Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #3331
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Oh Pas! Always our Princess (Queen, Empress).

Kook: There was an "aye" from out this way! (I even managed a bit of a Glaswegian tinge to it.)

Janet: Do you like how you were volunteered?!

~~----------------~~

P.S. He re-sent the workout. Drat! (You know I'm going to slip one of these days and call him "Ron" by mistake. )
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #3332
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
We're booked for 4 nights at BCV in a studio for September. We have 18 friends including us staying at the same resort--so we're pretty much locked in. It'll be a blast

Miss you ladies!!
Sounds like it will be an awesome time!! We're going in September this time. My trip countdown actually just went off on my phone saying we have 194 days until our trip. I don't know what I'm more nervous about, the heat and humidity or getting an ADR for BOG during MNSSHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Thanks Wookie...it can be difficult to start but once you do, it gets easier to stick with it... make it a goal to start this very weekend will DH be your walking buddy? Or the boys?
I know for sure Joey will want to do it with me, but I'm not sure about John. David, it'll depend. I know he won't get up early to do it before work. On nights we do operations in game, he won't walk with me. There just isn't enough time between him getting home from work, finalizing the days paperwork, eating and logging into the game to fit it in. On nights, we don't have anything to do in game, I don't think I can get him to do it until the time changes. By the time he gets home, finalizing paper work and eats, it's dark outside. We can't squeeze it in before we eat, unless he happens to get home really early since his parents have to eat around 6 PM and I have to cook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Wookie[/B]-Your plans sound great, I hope the refund appears soon!
Thanks, I hope so too. I told them DH last night, it's a good thing the bank doesn't charge you every time you check your balance. If they did, I would have used up all of the tax return by now checking on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Wookie - yes, I use beef, but I would think it would be just as good with pork. You want a fatty piece like chuck roast, so I would use a Boston butt so you get the same tenderness.
Melissa
Cool, thanks. I'll have to try it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Janet...my BFF The downside is his on call..I will not be able to work...wait what is the downside in having a week off...

Ok my RC family....

I will not be the hostess for the next thread. I just noticed we are in the 220s . I was happy to take over for stepdisney However, with classes looming in the very near future.... I will need to spend less time on the Dis

I have ideas of who should continue with our next saga but I know everyone has a lot of obligations...keeping up here is not easy


Volunteers......

My only request is Janet gets post 2 (or post 1 ) for RC trips...and we keep the thread in Memory of our Sarah

How sad that I've teared up writing this...
I know you'll do great with the classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning, ladies!

Wookie: Your plan sounds fab. Casa Rio rings a bell for me! Shame my memory is so poor. That was another lifetime though so I'm not supposed to remember. I'm the same as your DH with the games; I can only do one at a time. For me, it gets too confusing to do more than one. We've been doing the console thing lately ... I'm not even sure my PC could run Elder Scrolls!
Honestly, I couldn't remember the name of it. I thought it was by a restaurant with a kangaroo on the sign and I knew it was the oldest on the Riverwalk. I had to rely on FB friends to remember the name of the restaurant. For a while the DH and I did play Diablo III and SW:tOR at the same time, but it was just the SW:tOR beta. When we would switch games it would take a little bit to get back into the grove of the game. I kept wanting to use spells I had in Diablo on SW:tOR. Heck even though it's been like 1 1/2 years since I played WoW, I still find myself wishing I could use some of my WoW Mage spells on my SW:tOR Sorc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Miss M didn't have any after school art class yesterday (cancelled due to snow) so we went to work on her book as soon as she came home. She had the basics down already so we just had to shape it into something sensible. (It had morphed from a simple story about a polar bear and a penguin with magic powers into a love story with a girl and boy ice dragon.) At risk of it rivaling War and Peace in length, we pared it down to 8 pages. It ends with the "fierce ice dragon" hitting his head on the door when he tried to go after our escaping polar bear and penguin buddies. He then had to take a trip to the ice hospital; the picture had the doors labelled "A and E" and "Nursery" She turned it in this morning. Phew.
Sounds like a really cute book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I just opened the email from my trainer with the workout he wanted me to do this weekend as an "attachment" -- it was blank. I think I might be able to handle that. Sounds good to me!

(This reply has taken so long I know I've missed a page of posts.)
Gotta love a trainer that allows you to play hooky from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
DS12 is home today, poor guy tummy bug
I hope he feels better soon.

I think Joey is having blood sugar issues. He's been having drops. Yesterday, it was 87 when he got home at 4 PM. After eating a lot and drinking two can Cokes (one at 4:15 and the other at 7:45) by 10 PM his blood sugar was 78. I know the doctor will want to have about a two week history of me testing his blood sugar several times a day along with every thing he ate and drank. So I don't have to see the doctor, only to tell me to do this, and then to come back, I made the appointment for next Friday, so I can have at least a small history by then. Plus, lately (even more than normal) he just can't eat enough. Yesterday when he got home from school, he ate a can of Vienna sausages (which I think are nasty), 10 crackers, a can of Coke, 2 bean and cheese burritos, a package of mini Oreo cookies, and a 16.9 oz bottle of water that I turned into Tropical Punch Kool Aid. He would have kept eating if I had let him. I made him stop until dinner.
While he's at school, I just have him text me anytime he feels like it's dropping, and what he ate. Which reminds me, I need to call the school nurse and make her aware he is having issues with his blood sugar. Well I better go do that before I forget.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Last edited by letthewookiewin; 02-27-2013 at 04:34 PM.
letthewookiewin is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #3333
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,315

Sitting in the GC lobby listening to the piano. Question: which lobby do I like the best GC, AK or WL??? Answer: which ever one I am sitting in at the moment!!!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #3334
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,950

Wookie - we were there last September and although I loved the fact that it wasn't crowded at all and being able to do MNSSHP, it was definitely hotter and more humid than I'd like. That being said, we're planning on returning in August (our 3rd Disney August trip I think) so we get the heat, humidity, AND crowds...
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #3335
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma
Sitting in the GC lobby listening to the piano. Question: which lobby do I like the best GC, AK or WL??? Answer: which ever one I am sitting in at the moment!!!
What's GC?
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #3336
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oh Pas! Always our Princess (Queen, Empress).

Kook: There was an "aye" from out this way! (I even managed a bit of a Glaswegian tinge to it.)

Janet: Do you like how you were volunteered?!
nope but did receive a text from Pas.... after she posted...

Seriously I love the RC thread and want it to continue...it has always brightened my darker days and upped the wattage on the sunniest ones

With Sarah's passing, it would make me feel good to have at least the 2nd post to continue posting our trips and inevitable changes that filled the thread... Sarah so enjoyed being contributing to the thread in that way ( also our resident GF expert!) so carrying on for her would mean a lot to me ...as Sarah friendship meant so much to me ( and to so many others). and Pas... well she knows that I would do most anything for her...

Sooo am happy to be Post 1 or 2 (hmm kind of reminds me of thing 1 and thing 2.. ) ... really its all good as long as we stick together...so if someone had a strong itch to carry on the legacy let it be known...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
P.S. He re-sent the workout. Drat! (You know I'm going to slip one of these days and call him "Ron" by mistake. )
Nuts! ... can you plead that you were unable to open the attachment?

on the Ron comment... wonder if he knows anything about HP...at least you aren't calling him a dementor... it might come out demented!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I know for sure Joey will want to do it with me, but I'm not sure about John. David, it'll depend. I know he won't get up early to do it before work. On nights we do operations in game, he won't walk with me. There just isn't enough time between him getting home from work, finalizing the days paperwork, eating and logging into the game to fit it in. On nights, we don't have anything to do in game, I don't think I can get him to do it until the time changes. By the time he gets home, finalizing paper work and eats, it's dark outside. We can't squeeze it in before we eat, unless he happens to get home really early since his parents have to eat around 6 PM and I have to cook.
I do know how difficult it is to make time where there is no more in the day but hopefully you will be able to. Sometimes it is hard for us Moms to put ourselves first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

I think Joey is having blood sugar issues. He's been having drops. Yesterday, it was 87 when he got home at 4 PM. After eating a lot and drinking two can Cokes (one at 4:15 and the other at 7:45) by 10 PM his blood sugar was 78. I know the doctor will want to have about a two week history of me testing his blood sugar several times a day along with every thing he ate and drank. So I don't have to see the doctor, only to tell me to do this, and then to come back, I made the appointment for next Friday, so I can have at least a small history by then. Plus, lately (even more than normal) he just can't eat enough. Yesterday when he got home from school, he ate a can of Vienna sausages (which I think are nasty), 10 crackers, a can of Coke, 2 bean and cheese burritos, a package of mini Oreo cookies, and a 16.9 oz bottle of water that I turned into Tropical Punch Kool Aid. He would have kept eating if I had let him. I made him stop until dinner.
While he's at school, I just have him text me anytime he feels like it's dropping, and what he ate. Which reminds me, I need to call the school nurse and make her aware he is having issues with his blood sugar. Well I better go do that before I forget.
Wookie, is this the first time you have noticed his blood sugar issues? I think it is smart to record a history of sugars before this appt. And tell the school... Can Joey carry something in his pockets in case he starts feeling light headed? Some candy perhaps?
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 02-27-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Janet B is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #3337
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
What's GC?
believe its the Grand Californian... She's at DL on her Dis Diva trip..!!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #3338
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

believe its the Grand Californian... She's at DL on her Dis Diva trip..!!
OH that makes sense now. :-)
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #3339
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Sitting in the GC lobby listening to the piano. Question: which lobby do I like the best GC, AK or WL??? Answer: which ever one I am sitting in at the moment!!!
Well I've only been in the WL, and I love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Wookie - we were there last September and although I loved the fact that it wasn't crowded at all and being able to do MNSSHP, it was definitely hotter and more humid than I'd like. That being said, we're planning on returning in August (our 3rd Disney August trip I think) so we get the heat, humidity, AND crowds...
I have a feeling the Polar Bear neck cooling thingies and **** tubes, I bought for our June trip will be used one this one. We didn't need them on the last trip because it rained every day, nearly all day, of the trip. The only exception was the first day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
I do know how difficult it is to make time where there is no more in the day but hopefully you will be able to. Sometimes it is hard for us Moms to put ourselves first.
What I am thinking about doing is walking every morning as soon as everyone is off to school/work. I have gotten in the bad habit of going back to bed as soon as they are gone and sleeping until anywhere from 11:30 AM - 1 PM. Then if the DH wants to walk in the evening, I get in an extra walk. If he doesn't, I still get mine in for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Wookie, is this the first time you have noticed his blood sugar issues? I think it is smart to record a history of sugars before this appt. And tell the school... Can Joey carry something in his pockets in case he starts feeling light headed? Some candy perhaps?
He's had it drop but it wasn't a consistent thing. When I asked my doctor about it, he said to not worry about it since he had never passed out. The thing is is out of all the grandparents (my parents and DH's) my mom is the only non-Diabetic. The DH even has a cousin with Juvenile Diabetes to the point of being hospitalized several times as a child.

oh, I wanted to share a new John-ism that still has me .

I asked him if he had learned about the Alamo in school yet this year and he said that he hadn't. Then I asked if he would like to go there sometime and tour it. All of a sudden he was like, "I remember learning about the Alamo and heck, no. There is no way I am going there." Confused, I asked him why. He said, "I know what happened there. The Mexicans slaughtered all the Texans. There is no way I'm going to let them slaughter my family." While laughing, I assured him, that was a long time ago and there were not an army of Mexicans waiting to slaughter Texans, who wandered into the Alamo.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #3340
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
What's GC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
believe its the Grand Californian... She's at DL on her Dis Diva trip..!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
OH that makes sense now. :-)
Yep that's exactly where I am! Dinner tonight is at GC Storytellers Cafe. I'm having the lobster club salad. Then either DL park or drinks at DL Hotel Trader Sam's Bar. What should I do?
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #3341
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Yep that's exactly where I am! Dinner tonight is at GC Storytellers Cafe. I'm having the lobster club salad. Then either DL park or drinks at DL Hotel Trader Sam's Bar. What should I do?
I don't know, (not too familiar with Disneyland) but either way I'll bet you'll have a blast! Enjoy!!
__________________
TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #3342
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Sitting in the GC lobby listening to the piano. Question: which lobby do I like the best GC, AK or WL??? Answer: which ever one I am sitting in at the moment!!!
GG
Sounds like the perfect way to relax

BTW good answer

Have fun and et something yummy for me!
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #3343
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oh Pas! Always our Princess (Queen, Empress).

Kook: There was an "aye" from out this way! (I even managed a bit of a Glaswegian tinge to it.)

Janet: Do you like how you were volunteered?!

~~----------------~~

P.S. He re-sent the workout. Drat! (You know I'm going to slip one of these days and call him "Ron" by mistake. )
Hear, Hear, Pas always our Queen!

Janet, I'll add another aye!

Missout-He re-sent it? Drat is right!
__________________
TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #3344
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

I am way far behind, but I want to stop in and say Marie I am praying for you both. That is so scary and I am so sorry you had to go through it. At least he is ok, and that's what matters. I am sure it is still very traumatic for him to lose a finger, but it could have been so much worse. Lots of love to your family, dear friend.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #3345
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,692

Hi RC Friends,
I'm working on our upcoming trip. I will need to make some dining reservations in March, so it's time to start figuring things out.

I wanted to stay at the Wilderness Lodge, but dh really isn't a huge Magic Kingdom fan. We usually only go there for about 1/2 a day each trip. So...

I booked two nights at AKL. We would like to have a nice lunch at Saana this time, so that would work well for the second day. Then that evening, we'd just have lounge snackies and desserts. The next morning check out of AKL, and spend part of the day at the Animal Kingdom.

Early in the afternoon we'll transfer to the Yacht Club. We were able to get a GV/CL room, I was so happy. (I am pretty sure that first day will be the soft opening of F&W-fun!) We'll stay 5 nights there.
If all works out, we are hoping to take advantage of an Orlando Magical Dining offer or two. Fingers crossed Ill Mulino or Blue Zoo will be on the list.

We're booked room only, I'll fill in a few dining reservations, in late March, and that will be it.

I am thinking all the wacky stuff in DC will be over relatively quickly. I'd rather plan positive, and then if for some reason we have to cancel, so be it.
In the meantime, though, I'm not going to worry. I'm going to look forward to a nice vacation!
__________________
TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.