wasn't James Brolin, so I figured it wasn't her and didn't ask for her autograph. We also saw the guys from the Geico commercials playing guitar and banjo. Ok, it wasn’t really them, but it looked and sounded like them. Maybe it was the beer I drank.

I think the highlight of the evening was a slightly intoxicated elderly woman dancing the night away to a Maroon 5 cover band. Nothing like an Adam Lavine wannabe serenading this woman with "Makes Me Wonder".

Today we are off to Epcot to see Figment and Nemo and hopefully fit in a Soarin too.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #22
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

It was a great day to head to Epcot. The crowds were very low. First we went to Soarin to get FP and then headed over to Nemo and Figment. Koala begged us to let him go to Captain EO, but three outvoted one, so Koala had to settle for this Hooter instead of Captain EO's buddy...

Koala and Donald decided they should go get some margaritas, but Mom said it was too early. Koala insisted that it was 5:00 in Mexico, but I think he was a little off.

I was in the mood for some Kung Pow chicken, but I was vetoed on that too. Instead, I tried on a new hat. I like this one, it has a braid in the back and makes me feel better about my receding hairline. Maybe if I ever catch up with the Squatch he would donate some hair for me. There's got to be a Bosley hair transplant place around here somewhere.

Off to Japan for some Koi fishing. I brought my mini fishing rod, but was kicked off the dock before I could even get the bait on the hook. Koala created a diversion by running in front of the Segways that were on the tour of the World Showcase. He pretended he got stung by a bee and was going into shock. I snuck back to one of the other bridges and Koala had a miraculous recovery. I didn't have any luck with the Koi, though. Apparently Finding Nemo fruit snacks do not appeal to Koi fish.

These were from after "the diversion".

It's time to do some laundry. After that I think we'll probably eat dinner off property and head to Orange World to take some fruit home with us. MK is open until 1am, so I think it may be a late night tonight!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #23
disney212
DIS Veteran

Love your TR! You always have such great pictures in your reports. WeI will be there in 31 days, we can't wait.
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #24
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

We had a change of plans today. After spending some time at the pool (which was still a little cold), we looked at the weather forecast. It turned out that it was going to be a perfect night for the Squatch hunt. So we scoped out some areas that we thought the Sasquatch might be hiding.

Along the way we found some discarded Squatch food. Either that or some really tiny Squatch scat.

We found a nice Squatch back scratcher or as Koala called it, the Squatch Scratch.

If I were a Sasquatch I think I would hide out near this bridge and vegetation. There's a lot of coverage there during the day and a little water under the bridge. You wouldn't have to leave all day!

I think this might be a Squatch print...It looks like he might be wearing Timberlands.

This is to Sasquatch what Charmin Ultra is to humans...

Mom and Dad decided to do some shopping tonight, so once it got dark, Koala and I set out for our hunt. I know, these glasses make us look like the Blues Brothers, but it was as close as we could come to night vision goggles.

And we're off...beware these pictures are a little grainy.

We decided that our "night vision goggles" were (surprisingly) having the opposite effect and we couldn't see anything. So we ditched them and moved on.

We tried to blend in to the scenery...

We snuck over to the bridge and waited...

I tried my Squatch call and I swear I heard something answer me. We disguised ourselves. I think Koala did a better job.

After a good three hours of hunting we thought we better get back. Besides, Koala was getting hungry and if anyone recalls, he gets a little like betty White in those Snickers commercials.

One last check...

We may have to go back to Bass Pro Shops for some camouflage and a camelback so Koala doesn't whine about being thirsty. Or we could just get one of these...

It would be very easy to hide under our cammo.

Tomorrow we aren't sure what we will do in the morning, but we are going to MVMCP tomorrow night! Between the excitement of the hunt tonight and the anticipation for tomorrow I hope I can sleep!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:42 AM   #25
Cee
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, you guys are hilarious!
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #26
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Good efforts on the Squatch hunt! Too bad you didn't find anything. I hope you have a great time at the party tonight. Do you have festive outfits to wear?

By the way, Murder She Wrote just finished up. I thought of you when flipping channels.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #27
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately I left my "I Ate Santa's Cookies" shirt at home. A gross oversight on my part, but I'm sure I'll find something suitable for Santa Mickey.

Today we went to Orange World so we could bring home some oranges and grapefruit and then experienced the Kissimmee police at their finest as they arrested someone outside the Nike Outlet store. I'm not sure if he stole stuff from Nike or made off with some french fries from Wendys next door.

We were hungry and decided to head to EoS. When we got there, though, the line was huge so we went to Captain Jack's instead. Dad got an open faced chicken parmesean sandwich and Koala and I split a Fuzzy Captain. It was delicious, but I have to make sure I don't drive on the Tomorrowland Speedway for a couple hours.

If you can believe it, Mom and Dad left Koala and I at the room and went to Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf at Crossroads. How rude! They were probably afraid we would try to throw golf balls onto I-4. Maybe a smart move on their part. They said it was awesome and Dad got a hole in one on the secret hole of the day and won a free game. Maybe when they go back to redeem it, they will take us with them.

Time to get ready for MVMCP! I can't wait. I'll take lots of pictures and drink lots of hot cocoa!!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #28
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Sitting in the snow on Main Street. It doesn't taste like the snow at home. At least it's not yellow.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #29
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Just got back from the MVMCP. I have over 300 pictures to sort through and will post the good ones tomorrow. Preview: I have proof that Duffy hates me. Dad and I got on the big screen. And there were real live Gypsies there tonight.

I have sugarplums dancing in my head. I hope they don't keep me up! Good night!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #30
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

MVMCP was awesome!!! We arrived early, around 6 or so. Since the festivities hadn't started yet, we decided to head to Pirates first. Koala is disappointed that they took out the Dead Men Tell No Tales part, but I really like the mermaids. Koala narrated over top of the mermaids singing, though, and repeated the Dead Men Telll No Tales line at least 8 times before the plunge into the pirate battle.

Up next was BTMRR. It said it was a 30 minute wait, but we pretty much walked right on. It was excellent as usual and I'm glad they have the possums hanging from the trees again.

Then we headed to Haunted Mansion. By the time we were done there, it was cookies and hot chocolate time!!

Since I left my Christmas shirt at home I thought I at least better wear my light up Sorcerer Mickey hat.

After our snack, we headed over to Pooh. On the way there, we saw Scrooge McDuck. He makes Koala angry so we didn't stop for pictures. Surprisingly, Pooh was a walk on. The whole gang was there in the Hundred Acre Wood picture spot, but the line was so long. I knew Koala wouldn't make it, so we moved on.

The new queue for Dumbo is awesome. We stopped at the play area for a bit and then had a great flight on Dumbo. Then it was off to the Barnstormer. I don't know why we hadn't been on this before, but it's a really fun ride. I'm glad we gave our cookies some time to digest, though, before we went on. Especially since Koala tried out his knife throwing skills while we were in line.

We went over to Buzz. Dad had his best game ever and Mom had her worst. I think she only scored 9500 points. I don't know if her laser was broken or she just bit the big one. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but if it happens again I'm going to have to revoke her Buzz privileges.

We still had time to check out the Laugh Floor before the first parade. It was awesome!!! Dad got put up on the big screen as having the urge to get up and dance. I joined in and Buddy Boyle loved me!!! After dancing, he kept putting me back on the screen. Apparently he loves monkeys. It was so cool. I wish I had a picture, but I didn't have the camera out.

It was time to head over to see if we could find a spot for the parade. There were so many people there, but we found a spot near the castle. Until a giant who was standing behind us decided he needed to stand in front of us. I swear the guy was 6 foot 4 and was with a bunch of real live gypsies. I felt like I was on that TLC show, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, without the wedding part. Since we could no longer see, we decided that we would try to get a better spot for the late parade and went to Cosmic Rays to get some chicken nuggets.

Once we were done eating, we got back to the front of the castle for a spot to watch the new Celebrate the Magic Show on the castle. My favorite part was when they made it look like a gingerbread house.

We stayed right there for the fireworks. Here are a few of my favorite shots.

Since we didn't see any of the first parade we thought we would find a seat for the late parade. We ended up at the base of Main Street right behind the Walt and Mickey Statue. It was the perfect viewing area.

Just waiting...

And waiting...

And waiting...

It was getting very chilly, so I'm glad the parade finally started!!!

Pluto said hi...

Some of you may recall that I have a bit of a bone to pick with Duffy. It goes back to when he first showed up on the scene at Disney. I think that he saw my TR and decided to steal my identity. I still haven't figured out how to prove it, but I did confront Duffy about it. Ever since, when we run into each other it's not pretty. I had to blur out his hand gesture to me in the parade. It's a good thing you can't see what signals I was sending to him...

Those pesky chipmunks were there too. Good thing I haven't run into them one on one this trip...

Gingie!!!

Oops! Wrong theme park!

I love the toy soldiers.

I think this was Prancer. Of all the reindeer, I think I would want to be Dasher or Comet, but not Prancer.

Santa!!! I know him!!!

I can't wait for Elf to be on TV. Probably in a week or so after Thanksgiving! Yipee! I agree with the 4 food groups. Candy, candy canes, candy corn and sugar!!

After the parade ended, we thought we better go see Mickey and Minnie.

By then it was pretty cold, so we decided that we would pick up some rice krispie treats and call it a night.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: