Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #3301
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Marie - as I posted on FB, my heart and prayers are with you, Al, and your family I cannot even imagine receiving that phone call Try to keep us posted when you have time, but like others have said try not to forget to take care of yourself right now either. We are all here for you, whether you need to laugh or cry

KOOK - take this as your sign to keep your trip booked. You NEVER know what tomorrow will bring and you need to live each day to the fullest

I have been up with DD for a couple hours now, her tummy inst doing so well, looks like she will be home with me today.

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 AM   #3302
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
My friends ... A quick stop in to let you know my world came to a halt today. My husband is a Sheriff, and today the unthinkable happened when he was transporting prisoners to court. He was shot -- thank goodness it was in his hand, and while serious, he is alive. Here is an article on the incident -- http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...-shooting.html
His fourth finger, right hand had to be amputated tonight. On Thursday he has to have surgery to fix his shattered pinky... He may have more surgery needed in the future. I thank God I still have him by my side, loss of a finger we can get over -- loss of him, never!
Please pray for my family. Thank you my dear friends. Hopefully I can post and update you when I know more.
Marie
Oh Marie!! Thinking of your family, thank god it was not more serious! Sending many hugs to you all!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #3303
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Marie - as I posted on FB, my heart and prayers are with you, Al, and your family I cannot even imagine receiving that phone call Try to keep us posted when you have time, but like others have said try not to forget to take care of yourself right now either. We are all here for you, whether you need to laugh or cry

KOOK - take this as your sign to keep your trip booked. You NEVER know what tomorrow will bring and you need to live each day to the fullest

I have been up with DD for a couple hours now, her tummy inst doing so well, looks like she will be home with me today.

Melissa
Marie - my hearts and prayers go out to you and your family. What has happened is truly a nightmare. I agree with Melissa - we should all remember how important our families and lives are to us and live each moment to the fullest because you never know the next day will bring.

We are all here for you Marie, if you need to vent or talk it through. You are a military wife though, so you are super tough and you are going to make it through all of this.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #3304
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
My friends ... A quick stop in to let you know my world came to a halt today. My husband is a Sheriff, and today the unthinkable happened when he was transporting prisoners to court. He was shot -- thank goodness it was in his hand, and while serious, he is alive. Here is an article on the incident -- http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...-shooting.html
His fourth finger, right hand had to be amputated tonight. On Thursday he has to have surgery to fix his shattered pinky... He may have more surgery needed in the future. I thank God I still have him by my side, loss of a finger we can get over -- loss of him, never!
Please pray for my family. Thank you my dear friends. Hopefully I can post and update you when I know more.
Marie
OMG Marie Sending prayers for your DH recovery and will be thinking of You and him, wishing the surgery on Thursday goes well.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #3305
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Thinking of you all, Marie.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #3306
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Marie - I am so sorry to hear that!!! How scary that must have been. You just never know anymore. I'm glad to hear your DH was not injured more seriously!! I see it's in berta, I have an aunt in Alberta!!!

Kook - Definitely keep your spring trip!!! It's already booked, just go and enjoy the time, it might actually help to get away. I can't imagine being told my pay would be cut or I would lose my job. I guess the good thing is the pay cut is over a few months and not an entire year. I guess all you can do is try an stay positive about it.

Hi everyone else! My uncle has a follow up today from a biopsy from last week. I'm hoping and praying it's nothing malignant. I think what worries me more is my grandmother and mother both died of cancer but hopefully that is not his fate.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #3307
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Wookie - Your San Anontio trip sounds awesome. How cool that you are surprising the boys!

Miss - Banter is good So, how did the book come out?

Jenny - Yay for your APs! Did you pay with the AP site yet?

Grumpy Grandma - Love your WDW stockpile idea! better get a bunch though, it seems you have acquired quite a few new DILs and GKids!

Janet - Pilates with Sam sounds hilarious. It's great that you two can have fun being together doing things like that. My mom was amazing in many ways, but not so great as a mom of a teen. You must really know what you are doing to have such a great bond with her!

babyberger - It must be both exciting and scary to put yourself out there like that. I know you'll get nothing but good feedback on the blog.

sjs314 - I realized that my Poly/boat reply was less then helpful. You're right this thread moves like lightning so things get missed easily. I hope you get your question answered!

koh1977 - Welcome back! Good luck deciding. I know CBR can get a bad rep but that pool looks like it would be a good fit for a 2yo with the zero entry.

chimo2u - Sending prayers for your family.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #3308
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Marie - I am so sorry to hear that!!! How scary that must have been. You just never know anymore. I'm glad to hear your DH was not injured more seriously!! I see it's in berta, I have an aunt in Alberta!!!

Kook - Definitely keep your spring trip!!! It's already booked, just go and enjoy the time, it might actually help to get away. I can't imagine being told my pay would be cut or I would lose my job. I guess the good thing is the pay cut is over a few months and not an entire year. I guess all you can do is try an stay positive about it.

Hi everyone else! My uncle has a follow up today from a biopsy from last week. I'm hoping and praying it's nothing malignant. I think what worries me more is my grandmother and mother both died of cancer but hopefully that is not his fate.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Hugs and prayers for your uncle
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #3309
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Wookie - Your San Anontio trip sounds awesome. How cool that you are surprising the boys!

Miss - Banter is good So, how did the book come out?

Jenny - Yay for your APs! Did you pay with the AP site yet?

Grumpy Grandma - Love your WDW stockpile idea! better get a bunch though, it seems you have acquired quite a few new DILs and GKids!

Janet - Pilates with Sam sounds hilarious. It's great that you two can have fun being together doing things like that. My mom was amazing in many ways, but not so great as a mom of a teen. You must really know what you are doing to have such a great bond with her!

babyberger - It must be both exciting and scary to put yourself out there like that. I know you'll get nothing but good feedback on the blog.

sjs314 - I realized that my Poly/boat reply was less then helpful. You're right this thread moves like lightning so things get missed easily. I hope you get your question answered!

koh1977 - Welcome back! Good luck deciding. I know CBR can get a bad rep but that pool looks like it would be a good fit for a 2yo with the zero entry.

chimo2u - Sending prayers for your family.
I_Heart I appriciate your taking the time try and offer an answer

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #3310
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Hello everyone! I haven't been here since our last WDW trip in September, but the beginnings of trip planning are happening as we speak and considering I've changed my mind about where to stay like 10 times already, I figured I'd better get back on this thread for support! Looking at the first week of August mot likely. Hoping for room discounts to come out soon for late summer? Planning on a moderate this time around (after Poly and BC stays). DH, DS(6) and DD(2). I've looked at POR, then CBR, and currently CSR. Obviously I can't decide. 😁
Personally, I would do CSR just for the Queen beds.

Quote:

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Sending prayers he gets good results today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
It does seem like it'll be a lot of fun. If the stinking government will ever send us our money, so I can get the trip booked.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #3311
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I_Heart I appriciate your taking the time try and offer an answer
Sheila, from what I remember, the boat from the Poly boat dock didn't seem to me to be able to take EVC's, we had to step down onto it or across to it, and had to have our stroller folded up. But don't quote me....I could be completely wrong!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #3312
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Marie
Oh Marie what a nightmare, thank God that while still serious, it could of gone much differently...thinking of you and your family and sending prayers for DH's surgery tomorrow....please know we are all here for you 24/7 to talk, vent or cry

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #3313
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hugs and prayers for great news today

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Melissa, hoping DD's stomach issues will not be serious and you get to have some mommy and me cuddle time with her.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 02-27-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #3314
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Stopping by to send hugs and prayers to Marie Lots of prayers for a speedy recovery. I can't imagine how scared you must have been Love you.

Quick hello to everyone!! I hate that I'm so busy here and never have time to keep up on the thread

We're booked for 4 nights at BCV in a studio for September. We have 18 friends including us staying at the same resort--so we're pretty much locked in. It'll be a blast

Miss you ladies!!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #3315
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Stopping by to send hugs and prayers to Marie Lots of prayers for a speedy recovery. I can't imagine how scared you must have been Love you.

Quick hello to everyone!! I hate that I'm so busy here and never have time to keep up on the thread

We're booked for 4 nights at BCV in a studio for September. We have 18 friends including us staying at the same resort--so we're pretty much locked in. It'll be a blast

Miss you ladies!!
Deena Hope your feeling better. Sounds like quite a party at BCV in September.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: