Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #2731
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Kook: This sounds great!!

So.... our summer camping trip has turned back into a trip to Boston...

Yes the camping didn't last long, I know!

Have a great Monday, hope you have all dug out of the snow and are no longer stuck.
Jen

You are a true resort changer, Jen. How in the world did this evolve from camping in a tent to a hotel in Boston? Does this mean the kids get to throw out those agreements they signed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Sounds like a good trip. I had no clue what Sturdy Branches was, so I had to Google it. That's awesome that you will be able to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Yay for a change!!! And yay for Sturdy Branches although I only have used the shower Happy camper.... I feel a CR room may open up...with a discount but it would be the GP RO right?? 20% I love AKL..and FW
When the Queen approves a change, you know you're OK. Actually, we could have chosen just about anything the first 3 nights. The last 5 are during the discount blackout for spring break (though AAA might be available, IDK), but I knew I could get an SOG overflow since they're full. Since it was only for 3 nights and not the whole stay, I thought that trying something new before something new might be fun and exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
[B]

My sorta-plan is doing MK on two party nights and possibly DHS (Miss M's favourite) which will use only one day of our NE tickets. Spending the rest of the time touring resorts, possibly. That'd leave 3 days on the NE tickets and that's the same amount of park time we did back in January. Ooooo, resort buddies! Think you all might be going at the same time next year?!

Kook: AKL-CL? Shouldn't that be "AKL-CL Until the CR Bug Comes to Bite"? Where's Heather when we need her? She's always good at the AKL-CL convincing.
I like your plan! I've been re-reading Heather's (hstrickland's) FWC and AKL/CL TRs, but I couldn't find any lounge food photos. I'll have to PM her about those...
Old 02-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #2732
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Just a quick hello to my RC family

Looking quickly I see KOOK's change, have I missed anyone else's change? I know Miss booked CR. I am helplessly behind, I guess that is the price I pay for going to Disney

I am hoping to work on my TR tonight but I have some baking to catch up on, so who knows.

Miss you all!!!
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #2733
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

So we always eat at 50s PT when we are at HS. Thinking of changing it up a bit. It's been about 15 years since I've eaten at Sci Fi .... opinions???
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #2734
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So we always eat at 50s PT when we are at HS. Thinking of changing it up a bit. It's been about 15 years since I've eaten at Sci Fi .... opinions???
We ate at Sci Fi in July, and we really liked it!!! Really yummy burgers and shakes, and the atmosphere was too cool. We would definitely eat there again.

We are actually giving 50's PT a chance in April. Hoping we like it!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #2735
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We ate at Sci Fi in July, and we really liked it!!! Really yummy burgers and shakes, and the atmosphere was too cool. We would definitely eat there again.

We are actually giving 50's PT a chance in April. Hoping we like it!
Review I just read said the milkshakes are better at 50's PT so that just might do it for DD and I .... love those shakes!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #2736
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: Hi there! I know the DH's talk us down, at least mine does. He really really (not kidding) thinks I am loopy. But that's ok, I don't mind! If he went along with all of my schemes we might be in trouble! I think your park/resort plan sound great! You guys don't overdo it, and take time to smell the roses which is great.

Jen
We're all in good company here... all of us being certifiably loopy, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Ugh but I did a DIS search of BC vs. Poly....I need help

Glad I bought a change of clothes Then we all warmed up and told ghost stories...one of the EMTs is a Paranormal investigator..mind you I couldn't sleep until 4a...I got paid for that campout
Step away from the search engine, step away. *woop, woooooop*

I woulda needed help falling asleep after that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
And Miss, had NO idea until you told me that Jeannette had posted about it too... guess great minds think alike...

So I'm the Oompa loompas freak, topping out at 5'6" i guess!

Miss M should be fine at CG...Sam was 8 the first time we went, and she really enjoyed the food and being able to see/hear wishes!!
You are the tallest of us Oompas. Of course, instead of Wonka, I've got the Ewok / C3PO scene in my head now.

Oh, I forgot about Wishes! Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So I was playing around on other threads and happened to find this link for comparing using the DP and paying out of pocket. Here it is if anyone is interested.
Good thing that calculator doesn't have a way to figure out adult beverages.

How's ol' Samwise doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
so right bff.... too funny when Miss sent me the text back only to find out we were both double teaming up on her!
Our RC Evil Twins... We just wouldn't have it any other way.

Melissa: Welcome back!

~~-----------------------~~

So, Miss M had a playdate here at the house yesterday. Which I had prepared for by frantically cleaning and organizing for the previous week and through the weekend. (I won't mention how it looks now. ) Miss M has never had anyone over for a playdate before; needless to say, she was excited. She woke up at 6am and graciously let mommy and daddy sleep in until 8am.

She stalked the front window most of the afternoon. When her friend arrived, they had a blast creating chaos from 2-5pm. Now, let me interject with this little tidbit: you know the type of kids who have fallen asleep during their meals or in strollers, etc? That's not Miss M. She's not had a nap since shortly after she turned 2. She does go to bed relatively early but from sunrise until then, it's motormouth and non-stop GO GO GO. So, when her friend leaves, she goes and flops on the sofa, mentions that it was the "best day of her life" and then yawns. Shortly thereafter, she didn't want to eat her dinner (pasta with marinara, which is like totally not like her to turn down any meal containing any variation of noodles) and says she wants to go to bed. This was the immediate expression on hubs' and my faces followed by: She was in bed by 6:15. I warned hubs she'd be up early.

We go to bed at 1am -- like total idiots -- and get woken up by the overhead light being turned on at 3:30am and what appeared to be a blurry version of my child sticking her finger on her front tooth whilst saying something I couldn't understand until my brain kicked into "barely functioning" mode and I took my earplugs out. She had chosen that very-appropriate hour to show us her loose front tooth.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #2737
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're all in good company here... all of us being certifiably loopy, of course.

Step away from the search engine, step away. *woop, woooooop*

I woulda needed help falling asleep after that, too.

You are the tallest of us Oompas. Of course, instead of Wonka, I've got the Ewok / C3PO scene in my head now.

Oh, I forgot about Wishes! Hmmm.

Good thing that calculator doesn't have a way to figure out adult beverages.

How's ol' Samwise doing?

Our RC Evil Twins... We just wouldn't have it any other way.

Melissa: Welcome back!

~~-----------------------~~

So, Miss M had a playdate here at the house yesterday. Which I had prepared for by frantically cleaning and organizing for the previous week and through the weekend. (I won't mention how it looks now. ) Miss M has never had anyone over for a playdate before; needless to say, she was excited. She woke up at 6am and graciously let mommy and daddy sleep in until 8am.

She stalked the front window most of the afternoon. When her friend arrived, they had a blast creating chaos from 2-5pm. Now, let me interject with this little tidbit: you know the type of kids who have fallen asleep during their meals or in strollers, etc? That's not Miss M. She's not had a nap since shortly after she turned 2. She does go to bed relatively early but from sunrise until then, it's motormouth and non-stop GO GO GO. So, when her friend leaves, she goes and flops on the sofa, mentions that it was the "best day of her life" and then yawns. Shortly thereafter, she didn't want to eat her dinner (pasta with marinara, which is like totally not like her to turn down any meal containing any variation of noodles) and says she wants to go to bed. This was the immediate expression on hubs' and my faces followed by: She was in bed by 6:15. I warned hubs she'd be up early.

We go to bed at 1am -- like total idiots -- and get woken up by the overhead light being turned on at 3:30am and what appeared to be a blurry version of my child sticking her finger on her front tooth whilst saying something I couldn't understand until my brain kicked into "barely functioning" mode and I took my earplugs out. She had chosen that very-appropriate hour to show us her loose front tooth.
Love it!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #2738
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

She had gotten her 9 hours and it was time for show and tell! Great story and great memory, thanks for sharing it with us and giving me a good story to tell at dinner
Old 02-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #2739
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Miss~that was hilarious. You will remember that one for a long time, just like I remember a time we were back home and J was little- it was the summer Cars came out. We had been at Lake Michigan all day, DH and B went somewhere, we went to McDonalds, bounced the ball in the driveway and J is like I'm tired..it's 6:30. I get him in bed, set the cd cars up and he is out by the first song!! Lucky for us, he did not get up at 3am!!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #2740
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Miss - that is absolutely hysterical!!!! She is too much!!!!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #2741
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I love that we are discussing our 2014 vacation plans in our house right now....and those plans are all of a sudden very Disney-centric and will probably involve the renewal of our annual passes.....

My DH won't admit it, but he's not ready for the world outside of the WORLD just yet.

I think it's because he travels enough for work and Disney is just our happy place....but these talks make me happy.....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #2742
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Miss, this made me burst out laughing!! LOVE IT!!

I love that you organized and cleaned for a week prior to the play date ... it reminded me of a time long ago when my DS years announced he wanted to have this 2 friends over... he hemmed a bit before saying to me "mom, can you clean up the house before they come over?" that he was questioning my housekeeping skills was a little jolt but ... he happened to be right on with his assessment

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #2743
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just a quick hello to my RC family

Looking quickly I see KOOK's change, have I missed anyone else's change? I know Miss booked CR. I am helplessly behind, I guess that is the price I pay for going to Disney

I am hoping to work on my TR tonight but I have some baking to catch up on, so who knows.

Miss you all!!!
Melissa

Baking? I want to be at your house.

How about this...
You do the baking, and I'll take care of the dishes and the eating.

Quote:

She is just too cute!! 3:30 AM though? Actually no matter what time, showing me the loose tooth would make me

Quote:
I love that we are discussing our 2014 vacation plans in our house right now....and those plans are all of a sudden very Disney-centric and will probably involve the renewal of our annual passes.....

My DH won't admit it, but he's not ready for the world outside of the WORLD just yet.

I think it's because he travels enough for work and Disney is just our happy place....but these talks make me happy.....
Sweet!! I wish I could get my DH to think about Disney like that. I'll just have to be happy with him being "obsessed" with going to WDW this year.

As far as vacation next year, I am thinking Gettysburg and maybe Hersey. My DH is a huge history buff, especially Civil War history. I had thought about going this summer, but with the 150th anniversary being this summer, I assume it'll be busier. I think it'll be a nice treat, since he's letting me do WDW two years in a row. Plus we have some friends that live not too far from there, who we used to play WoW with. The wife has been asking that we come up and spend time with them.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #2744
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Wookie- I'm working on the framework of our June/July Disney trip. Since this is part of a summer vacation it takes on extra things. So, the first stop is Gettysburg and the second stop is the Charleston
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #2745
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

2014!

Here's what we've got planned.....3 night cruise to Bahamas on the Disney Dream...leaving 2/20/14....then, the parks 2/23/14-3/2/14 (resort TBD).

I think I may be putting the deposit on the cruise this week!!!!!

The cruise is DH requirement.

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: