Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #2791
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Now we're all .....
Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #2792
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ok first....here's hoping for a quick recovery for Miss M!!!
Sick kids are no fun.

Ok, so, where do I start....well, you guys know that our non-Disney loving friends are now joining us for a good portion of our trip....

I am super happy, because we love them...and they are starting to get excited about the trip...but, I am slightly stressed because I want the trip to be perfect so that they will be lovers too.

My BFF is already spending a lot of money on this trip, and NOT telling her DH how much...she would love to upgrade to CL with us but that would be REALLY, REALLY bad....so, I went from wishing for a magical upgrade for them to actively trying to make it happen (though she has said that if there is a room available upon check in, she'll just pay for it at that time)....

So, I had our reservations linked in the Disney system. I have made a few reservations for all 9 of us through IPO and they have had no problems doing that....

And, a couple of weeks ago, I sent a handwritten letter to the GM of the YC/BC explaining the situation and that I want this trip to be perfect for my friends so they will love Disney as much as us....I never expected a response....just figured I could know I did everything possible...

Well, today I was at work and got a missed call on my cell with a 407 area code...I knew it was Orlando!!! No message....
I called the number back and got a lovely lady at the "front desk" of the YC who had no idea who called me...

Got home...missed call from WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! No message!!!

I was going crazy!!! Then I got an email....from the asst. GM at YC/BC...letting me know that they got my letter and appreciate my mission and want to help. He/she (can't tell from the name) said they will personally make sure that the trip is magical and then asked a bunch of questions about our group....specifically asking if we were family or just friends and whether we would mind connected or same rooms????

I don't know what this all means but he/she said that they will be in touch and that they were very excited for our arrival!!!

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it sounds good, right????

Now, I'm all
HOLY CRACKER CANDACE....how suspenseful!!

P.S. minor update just booked the Omni Parker House!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #2793
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
HOLY CRACKER CANDACE....how suspenseful!!

P.S. minor update just booked the Omni Parker House!!
Yay for the Omni Parker!!! Apparently, you should try to make it to their brunch....supposedly amazing!!!

Yeah, I don't know what to think....trying not to think too much...but, it's hard not too...I'm just shocked that they even responded. Didn't expect that.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #2794
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Mousemommy - That definitely sounds good. Can't wait to hear more! How exciting!!!!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #2795
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay for the Omni Parker!!! Apparently, you should try to make it to their brunch....supposedly amazing!!!

Yeah, I don't know what to think....trying not to think too much...but, it's hard not too...I'm just shocked that they even responded. Didn't expect that.
Well, it goes to show you that they really do take the time to respond to guests, and that is amazing considering how many pass through the turnstiles.
Your brain will be on over load for the next 2 months! How are you going to stand it???

Yes, I am glad we are booked there, I think Disney has made us want to have not just a stay somewhere anymore, but an experience.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #2796
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Well, it goes to show you that they really do take the time to respond to guests, and that is amazing considering how many pass through the turnstiles.
Your brain will be on over load for the next 2 months! How are you going to stand it???

Yes, I am glad we are booked there, I think Disney has made us want to have not just a stay somewhere anymore, but an experience.
It does make me feel like I'm not just another $$. It makes me feel like I am a person...this is why I love Disney!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #2797
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

MM - that's amazing!!! I can't wait to hear about it. You are definitely going to have to do a live report!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #2798
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Ok first....here's hoping for a quick recovery for Miss M!!!
Sick kids are no fun.

Ok, so, where do I start....well, you guys know that our non-Disney loving friends are now joining us for a good portion of our trip....

I am super happy, because we love them...and they are starting to get excited about the trip...but, I am slightly stressed because I want the trip to be perfect so that they will be lovers too.

My BFF is already spending a lot of money on this trip, and NOT telling her DH how much...she would love to upgrade to CL with us but that would be REALLY, REALLY bad....so, I went from wishing for a magical upgrade for them to actively trying to make it happen (though she has said that if there is a room available upon check in, she'll just pay for it at that time)....

So, I had our reservations linked in the Disney system. I have made a few reservations for all 9 of us through IPO and they have had no problems doing that....

And, a couple of weeks ago, I sent a handwritten letter to the GM of the YC/BC explaining the situation and that I want this trip to be perfect for my friends so they will love Disney as much as us....I never expected a response....just figured I could know I did everything possible...

Well, today I was at work and got a missed call on my cell with a 407 area code...I knew it was Orlando!!! No message....
I called the number back and got a lovely lady at the "front desk" of the YC who had no idea who called me...

Got home...missed call from WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! No message!!!

I was going crazy!!! Then I got an email....from the asst. GM at YC/BC...letting me know that they got my letter and appreciate my mission and want to help. He/she (can't tell from the name) said they will personally make sure that the trip is magical and then asked a bunch of questions about our group....specifically asking if we were family or just friends and whether we would mind connected or same rooms????

I don't know what this all means but he/she said that they will be in touch and that they were very excited for our arrival!!!

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it sounds good, right????

Now, I'm all
How exciting!! I hoped linking your ressies would help spread some magic their way. I can't wait to hear what exactly happens.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-13-2013, 05:17 AM   #2799
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Now we're all .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Mousemommy - That definitely sounds good. Can't wait to hear more! How exciting!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
MM - that's amazing!!! I can't wait to hear about it. You are definitely going to have to do a live report!
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
How exciting!! I hoped linking your ressies would help spread some magic their way. I can't wait to hear what exactly happens.
I'm not going to get my hopes up, though I admit to having a very active imagination!

I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 02-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #2800
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not going to get my hopes up, though I admit to having a very active imagination!

I'll let you know if I hear anything else.
Here's my hope.......2 bedroom suite The YC 2br suite we were in was a 1BR with an attached room.....
Old 02-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #2801
pas130
DIS Veteran

Good morning all!!! Nursing a very sick DD6 today My guess is pneumonia....ugh. Always something! But I wanted to let you all know HRH did FANTASTIC in her orchestra debut And all of us enjoyed it! In true Princess fashion...she was the only one to get a dozen roses from her Daddy at the end of the performance
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #2802
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Here's my hope.......2 bedroom suite The YC 2br suite we were in was a 1BR with an attached room.....
OOOOHhhh.....I think I would

HRH looks adorable BTW!

Well, got another email from asst. GM this morning...

He said that my letter really made him smile, and that he is glad that we are coming and that he is overseeing our reservations and that "our whole party will be well taken care of".

I'm excited. But, even if its just balloons in the room or something, that would be so cool!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #2803
pas130
DIS Veteran

For Sheila
Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #2804
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OOOOHhhh.....I think I would

HRH looks adorable BTW!

Well, got another email from asst. GM this morning...

He said that my letter really made him smile, and that he is glad that we are coming and that "our whole party will be well taken care of".

I'm excited. But, even if its just balloons in the room or something, that would be so cool!!!
It's hard not to get super excited, I am sure....but exactly that..even if just balloons....it'snice to have the extra
Old 02-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #2805
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Sheila, My friend thinking of you and your Shawn and Jason especially today~love, Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: