Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
frankieeyre
Mouseketeer

DO IT LIKE A LADYYYY....wait what?! Sept 2011 DLP Celebration trip! UPDATE x2 19/12

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. Pull up a chair and get comfy as you are about to read all about one of my favourite DLP trips I have ever had!

Now slow your roll Frankie, no one knows who you are!

It's time to play the music,
It's time to light the lights,
It's time to meet the Muppets,
On the Muppet Show tonight!

THE CAST

Frankie (me)

Bonjour, hola, hello! I'm Francesca, but everyone calls me Frankie! I'm 19 years old from the UK! I am about to go into my second year at Southampton University studying Marine Biology! I am OBSESSED with Disney! I always have been obsessed but recently it's got lots worse!! My new found friends at Uni love Disney too which just made my obsession SOAR through the roof! I'll put a couple of my favourites below, these will be for DLP though!!

Favorite Theme Park: Disneyland Park
Favorite Counter-Service Restaurants: Restaurant en Coulisse
Favorite Table-Service Restaurant: Cafe Mickey
Favorite Ride: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Favorite Disney Characters: Stitch, Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear
Favorite Disney Movies: Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, Princess and the Frog
Favorite Disney Songs: Just Around the Riverbend - Pocahontas

Ellie

This is Ellie (I call her smelly)! She is 19 years old and about to go into her first year of University studying History! She took a gap year! Ellie was one of my best friends from school! We used to have Psychology together and would spend every lesson chatting about Disney and potential Disney trips we would go on together! We never actually thought it would come true! (Ill tell you more about that story later )

Favorite Theme Park: Disneyland Park
Favorite Counter-Service Restaurants: Restaurant en Coulisse
Favorite Table-Service Restaurant: Cafe Mickey
Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite Disney Characters: Eeyore
Favorite Disney Movies: Cinderella
Favorite Disney Songs: When you wish upon a star - Pinocchio

So now it is time to get down to the fun stuff!! Get ready for a whirlwind of fun and laughter, but also some crazy moments too!

Crazy moment number 1: would we actually make it?! You will have to wait and see!!

Last edited by frankieeyre; 12-19-2012 at 05:28 PM.
frankieeyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
frankieeyre
Mouseketeer

Last edited by frankieeyre; 12-19-2012 at 05:24 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
pearldove
Earning My Ears

Hellooo!

Looking forward to reading your trip report I'm 17 so it's nice to see someone close to my age!
pearldove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
frankieeyre
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearldove View Post
Hellooo!

Looking forward to reading your trip report I'm 17 so it's nice to see someone close to my age!
Hey! Thanks for reading!! Ah yay love chatting to people close to my age about disney!! If you have got twitter follow me!! Twitter.com/disney_frankie

:D
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
ChelseyBun20
Earning My Ears

I'm here.. obviously ! Can't wait to read about your trip, hopefully I can get some tips for mine!! Now hurry up & write some more
ChelseyBun20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
frankieeyre
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseyBun20 View Post
I'm here.. obviously ! Can't wait to read about your trip, hopefully I can get some tips for mine!! Now hurry up & write some more
Obviously!! Knew I could count on you to be here! Now just waiting on Laura!
Yes!! Are you excited for yours?! Haha tomorrow I will write some more!! :D
Old 08-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #7
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

I'm here I'm here! I may or may not have fallen asleep before you posted this last night! Haha. But I'm ready and waiting! :D

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
disneyhockeymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:40 AM   #8
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a great TR already! Me and my sister are 18 and like your friend, doing History at Nottingham in September! We're going to Disney on Monday so I'm excited to read about your trip :-)
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:06 AM   #9
amylouv
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to reading your TR I'm 19 too and off to DLP in nearly two weeks!
amylouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #10
frankieeyre
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
I'm here I'm here! I may or may not have fallen asleep before you posted this last night! Haha. But I'm ready and waiting! :D
Haha good girl! Did you not make it to the end of the opening ceremony?! Yay!! So how long now?! 1 WEEK?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christieand View Post
Sounds like a great TR already! Me and my sister are 18 and like your friend, doing History at Nottingham in September! We're going to Disney on Monday so I'm excited to read about your trip :-)
Ah wow thats cool!! Ill try and get her on Dis so you can chat to her!!
Have an amazing time on your trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylouv View Post
Looking forward to reading your TR I'm 19 too and off to DLP in nearly two weeks!
Thank you!! Have a great time!! Where are you staying?
Old 08-30-2012, 05:02 AM   #11
amylouv
Earning My Ears

We're staying at the SL, first time ever staying on site (it will be my 5th trip overall) so I'm really looking forward to it! It's also my first time flying though so hopefully I won't get too stressed out over the airport and transfers Where are you staying?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #12
frankieeyre
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylouv View Post
We're staying at the SL, first time ever staying on site (it will be my 5th trip overall) so I'm really looking forward to it! It's also my first time flying though so hopefully I won't get too stressed out over the airport and transfers Where are you staying?
That's where we stayed!! Loved it there!!
Ah im sure the flying and all that will be absolutely fine!!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #13
SleepingX3Beauty
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to reading this one, so bring it on!
SleepingX3Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
frankieeyre
Mouseketeer

Here We Go!

So as I said before Ellie and I spent many many psychology lessons talking about Disneyland Paris (also singing Pixie Lott). We never actually thought it would happen! So on August 18th 2011 we found out our A Level results, we both did really good WOOP WOOP! Now that called for a celebration!!

At the very end of August we decided we were actually going to go to DLP! My parents are Travel Agents so we were able to book last last minute and get a REALLY good deal!! We booked 6 days before our departure day!

So here was the low down:

Friday September 2nd to Monday 5th September 2011
3 Nights at the Sequoia Lodge
4 Day Disney Park Tickets
Breakfast at the hotel
Traveling Premium on the Eurostar

Sounds pretty good right?! Right!!

So Disneyland Paris here we come!!

Next Chapter

Last edited by frankieeyre; 09-09-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #15
frankieeyre
Mouseketeer

Will We Make It? YES WE WILL!

Meeting at 7:00 am in the morning was early, but I was so excited I didn't honestly care!! We met up at Shenfield station and got the train into London, we then hopped into a cab and sped over to St Pancras station! Mickey Mouse here we come!!

We didn't actually tell any of our friends we were going to Disneyland so we decided now was the time to update our Facebooks etc to let them know!! We used our boarding passes to get through the gate and into the waiting lounge! It was definitely time for a second breakfast now so we headed over to a coffee shop and got some croissants! Ellie got Hot Chocolate (I think) and I got a water! Little interesting fact about me, I only drink water and milk, any chocolate milkshakes, i'm very boring!!

We headed over to WHSmiths to pick up some magazines and sweets for our train journey! I always get suckered into buying more food in WHSmiths, when you are being served they always offer you that massive chocolate bar for 」1 and I always say yes! So I walked away with lots more chocolate!

After chilling out for a while just chatting and waiting our train was finally ready! We got extremely excited and boarded as quickly as we could!! Our seats were massive and we got this lovely table so our seats faced eachother! We were all hyped up and ready to go! Then things went downhill...

So it was about 20 minutes after we were supposed to leave the station when the announcement came through that there was a line failure on the line and that we would have a minimum of 1 hour delay! So at this point I was a little be peeved but I could deal with a 1 hour delay! Half an hour later they said that it would still be at least an hour from this point! I rang my mum and she tried to do some research, all the trains leaving St Pancras were halted, no one could get out!

The announcer then said that if our journey was not necessary that we should leave, they also said we could try and get another train if we wanted. We decided to stick it out, I had this feeling though that deep down inside we would not be going anywhere! Twitter and the News were all reporting that all Eurostar trains were going to be cancelled for the day. At this point I was getting extremely upset.

BUT FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS! Finally about 3 hours later we left the station!! WOOPEE!!! Now during this whole fiasco I was far to annoyed to take any photos! So I only have this one of Ellie pretend sleeping on the train!! Enjoy!!

The next chapter is where the fun starts!! I promise!!!

Next Chapter

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: