Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #2836
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Thank You My Friends

Trying to catch up once again

Jeanette love the picture of HRH! Hope DD6 is feeling better today

If I missed anyone know your thoughts are appreciated

Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day!

Sheila

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #2837
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Happy Valentine's Day to all of my lovely RC pals.

Melissa: Poor kiddo. Glad the tylenol is helping.

Jeanette: Just what have you done?!

Seriously, what? We're dyin' with anticipation over here.

Sheila:

~~-------------------------~~

Miss M is back at school. Phew.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #2838
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Whatever you cruisin' folk decide, just don't go with Carnival...

Jen: Wow, I can't believe that figure. Need another one of these faces:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #2839
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Hope all our RC kiddos are feeling much better today!!! Sick kids are no fun!

My Diva trip is less than 2 weeks away. I have all my tee shirts ready .... a different color for each day, my tiara for the princess picture, flights and hotel booked .... now I just need to pick up the candy for the snack table at the Meet n Greet.

After DL I'll be heading to Santa Monica to visit for a couple of days with DD and DS .... of course there might be a little time on the beach!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #2840
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Happy Valentines Day to all. Justin saying last night...I don't like Valentines Day, just give me some chocolate - discounted the next day! ( that's a 15 year old boy for you.

Brendan, the 19 year old in college- called last night and said that his fraternity was doing a fundraiser where they sing songs -mainly the chorus- for V'day. Minimum of 5 for 5- and try made 300-, not bad for just kind of throwing it together

Hope everyone is feeling better soon
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #2841
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

...as promised, and in honor of Valentines Day (for those of you not on FB), here is the pic of DH and I, circa 1996....note the Mickey vest and bowtie. A keeper I say.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #2842
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Candace I just love this picture ... what a cute couple you two are!!! And you are right he is a keeper!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #2843
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Linda: Very exciting about your upcoming Divas trip! (Well, and the beach part, too.)

DetTigsGal: about the discounted candy!

Candace: Ah, you two are so cute. (Your fancy column beats our fancy column hands-down; ours was topped with a hospital-like arrangement. We were keepin' it classy in Baltimore. )
Old 02-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #2844
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Linda: Very exciting about your upcoming Divas trip! (Well, and the beach part, too.)

DetTigsGal: about the discounted candy!

Candace: Ah, you two are so cute. (Your fancy column beats our fancy column hands-down; ours was topped with a hospital-like arrangement. We were keepin' it classy in Baltimore. )
OOOH, I can imagine. I've seen my moms prom pics....she went to Northwestern H.S. in B-More, class of 1975

....and the talk of the fancy columns reminds me of "fancy sauce"...have you seen Stepbrothers????

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #2845
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Happy Valentines Day to all. Justin saying last night...I don't like Valentines Day, just give me some chocolate - discounted the next day! ( that's a 15 year old boy for you.

Brendan, the 19 year old in college- called last night and said that his fraternity was doing a fundraiser where they sing songs -mainly the chorus- for V'day. Minimum of 5 for 5- and try made 300-, not bad for just kind of throwing it together

Hope everyone is feeling better soon
Your Justin seems like a good shopper already (although when he has a girlfriend ... hope he doesn't keep the same rule )

For your Brendan... whatever they ended up raising for charity will be fantastic!! Sometimes wingin' is perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
...as promised, and in honor of Valentines Day (for those of you not on FB), here is the pic of DH and I, circa 1996....note the Mickey vest and bowtie. A keeper I say.

Candance, your DH is a bona fide keeper!! : Love the photo!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #2846
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
It's okay to have those yummy sounding brownies... you can work it out at your next torture session with Ron Weasley.
I'm going to need physical assistance leaving the gym tomorrow, I think. Weasley is going to beat me up.

I love how Linda calls you when Jeanette's being naughty. You're our very own RC Batwoman. You need a little logo for us to shine into the air when something's gone awry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

This last weekend was Sci-fi Con in Dallas and I was so sad we missed it. Well they just announced the first guest for Comic Con in May and it is William Shattner. I am like just-been-given-a-free-WDW-trip-excited. I've already told the DH we are getting the advanced VIP tickets, and I will get his autograph if not a picture made with him.
So you're a Kirk woman, eh? (Although I'm not a Trekkie, I'd love to see Patrick Stewart on stage... he could read the phone book for all I care.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
OOOH, I can imagine. I've seen my moms prom pics....she went to Northwestern H.S. in B-More, class of 1975

....and the talk of the fancy columns reminds me of "fancy sauce"...have you seen Stepbrothers????
We actually went to B-more for an "exotic prom locale" (Inner Harbor) -- that's what growing up outside D.C. gets you, Baltimore's an exotic locale. Did she have a fancy column in her pictures too?!

I had to look up Stepbrothers. It coincided with the Cinema Blackhole we experienced for the first 4 years after Miss M was born -- so we haven't seen it. (The only things we could manage were 30-60 minute shows, before either falling asleep or having to pause them 10+ times.) I'm scared to ask what "fancy sauce" is.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #2847
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's all good now, but I've had quite a week. Mon I got a flurry of legal notices, basically saying we hadn't paid our rent. We always do, and had, of course.

So, the last few days have been spent getting it straightened out. I paid online via THEIR website on time as usual, and I always print a copy. After a lot of back and forth, checking, they finally said they were very, very sorry, they "found" the $$. They had been paid (no duh) but they didn't apply the $$ to the proper account.
Ok, that's good, but I still wanted a letter of apology stating it was their mistake, we had done nothing wrong, and we continue to be in good standing. I finally got the letter this morning. They've corrected everything. Persistence pays!
Hubster thinks I'm amazing...I managed not to lose my cool, just insist that everything be corrected legally.

I need a vacation!

Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day! Hugs to you all!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #2848
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
HELP!!! HELP!!! Where's Janet? Does she need to do an intervention? Do not change those Nov dates! Adding a summer trip is okay but .......... keep Nov and Dec!
How about August and December DH said he is not dieting to NOT sit by a pool I am actively searching certain offsite locales...

Quote:
HERE I AM LINDA!!

Pas!!! Two weeks and you are having withdrawal!! Knew it couldn't last much longer.... But as agree with Mama Linda.. no changing the November trip... it's perfect!!

Peeps, it's a dangerous day, Pas is off work ... soooo who knows what will happen??

I HAVE LOST IT BFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have HRH CL booked AND just in case 2 rooms POR RR on courtesy hols for August ...and the November Poly

Quote:
Pas, happy that Kate is much better and at school! Fingers crossed you won't get a call (you are not a bad mommey)

Love our Bree-ism saying for the day! And for 15 lbs!!
Love ya

Quote:
Jeanette: Just what have you done?!

Seriously, what? We're dyin' with anticipation over here.

:

Glad Miss M is back at school....Kate is too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Hope all our RC kiddos are feeling much better today!!! Sick kids are no fun!

My Diva trip is less than 2 weeks away. I have all my tee shirts ready .... a different color for each day, my tiara for the princess picture, flights and hotel booked .... now I just need to pick up the candy for the snack table at the Meet n Greet.

After DL I'll be heading to Santa Monica to visit for a couple of days with DD and DS .... of course there might be a little time on the beach!!!
My mama the perpetual traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post

WOW! Great job!!!!

[QUOTE=Missoutandabout;47506231
I love how Linda calls you when Jeanette's being naughty. You're our very own RC Batwoman. You need a little logo for us to shine into the air when something's gone awry.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't count as a change if I still hold my original rservation...does it??? I know am picturing Janet as SuperGirl with RC on her chest instead of S

Candace Love the prom pic
Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #2849
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Happy Valentine's Day!

It's all good now, but I've had quite a week. Mon I got a flurry of legal notices, basically saying we hadn't paid our rent. We always do, and had, of course.

So, the last few days have been spent getting it straightened out. I paid online via THEIR website on time as usual, and I always print a copy. After a lot of back and forth, checking, they finally said they were very, very sorry, they "found" the $$. They had been paid (no duh) but they didn't apply the $$ to the proper account.
Ok, that's good, but I still wanted a letter of apology stating it was their mistake, we had done nothing wrong, and we continue to be in good standing. I finally got the letter this morning. They've corrected everything. Persistence pays!
Hubster thinks I'm amazing...I managed not to lose my cool, just insist that everything be corrected legally.

I need a vacation!

Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day! Hugs to you all!
What a headache! That happened to me with our mortgage, it wassent to "unapplied funds" somewhere...ugh. Glad it's fixed AND you have an apology!!!

BTW You ARE amazing!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #2850
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm going to need physical assistance leaving the gym tomorrow, I think. Weasley is going to beat me up.

So you're a Kirk woman, eh? (Although I'm not a Trekkie, I'd love to see Patrick Stewart on stage... he could read the phone book for all I care.)

We actually went to B-more for an "exotic prom locale" (Inner Harbor) -- that's what growing up outside D.C. gets you, Baltimore's an exotic locale. Did she have a fancy column in her pictures too?!

I had to look up Stepbrothers. It coincided with the Cinema Blackhole we experienced for the first 4 years after Miss M was born -- so we haven't seen it. (The only things we could manage were 30-60 minute shows, before either falling asleep or having to pause them 10+ times.) I'm scared to ask what "fancy sauce" is.
You HAVE to watch Stepbrothers (extended, unedited version)...you will learn all about the fancy sauce, and see a pretty hilarious movie while doing it!

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: