Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #2716
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Happy Monday to all of you. I have missed LOTS of things, it appears.

What a long weekend. I believe I need a vacation to recover...

Janet & Jeanette: You two make me laugh my butt off, seriously... got a text from Janet (albeit late because my phone was dead) and Jeanette's post about changing my dates to a couple days letter. Full-court press, you two. Never say never! It gives me something to do anyway... I'll be perusing the school calendar.

GG: Samwise is flippin' ADORABLE! Thanks to Christine for posting that pic.

Candace: Ahhhh, look at those gorgeous little snow angels! Did they tire of playing in the snow over the weekend? You're my short pal at 5'3" ... though I tower over you with my extra 2". Us Oompa Loompas have to stick together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
2 parties. Not insane. Awesome. Even moreso if it helps to get that Holiday trip in. I'm thinking we will be needing to get that one last hurrah out of our APs which exprire 1/4/14 so maybe we can be resort buddies again.
My sorta-plan is doing MK on two party nights and possibly DHS (Miss M's favourite) which will use only one day of our NE tickets. Spending the rest of the time touring resorts, possibly. That'd leave 3 days on the NE tickets and that's the same amount of park time we did back in January. Ooooo, resort buddies! Think you all might be going at the same time next year?!

Jen: Your hubs is being the voice of reason! Sounds like something my hubs'd do. We've kinda shied away from the PHs in the past for the reasons you mentioned. I almost got them this last time due to us knowing we'd be at either BC or YC. Though to be honest, with the exception of one evening, we never really felt we would have benefited from them. I'm sure when Miss M gets older, that'll change though. We decided against the AP tickets last year for exactly the thing Padawans said, you kinda feel obligated to go and get your money's worth... with me and my commitment issues. ( Too many ADRs come to mind )

Magic: Will you be regaling us with pics of the Deluxe room? (To make me wish I had booked that instead of just the regular garden view? ) Can't wait to hear how you like it. Have you stayed in the wing before? Coming up very soon...

Kook: AKL-CL? Shouldn't that be "AKL-CL Until the CR Bug Comes to Bite"? Where's Heather when we need her? She's always good at the AKL-CL convincing.

How are our other snow bunnies doing? Sheila, DetTigsGal, Pumba, Debrn? How much snow did you get, Dani? Sheila, I hope they've come to dig your driveways out today.

to all the new RCers. It's always fun to have new "faces" to chit-chat with.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #2717
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Happy Monday to all of you. I have missed LOTS of things, it appears.

What a long weekend. I believe I need a vacation to recover...

Janet & Jeanette: You two make me laugh my butt off, seriously... got a text from Janet (albeit late because my phone was dead) and Jeanette's post about changing my dates to a couple days letter. Full-court press, you two. Never say never! It gives me something to do anyway... I'll be perusing the school calendar.

GG: Samwise is flippin' ADORABLE! Thanks to Christine for posting that pic.

Candace: Ahhhh, look at those gorgeous little snow angels! Did they tire of playing in the snow over the weekend? You're my short pal at 5'3" ... though I tower over you with my extra 2". Us Oompa Loompas have to stick together.

My sorta-plan is doing MK on two party nights and possibly DHS (Miss M's favourite) which will use only one day of our NE tickets. Spending the rest of the time touring resorts, possibly. That'd leave 3 days on the NE tickets and that's the same amount of park time we did back in January. Ooooo, resort buddies! Think you all might be going at the same time next year?!

Jen: Your hubs is being the voice of reason! Sounds like something my hubs'd do. We've kinda shied away from the PHs in the past for the reasons you mentioned. I almost got them this last time due to us knowing we'd be at either BC or YC. Though to be honest, with the exception of one evening, we never really felt we would have benefited from them. I'm sure when Miss M gets older, that'll change though. We decided against the AP tickets last year for exactly the thing Padawans said, you kinda feel obligated to go and get your money's worth... with me and my commitment issues. ( Too many ADRs come to mind )

Magic: Will you be regaling us with pics of the Deluxe room? (To make me wish I had booked that instead of just the regular garden view? ) Can't wait to hear how you like it. Have you stayed in the wing before? Coming up very soon...

Kook: AKL-CL? Shouldn't that be "AKL-CL Until the CR Bug Comes to Bite"? Where's Heather when we need her? She's always good at the AKL-CL convincing.

How are our other snow bunnies doing? Sheila, DetTigsGal, Pumba, Debrn? How much snow did you get, Dani? Sheila, I hope they've come to dig your driveways out today.

to all the new RCers. It's always fun to have new "faces" to chit-chat with.
oompa loompas!!!!

The girls did not last long outside. On Saturday, I think it was about 17 minutes...It was 15 degrees outside...DD6 literally had some icicles on her eyelashes.
Yesterday though, they lasted about an hour before coming in and demanding hot chocolate.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #2718
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Wookie: My was omitted from the previous reply. That's all for BC, by the way. Because I can't do that enough for BC. Did you ever find a way to get the DisBoards app on your Kindle?

~~------------------------~~

So, what do you experts think about kids at California Grill? (Sorta related, Miss M had a really nice time at Bluezoo.) I might-maybe try for an ADR at CG on our arrival night.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #2719
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
oompa loompas!!!!

The girls did not last long outside. On Saturday, I think it was about 17 minutes...It was 15 degrees outside...DD6 literally had some icicles on her eyelashes.
Yesterday though, they lasted about an hour before coming in and demanding hot chocolate.
Playing in the snow and hot chocolate. That's the best combo. I miss those days!

What is wrong with you, Chicagoland?! Most we've had all winter is 4" and it rained all day yesterday so it's melted already.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #2720
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Catching up with you all!! and my eye did catch "road trip" and "moonshine" Back to that soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Janet B- I can't post pics on here. I have some on fb...if you pm me I can either friend you or text you some.
Thanks for texting me your pix!! there's just something so beautiful about a snow storm... am I crazy but I love a good one!

Quote:
Beautiful, hahahahahaha

Candace, THANK YOU!! The Girls must of had a blast outside!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
See janet just another reason you need a FB page!
HEY MAMA LINDA'S PICKING ON ME!!

So there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
JanetB... love that you got some to play in!
not enough Magic.... and today it's rain...so dreary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Hey guys. I am way too far behind to try to catch up. We are snowed in but all good. Didn't lose power, but I got a snow day from work today.
hi Dani... hope you cuddled with the kids!

Quote:
A day off work is always good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

6ish inches...thankfully not too bad, spent hrs doing snowball wars..not a bad night at work

All good in NJ BFF
snowball wars when working.... sounds like a great night at work...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #2721
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Miss: Hi there! I know the DH's talk us down, at least mine does. He really really (not kidding) thinks I am loopy. But that's ok, I don't mind! If he went along with all of my schemes we might be in trouble! I think your park/resort plan sound great! You guys don't overdo it, and take time to smell the roses which is great.

Jen
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #2722
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Pas: is right. See how all over the map I am? I have lost my wallet in the past couple of days about 3 times (then found it...) and keep jumping from one trip to the other. DH told me yesterday I was giving him a migraine. "I know you love all this, but I can't take it anymore!" he said. Ooopsie.
I sent DH my daily pix of the countdown from the WDW website...proof I haven't changed....

Ugh but I did a DIS search of BC vs. Poly....I need help

Quote:
And unintentional She's not my BFF for nothin...we are in sync (now I have a boy band in my head)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Catching up with you all!! and my eye did catch "road trip" and "moonshine" Back to that soon!!

Quote:
snowball wars when working.... sounds like a great night at work...
Glad I bought a change of clothes Then we all warmed up and told ghost stories...one of the EMTs is a Paranormal investigator..mind you I couldn't sleep until 4a.... I got paid for that campout

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #2723
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[B] Janet & Jeanette: You two make me laugh my butt off, seriously... got a text from Janet (albeit late because my phone was dead) and Jeanette's post about changing my dates to a couple days letter. Full-court press, you two. Never say never! It gives me something to do anyway... I'll be perusing the school calendar.
And Miss, had NO idea until you told me that Jeannette had posted about it too... guess great minds think alike....

Quote:
So I'm the Oompa loompas freak, topping out at 5'6" i guess!

Quote:
oompa loompas!!!!

Good old fashioned fun!! Those were the days!!

Quote:
So, what do you experts think about kids at California Grill? (Sorta related, Miss M had a really nice time at Bluezoo.) I might-maybe try for an ADR at CG on our arrival night.
Miss M should be fine at CG...Sam was 8 the first time we went, and she really enjoyed the food and being able to see/hear wishes!!

TY Kook!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #2724
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

So I was playing around on other threads and happened to find this link for comparing using the DP and paying out of pocket. Here it is if anyone is interested.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13605377727882
Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #2725
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I sent DH my daily pix of the countdown from the WDW website...proof I haven't changed....
Ugh but I did a DIS search of BC vs. Poly....I need help
Pas, we are where for you .... just turn your ressie over to me, and you can play around all you want...

Quote:
And unintentional She's not my BFF for nothin...we are in sync (now I have a boy band in my head)
so right bff.... too funny when Miss sent me the text back only to find out we were both double teaming up on her!!

Quote:
Glad I bought a change of clothes Then we all warmed up and told ghost stories...one of the EMTs is a Paranormal investigator..mind you I couldn't sleep until 4a.... I got paid for that campout
Cool...that's sound like it was fun (and a little creepy)... I would of been jumping at every noise after those stories...

TY Kook!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #2726
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pas, we are where for you .... just turn your ressie over to me, and you can play around all you want...

so right bff.... too funny when Miss sent me the text back only to find out we were both double teaming up on her!!

Cool...that's sound like it was fun (and a little creepy)... I would of been jumping at every noise after those stories...
That is crazy!!! Yes take away this ressie PLUEEZE..Brian will thank you Poly poly poly

People started going to bed and I was like YOU are not leaving until I fall asleep then the lights flickered when we were chatting... I am sure it was the wind...but yikes

Good morning Mama

Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #2727
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is crazy!!! Yes take away this ressie PLUEEZE..Brian will thank you Poly poly poly

People started going to bed and I was like YOU are not leaving until I fall asleep then the lights flickered when we were chatting... I am sure it was the wind...but yikes

Good morning Mama
Good Morning back at you!!! I want to plan my Nov trip .... but I CAN'T!!! I have to wait until 7 months out!!! So everyone keep planning and changing cuzz I'm sitting here with nothing to do!!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #2728
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning back at you!!! I want to plan my Nov trip .... but I CAN'T!!! I have to wait until 7 months out!!! So everyone keep planning and changing cuzz I'm sitting here with nothing to do!!
I think that's my problem....I have the trip I want but need something to change...come on ADR window...hurry

Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #2729
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Wookie: My was omitted from the previous reply. That's all for BC, by the way. Because I can't do that enough for BC. Did you ever find a way to get the DisBoards app on your Kindle?
Thanks!! We are really excited about it. The DSs and I are trying to figure out how to squeeze in as much time at SAB as we can get. Every time I log into the DIS on my Kindle, it says there's an app and asks if I want to download it. When I click that I do, it takes me to the Amazon app store and it says that it's not available. I'll just have to keep going through the web to get to it.

Quote:
We had our kids at the CG this past June. They were more teenagers at 14 & 13. I believe I remember the table next to us having small children, or at least I remember seeing them near our table. It's hard to remember because if they were really there (and I'm not remembering wrong) they were super quiet. I think as long as their well behaved and you think they can find something on the menu they will eat, go for it. Especially if you make a late one, where you have a chance of being seated near the window during Wishes. We were that lucky on our visit there, and it is one of my greatest moments ever!!

Quote:
So I was playing around on other threads and happened to find this link for comparing using the DP and paying out of pocket. Here it is if anyone is interested.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13605377727882
Thank you!! I'll have to read that when I get back from the bank and store. The DH is making me get out in this cold weather (52 F) to run a few errands. Personally, I would still rather be in bed. Oh well, at least I was able to change my ticker to show the new arrival date.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #2730
Debrn
Mouseketeer

We ended up with about 28 inches. All plowed out kids actually had school today since we only have 2 schools in town easier clean up. All the local towns are still off. Kids were disappointed but less time to make up at the end of year so they can get to camp as soon as school ends.

So I changed my ressie this am again. My BFF had points at AKL so we are doing a studio savanna view for 4 nights then 4 nights YC CL.
Kids will be psyched to be at the same hotel. And now can not make any changes because of the points are not changeable
Excited because I always wanted to try AK and now bet to spend time with BFF
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: