Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #3016
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I hate having to use Disney money for real life stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Wookie- hope nothing serious with the vehicle...I know how expensive that can get.

Have a great day all ~
Cynthia
The DH said after he had the battery changed it was acting strange. First, it was giving error codes. Then, when he put it in cruise, the excelerator wouldn't work any more. The DH wanted the fil to see what the car was doing so they took it for a drive last night. Well, the check engine light went off last night, and the DH said the car didn't give them any problems. They think whatever was wrong reset itself and will hopefully be ok.

About 1 AM, as we were getting ready for bed, I realized there was a flaw in my ADR plan. The day I have planned to go to the MK (a Tuesday) is a day they usually have MNSSHP and we'll have to leave the MK at 7 PM. The only other day, I think I can swap with it is Thursday, but then that will have us going to the MK two days in a row (when you include going to MNSSHP).

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #3017
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Morning ladies, kiddos are off again today (teacher work day) so we are having one more lazy morning. I'll be back in a few to catch up

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #3018
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Mornin' Peeps

Jen, that's great news that your Mom does not have shingles... my mom has had them twice, and my MIL has a bad bout with them. Maybe it was an allergic reaction?

Heather, beautiful pix as always!! Happy that Faith loved the RR, and hope she had a wonderful birthday trip! Loved Riverside (stayed in a GV room Mansions in January on the RC trip.)

Marie, sounds like your Valentines day with DH was nice. It's hard to be an adult sometimes..hopefully planning for the big WDW trip 2015 will ease the sting... you can add on to that one to make it extra special. And I do think the Diva trip sounds like a good way to treat yourself!

Dani, too funny about booking the second cabin on another cruise!! But was this your subconcious at play here?? Have fun with the Vitamix... sometimes DH will grind his own meat and the burgers taste fabulous! If we had more time he would love to cook more.. he is thinking of taking a cooking class as there is a culinary institutue opening up quite near us.

Wookie, congrats on getting your paper finished. happy that your check engine light went out... that happened to us too as we just had the car inspected on Sat.

As my luck would have it.. was driving to the Y on Sat morning and got pulled over... knew exactly as our inspection had expired in December (just realized it on thursday)... the officer was nice about it when I explained my appt was for that day.. got off with a warning, and had to have the mechanic fill out a form to prove I had the car inspected.... but no ticket!!

Melissa, another day off, good for DISing... See you back here soon!

Miss, well anything to update on the AP front? That's great that you DH likes the idea of driving to FL... just can't seem to convince mine of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Janet BFF what can I say...Sam she is beautiful
thanks bff She feels SO good about herself... you can just see it in her expression, her attitude, etc. She just beams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Janet - I'm glad Sam had fun at the dance. She sure sounds like an amazing young lady.
You are so sweet! I think Sam is the most "together" person in the family! She just seems to be handling everything well right now...hopefully this will continue. She is focused on eating healthy and excersiving and hope this will always be part of her lifestyle.

Any plans yet for that anniversary getaway?

Quote:
My kitchen aid stand mixer was my grandmas from the '70s...not the cool colors but it still is going strong.
Wow!! Mine is only 15 years old!

Quote:
I'm always on the phone app for the dis and never see any sigs... as a matter of fact I didn't put in the December trip with the band or our upcoming trip June 25-July 5

Have a great day all ~
Cynthia
Cynthia, you need to add a ticker!!

Quote:
SO FAR BEHIND......

Sooooooo IF I were doing WDW...which my DH said no...again...I could do ADRs thinking of doing some just in case....looks like Hard Rock for August and WDW in 2014

I know I should stop being a brat about it...stopping by to say a big Good Morning
Universal August /WDW with the family next year is good my friend (and there is December....)

Hi to all I've missed!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #3019
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Wookie, congrats on getting your paper finished. happy that your check engine light went out... that happened to us too as we just had the car inspected on Sat.

As my luck would have it.. was driving to the Y on Sat morning and got pulled over... knew exactly as our inspection had expired in December (just realized it on thursday)... the officer was nice about it when I explained my appt was for that day.. got off with a warning, and had to have the mechanic fill out a form to prove I had the car inspected.... but no ticket!!
Thank you, I tend to wait until the last minute to get things done.

That is awesome he just gave you a warning. Several years back, my DH got hurt at work. I hadn't driven my car in months. I was a SAHM, I walked the boys down the street to their school, and usually took DH's car to the store. The inspection was out and I told the officer I hadn't driven the car in months and was on my way to pick my hubby up from work to take him to the ER. He had no issue in writing me a ticket.

I can't wait to take these on our next WDW trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #3020
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Just stopping in to say hi!

AirTran did me the favor of changing my April flights so I parlayed that into adding a day. I wanted to fly in on Sunday anyway, but the flights were double the cost so I went with Monday. I know they get a bad rep for changing, but I love it! It always seems to work in my favor.

Now the question is, do I just add another YC CL day, or do something special and make that our anniversary celebration night?

Jenny - Glad your mom doesn't have shingles. How funny that she didn't even ask what she did have. Mothers! Congrats on the APs too. I think you are going to love popping over to Epcot! It really is sooooo easy even with little ones.

Miss - Is DH seeing the light yet? Wish you luck my friend!

Wookie - I hope the car thing is a fluke.

Dani - I cracked up when I saw the cruise booking issue. I'm glad they got it straightened out!

pas - 2014? Sorry! Don't worry Universal will be amazing!

babyberger - Enjoy your lazy day! My slobby guys were back these weekend. So I'm all today. I thought I had that fixed but I guess not.

Hi to everybody else I missed.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #3021
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
SO FAR BEHIND......

Sooooooo IF I were doing WDW...which my DH said no...again...I could do ADRs thinking of doing some just in case....looks like Hard Rock for August and WDW in 2014

I know I should stop being a brat about it...stopping by to say a big Good Morning
And there's the secret December trip ....
Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #3022
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Dani loved that you booked two cruises ... maybe that isn't such a bad idea!

Jen so glad to hear that you mom didn't have shingles. I just heard a headline on the news that the shingles shot may not be that effective but I never heard the story! NO! I do not want shingles!!!

babyberget lazy days are just like being retired!

iheart an extra Disney day is always good news!!!

wookie I hate car problems! But at least yours wasn't too expensive!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #3023
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Now the question is, do I just add another YC CL day, or do something special and make that our anniversary celebration night?
Have you thought about one of the tours, fireworks cruises, or Dessert Party?

Quote:
Wookie - I hope the car thing is a fluke.

Hi to everybody else I missed.
Thanks, me too. I'm starting to see a pattern with each time the inlaws take it to the lake house. He seems like that is the only times he has problems with it.

It looks like I'm going to keep our plan like it is. I've become obsessed with checking the crowd predictions on Touring Plans. If we had changed, our MK day would have gone from a 1.1 on Tuesday to a 3.3 on Thursday. Well make that a 1.3 on Tuesday, because it's gone up since I checked it yesterday. The DH refuses to go "on such a busy day". Oh well, maybe with the MK closing at 7 PM (according to TP thinking they will have MNSSHP), we'll get some SAB time.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #3024
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies!

Pas: Not to worry! You've always got us to complain to. Nothing's set in stone... and we all know how changeable things are for you -- silver lining and all that.

Dani: Did you pick up the Vitamix?

Sheila: Hellooooooo! and to Marie, too.

Dis703: Thanks for sharing your AP experience... and for reminding me about the Target GC thing. I'm DEFINITELY going to do that since I've got a Red Card. Every little bit helps, eh?

Wookie: Eep about the car. Maybe the car can mysteriously not be driveable for their next road trip to the lake since it's not driveable when they return it.

Jen: Ever find out what it was your mother had? That sounds like something my mom would do.

DetTigs: Definitely time for a new ticker!

Melissa: I'm going to do some covert price gathering today -- thanks again! Did you get to go out with the kiddos?

I_Heart: Sweet -- another day! Hmmm, what would you plan for the anniversary celebration instead of doing another YC-CL day -- fancy dinner?

Heather: Yay for the RR at POR. Would you guys ever book there again? I quite enjoyed our stay there.

MM: What's on that ticker? Are you the next to go?! I think so.

Janet: What do you have booked at the moment -- just the October / November trip or that and Dec? Sam is just fabulous -- good on her for sticking with it.

Linda: What's up next for you -- is it the Diva Trip and some family vacation? Then back East?

(I really need to turn the tickers back on... I miss out on everything! )

~~---------------------------~~

Kiddo is off today so we've been running around doing schtuff. (Schtuff has included me gluing bits of balsa wood together for a bird house. I really hope no birds decide to take up residence as I'm sure it's not up to code. )

On the AP Front: Nothing ... yet, but I think he's keen we've just not had a chance to talk about it. Going to go gather more pricing (a.k.a ammunition).

I swear, if I see that stinkin' Budweiser Clydesdale commercial one. more. time!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #3025
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
wookie I hate car problems! But at least yours wasn't too expensive!
You must have been posting right when I made my last one. Thank you. Hopefully the $100 we put into it, will be all we have to put into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wookie: Eep about the car. Maybe the car can mysteriously not be driveable for their next road trip to the lake since it's not driveable when they return it.
I wish. Unfortunately, they have keys to the car. Plus, telling my fil to do anything is like telling a hyper 3 year old they have to sit still longer than a millisecond.

Quote:
I swear, if I see that stinkin' Budweiser Clydesdale commercial one. more. time!
I am glad I'm not the only one. If it's not the Disney commercials, it's the Budweiser ones.

I have never gotten a text about my tax return before. Is it odd to get more than one about it. We got them on the 15th and 18th.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #3026
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Wookie~ good thing your DH doesn't go with us...MK has been 9 or 10 the last few trips!!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #3027
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Wookie~ good thing your DH doesn't go with us...MK has been 9 or 10 the last few trips!!
Ewww...TP has 6 - 8 for the dates we were at WDW this last June. He doesn't want anything close to that.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #3028
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
iheart an extra Disney day is always good news!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Have you thought about one of the tours, fireworks cruises, or Dessert Party?
Oooh, I hadn't even thought about those options.

Quote:
Thanks, me too. I'm starting to see a pattern with each time the inlaws take it to the lake house. He seems like that is the only times he has problems with it.

Quote:
It looks like I'm going to keep our plan like it is. I've become obsessed with checking the crowd predictions on Touring Plans. If we had changed, our MK day would have gone from a 1.1 on Tuesday to a 3.3 on Thursday. Well make that a 1.3 on Tuesday, because it's gone up since I checked it yesterday. The DH refuses to go "on such a busy day". Oh well, maybe with the MK closing at 7 PM (according to TP thinking they will have MNSSHP), we'll get some SAB time.
I can vouch for awesomely low crowds on party days. Really though, I think anything lower than a 5 is pretty darn manageable. We did the MK on a 10 day over New Years. It was actually a breeze until about 10:30 but after that

Quote:
Dis703: Thanks for sharing your AP experience... and for reminding me about the Target GC thing. I'm DEFINITELY going to do that since I've got a Red Card. Every little bit helps, eh?

Quote:
I_Heart: Sweet -- another day! Hmmm, what would you plan for the anniversary celebration instead of doing another YC-CL day -- fancy dinner?
I probably wasn't clear, but I'm wondering where to book that first night. My frivolous side is telling me a fancy schmancy suite somewhere for some <ahem> adult time. Plus, DH went out and bought that new Windows Surface tablet ($$$$$) so I think I'm entitled to throw away some money too!

Quote:
Kiddo is off today so we've been running around doing schtuff. (Schtuff has included me gluing bits of balsa wood together for a bird house. I really hope no birds decide to take up residence as I'm sure it's not up to code. )
Sounds like fun! And

Quote:
On the AP Front: Nothing ... yet, but I think he's keen we've just not had a chance to talk about it. Going to go gather more pricing (a.k.a ammunition).
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #3029
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Oooh, I hadn't even thought about those options.
Then there is always my ultimate WDW fantasy... Chef's Table at V&A's.

Quote:
I can vouch for awesomely low crowds on party days. Really though, I think anything lower than a 5 is pretty darn manageable. We did the MK on a 10 day over New Years. It was actually a breeze until about 10:30 but after that
omg, that is just craziness!! I don't think I could handle crowds like that.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #3030
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

We were at MK on Dec 30, it had to have been a 10 day, we were with the band. Walked through the turnstiles around 9 and took a group pic in front of the wall. It was was super busy all day, we were amazed at the number of people who had fast passes for Buzz at 9:30 am!! Anyway, while it was very busy and we had about 100 people in our group..,everyone did everything they wanted to do. Even got a walk-up dinner for 5 at The Plaza at 5:45!

I figure if we managed that, plus NYE at Epcot, we can pretty much handle anything!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: