Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

ME ME ME I AM OUT HERE

I am loving your trip report!!! Keep going girl!!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #17
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
ME ME ME I AM OUT HERE

I am loving your trip report!!! Keep going girl!!
Yay! I'm glad I have a reader! I'm just about to post another update, too!

DisneyCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #18
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Saturday, November 3 ContÖ

After spending a couple of hours near the pool (we didnít go in for very long, the water was FREEZING), we freshened up and headed to the bus stop to go to Downtown Disney for the evening.

We JUST missed a bus heading to DTD. We ran over to the bus stop as we saw it there but the bus driver still pulled away. Ugh! We ended up waiting less than 20 minutes (16 to be exact and 8 other buses came for the parks) and although it doesnít seem so bad now, my patience was short.

It all worked out, though. We ran to the theatre and bought tickets to see Wreck it Ralph in 3D. Greg was really looking forward to seeing this movie and I thought it was cute! I love seeing a movie at that theatre. The theatres by us are not that fancy but I suppose most things in Disney do it bigger and better.

After the movie we put our name in at Raglan Road.

They gave us an estimated wait time of 1.5 hours and because we had eaten popcorn, we were okay with it. We walked through Pleasure Island, stopped for a drink and to take in the atmosphere, and then parked it by Raglan Road. I made a note in my trip notes that P.I. looks like it would be a fun place to hang out with a group of friends.

(A nice couple offered to take this picture of us when they saw us taking a picture of each other. Thatís the second time that happened this trip. Why didnít people offer to us before? I like it because Iím always too shy to ask.)

(A band that was playing. Fun!)

In retrospect, I wasnít that hungry but I was adamant about wanting a TS meal. We also ended up waiting close to 2 hours and I wasnít happy by the time we sat down. It was VERY loud in there but the food was yummy. I think weíd like it better at lunch time.

After dinner, we did a little bit of shopping. I just love these t-shirts!

I got so excited when I saw the Christmas tree, the twinkling lights, and the wreaths around the Marketplace.

We ended up doing more pin trading than shopping, but thatís okay, pin trading is free and Greg really enjoys it. I think we were back to the room by 11 and we were dreaming Disney dreams shortly.

I know this update wasnít very exciting, but DTD doesnít usually come with much excitement. Up next: Brunch with family and Animal Kingdom!

Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #19
My sister's princess

I have a wicked pin addiction, the first trip I went on was right after the now DH and I started dating, he was looking through the stuff I brought back and found my pins, oh these are a cute little keepsake he said, then I told him what they cost He now supports my habit and helps me find pins I love!!!

I always am offering to take other people's pictures in the park, kinda a what goes around comes around type of thing! Often they will offer back!

Those shirts are super cute, expect I hate hashtagging, I am not on Instragram, at least not yet....

Never been to RR, but your dinner looks yummy!!!!

and yes, I am talking alot because I can lol you asked for interaction, you are going to get it
Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #20
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

Nice trip report so far! I hope you show off what pins you got throughout the trip. I'm a total Disney pin addict. Last time I went to Disney I spent more money on pins than on food,lol Although I do love trading, I can't help but buy more and more each time
Old 01-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess
I have a wicked pin addiction, the first trip I went on was right after the now DH and I started dating, he was looking through the stuff I brought back and found my pins, oh these are a cute little keepsake he said, then I told him what they cost He now supports my habit and helps me find pins I love!!!

I always am offering to take other people's pictures in the park, kinda a what goes around comes around type of thing! Often they will offer back!

Those shirts are super cute, expect I hate hashtagging, I am not on Instragram, at least not yet....

Never been to RR, but your dinner looks yummy!!!!

and yes, I am talking alot because I can lol you asked for interaction, you are going to get it
I like pins but not as much as Greg! Before your next trip, you need to order them off of eBay. They are such a deal!

That's true about the pictures. I think I need to offer more. You would think with me working in a public library, I'd be friendly with everyone.

Omg I love Twitter and Instagram. Do ittttttt!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #22
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucys2200
Nice trip report so far! I hope you show off what pins you got throughout the trip. I'm a total Disney pin addict. Last time I went to Disney I spent more money on pins than on food,lol Although I do love trading, I can't help but buy more and more each time
I can definitely take a picture of our collection! Greg really likes the Hidden Mickey sets. What about you? I'd love to put ours on display whenever we move and get a new house.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #23
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness, I'm a sucker for hidden Mickey sets! I just love the element of surprise in each little bag,lol I also try to get pins of all the rides I go on and I'm starting a collection of all the resorts I've stayed in...which at this point in just 1 but hopefully it will grow every year,lol. I want to get those pin collection cases they sell so they can be safe there instead of just a plastic bag.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #24
mominwife
Earning My Ears

I've been reading too, me and dh got addicted last Feb to pins.
mominwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #25
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucys2200
Oh my goodness, I'm a sucker for hidden Mickey sets! I just love the element of surprise in each little bag,lol I also try to get pins of all the rides I go on and I'm starting a collection of all the resorts I've stayed in...which at this point in just 1 but hopefully it will grow every year,lol. I want to get those pin collection cases they sell so they can be safe there instead of just a plastic bag.
Did you know that you can order pins off eBay? Many of the pins you get are hidden Mickey ones. That's what we buy to trade. Last time we got 50 pins for like 26 dollars. Such a good deal!

DH also has a collection of pins from all the resorts we stayed in. I actually started that collection for him for his birthday 2 years ago. He also is in process of a collection of his favorite attractions. LOL.

We bought a pin binder a few trips ago. It's getting pretty full but it's a good place to keep them!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #26
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mominwife
I've been reading too, me and dh got addicted last Feb to pins.
I like the license plate and vinylmation ones! What about you?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #27
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love the picture of you and your husband that the person offered to take for you. I have stayed away from the whole pin thing, I don't want to have something else I need to worry about collecting lol Although on my December trip, I saw this beautiful Tinkerbell cameo pin, I wanted to buy it "just because" lol I don't know if I commented on this before, but I saw your MyFitnessPal ticker - congratulations!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #28
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10
I love the picture of you and your husband that the person offered to take for you. I have stayed away from the whole pin thing, I don't want to have something else I need to worry about collecting lol Although on my December trip, I saw this beautiful Tinkerbell cameo pin, I wanted to buy it "just because" lol I don't know if I commented on this before, but I saw your MyFitnessPal ticker - congratulations!
Thanks! Greg was sort of showing interest after our first few trips, so for his birthday 2 years ago I bought him some to start. Now, he's obsessed! At least he hasn't gone n to eBay to find pins he's missing to complete collections...yet!

Thanks about the weight loss. It's been 10 months in the making and the past few months I haven't lost much. I'm starting to get back in the groove again because I want to lose 30lbs by the end of May. I need to have goals.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #29
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I'm sill here too! I'll be here as long as you keep writing... The notifications sit in my inbox for quite a while sometimes, but I always go back and read before deleting. It's nice to be past the holidays, but as a bookkeeper, January is just as busy!

What was that entree that you had at Raglan Road? It looks yummy!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #30
My sister's princess

Hmmmmm how about an update

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: