Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
lilaurora
Mouseketeer

Romantic Evening?

My husband and I are planning to have a romantic evening to ourselves while on our family trip in January. We actually have 2 evenings planned to take DD to the Neverland club (we are staying at the Poly). Both evenings we'll drop her off right around 4:00 when they open and plan to pick her up no later than 10:00. One night we already plan to have dinner at Epcot and then wander leisurely around World Showcase for a couple of hours.

We are wanting something a bit more romantic for our other evening. I was thinking of maybe having dinner over at Shulas? How easy would it be to walk to the Boardwalk from there?

Neither one of us has been to either place, so it would be nice to experience something new as well as a little romantic. I know it can be cold in January, so walking the Boardwalk could be chilly, but then again it would give us a reason to be close

Any other ideas for a romantic evening? The only thing I think I would have to count out for sure is the carriage ride at Port Orleans as I'm allergic to horses.

Thanks much!

lilaurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaurora View Post
My husband and I are planning to have a romantic evening to ourselves while on our family trip in January. We actually have 2 evenings planned to take DD to the Neverland club (we are staying at the Poly). Both evenings we'll drop her off right around 4:00 when they open and plan to pick her up no later than 10:00. One night we already plan to have dinner at Epcot and then wander leisurely around World Showcase for a couple of hours.

We are wanting something a bit more romantic for our other evening. I was thinking of maybe having dinner over at Shulas? How easy would it be to walk to the Boardwalk from there?

Neither one of us has been to either place, so it would be nice to experience something new as well as a little romantic. I know it can be cold in January, so walking the Boardwalk could be chilly, but then again it would give us a reason to be close

Any other ideas for a romantic evening? The only thing I think I would have to count out for sure is the carriage ride at Port Orleans as I'm allergic to horses.

Thanks much!
WOW, There are so many restaurants that pop into mind. . .personally, I would go to Chef's de France. . .I have a personal love affair with this place. its on the referb list and not sure of your dates so the next place would be the high end. Also love Tutto de Italia. . .the seafood risotto is to die for,
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

I second Darcy about the two restaurants she recommended. We have also had really great meals at the Yachtsman and Flying Fish on our last trip in October. We also had a few romantic strolls down the Boardwalk. It is our favorite place to stay. We have talked about the Poly in the future.

On our first trip we ate in the Queen Victoria room at Victoria and Albert's. Which is hands down the best restaurant on property. We sat next to the fireplace and were there for 5 hrs. I can't wait to go back there. It really is a fantastic dining experience.

I really think anywhere at WDW can be romantic. We also find that PM EMHs are always another fun way to spend time at WDW. We have been alone as well as with my DS who is 8 and my Mom. All can be fun.

Don't forgot about the beach at the Poly. You and DH could stroll on the beach and catch the electrical parade that you can see from the beach before picking up DD. The bar in the Poly makes really good drinks too, try the Lapu Lapu.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
lilaurora
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
WOW, There are so many restaurants that pop into mind. . .personally, I would go to Chef's de France. . .I have a personal love affair with this place. its on the referb list and not sure of your dates so the next place would be the high end. Also love Tutto de Italia. . .the seafood risotto is to die for,
Both of those sound like good contenders for our Epcot night out. I checked out the menus and Tutto Italia especially is appealing to me. A plus is that we've never eaten at either place, so it would be something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
I second Darcy about the two restaurants she recommended. We have also had really great meals at the Yachtsman and Flying Fish on our last trip in October. We also had a few romantic strolls down the Boardwalk. It is our favorite place to stay. We have talked about the Poly in the future.

On our first trip we ate in the Queen Victoria room at Victoria and Albert's. Which is hands down the best restaurant on property. We sat next to the fireplace and were there for 5 hrs. I can't wait to go back there. It really is a fantastic dining experience.

I really think anywhere at WDW can be romantic. We also find that PM EMHs are always another fun way to spend time at WDW. We have been alone as well as with my DS who is 8 and my Mom. All can be fun.

Don't forgot about the beach at the Poly. You and DH could stroll on the beach and catch the electrical parade that you can see from the beach before picking up DD. The bar in the Poly makes really good drinks too, try the Lapu Lapu.
A walk on the beach sounds lovely and very convenient! I've heard great things about V & A's, but it might be a bit too fancy for us. Flying Fish is at the Boardwalk, correct? That would cut down on travel time and may make for a more leisurely evening. I see that they have Maine scallops on the menu. They are the favorite food of my New England-raised DH.

Thanks for taking the time to share some great ideas with me!

lilaurora is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: