Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #2701
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
to our newest Resort Changers! I hope everyone affected by Nemo is doing alright.

I got way behind DISing this weekend, but managed to find time to make a change. I am still holding on to FWC, just a little less since I added AKL CL and an extra night up front. I would have done this in reverse with CL at the end, but the military 40% off is blacked out after 3/25. So the first 3 nights are AKL CL (40%) and the final 5 are FWC (20% - my lowest discount ever, but better than nothing). And, I discovered that FWC guests can use Sturdy Branches at WL, so I'm a happy camper!

In my best Ahnold voice - I'll be back...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 AM   #2702
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
to our newest Resort Changers! I hope everyone affected by Nemo is doing alright.

I got way behind DISing this weekend, but managed to find time to make a change. I am still holding on to FWC, just a little less since I added AKL CL and an extra night up front. I would have done this in reverse with CL at the end, but the military 40% off is blacked out after 3/25. So the first 3 nights are AKL CL (40%) and the final 5 are FWC (20% - my lowest discount ever, but better than nothing). And, I discovered that FWC guests can use Sturdy Branches at WL, so I'm a happy camper!

Kook: This sounds great!!

So.... our summer camping trip has turned back into a trip to Boston...and although we haven't booked our hotel in the city yet, we did order Red Sox tickets!! DH is pumped! I think we will drive down, spend a night on the way, 2-3 nights in the city, and another night on the way home.

Yes the camping didn't last long, I know!

Have a great Monday, hope you have all dug out of the snow and are no longer stuck.
Jen
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #2703
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

So.... our summer camping trip has turned back into a trip to Boston...and although we haven't booked our hotel in the city yet, we did order Red Sox tickets!! DH is pumped! I think we will drive down, spend a night on the way, 2-3 nights in the city, and another night on the way home.

Have a great Monday, hope you have all dug out of the snow and are no longer stuck.
Jen
OMG!!!! You will be under an hour away from me!!!!

What game did you get tickets for??? Maybe we'll get some the same day, or maybe we already have them...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #2704
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Sounds like a good trip. I had no clue what Sturdy Branches was, so I had to Google it. That's awesome that you will be able to use it.

Quote:

Jen
Sounds like a great trip!! Hopefully, we'll make it to a Texas Rangers game this season. I was able to get playoff tickets this last season, but the DH didn't want to pay what they were asking for them.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #2705
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
At BWI they have the daybed where the back pulls down and makes a twin sized bed (like at the monorail resorts). At BC/YC I have gotten rooms with no daybed, the pull down daybed, and daybed that is basically a couch that you can sleep on if you pull off the back cushions and is much smaller then the other kind.

I agree with GG that snacks/mug refills are much easier at BC.

Don't know much about the balconies at BWI but I remember being on the Boardwalk and looking up. The rooms over the Boardwalk Bakery have standing room only balconies.

As pas said, YC will get you a full balcony.
I didn't know that about BWI....thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
So just off phone with BFF (our daughters are BFF's too) she owns at AKL and is going 2/24-3/1 we are booked 2/25 pop then 2/25-3/5 YC CL
Of course kids already asking if they can go to parks together and swim together. So this is making me consider split AKL/YC

Has anyone done this split?
Never done that split but I loved AKL That's cool your daughters are BFFs as well !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just not into early morning having to go out on the Boardwalk .... feel like I have to be totally presentable for the world but for some reason if I just have to run downstairs to the gift shop area I don't feel I have to be as pulled together. Crazy .... right?
Not crazy Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Just thought I would pop in before starting my homework and say hello. Since my online class was down on Friday, I have to do school work today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
nice to see a few familiar people here!

Thanks for the welcome!
Happy to have ya!!!!

Quote:

Yay for a change!!! And yay for Sturdy Branches although I only have used the shower Happy camper.... I feel a CR room may open up...with a discount but it would be the GP RO right?? 20% I love AKL..and FW

Quote:

Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

What game did you get tickets for??? Maybe we'll get some the same day, or maybe we already have them...
That would be neat!!! How far is Sheila from Boston...Janet and I keep threatening to go visit her

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #2706
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Pas~ I cannot be that far from Sheila, so if you ever make that trip...
I am 3 hours from Boston
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #2707
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Pas~ I cannot be that far from Sheila, so if you ever make that trip...
I am 3 hours from Boston
A NE RC meet

Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #2708
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130

A NE RC meet
I think that would be great!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #2709
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Upgrading after arrival

So one of the things I have been contemplating for weeks now is the possibility of upgrading to club level or even a deluxe club level room for part of our trip in May. I hesitate to do it just yet as it is a lot of money and worry if we had something happen financially between now and then I'd have to downgrade and be charged a fee to change.

Just wondering if it's a big deal to make the change when we check in. Just for the last few nights of our trip most likely. Would prefer to do it and stay at BC but if they didn't have club level available there would consider switching over to another Epcot resort.

Of course that is assuming YC, BC or BW will still have club level available after arrival. Anyone done this before or know if CL fills up at all of these resorts in regular season? I would assume they wouldn't all be full, but I know the deluxe CL rooms are pretty limited.

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #2710
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
I think that would be great!
Me too!!! Janet and I (and Sarah ) wanted to take a road trip ever since Sheila's DS Shawn passed away...our schedules just I've never been up that way, and I'm not far either...I can finally try out that Poly punch recipe....it makes 3 gallons...Janet and I will be like Moonshiners

Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #2711
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Only an hour from you....wowsa!

Rays at Red Sox
Wednesday, 7/24/13
at 7:10PM EDT
We are going to the July 24 game...Wednesday night. But we are sitting in the bleachers...sec 36 I think. Second to last cheapest seats!! We are looking at the Omni Parker hotel to stay in, not too many will hold the 5 of us.

Jen
Old 02-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #2712
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Only an hour from you....wowsa! We are going to the July 24 game...Wednesday night. But we are sitting in the bleachers...sec 36 I think. Second to last cheapest seats!! We are looking at the Omni Parker hotel to stay in, not too many will hold the 5 of us.

Jen
Ooooh....DH just stayed at the Omni Parker last year for a bachelor's party. He really liked it.

Hmmmm...that's the weekend between DH and my birthday's....we don't have tickets for that week, but I'm sure that could be fixed....

We've only gotten tickets for 2 games so far this season, but we usually hit about 4...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 02-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #2713
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ooooh....DH just stayed at the Omni Parker last year for a bachelor's party. He really liked it.

Hmmmm...that's the weekend between DH and my birthday's....we don't have tickets for that week, but I'm sure that could be fixed....

We've only gotten tickets for 2 games so far this season, but we usually hit about 4...
This is potentially exciting!! So the hotel got a good review from your DH? It is not cheap but looks very cool and full of history. DH said he read somewhere that the 3rd floor is haunted!?!? We like that kind of stuff!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #2714
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is potentially exciting!! So the hotel got a good review from your DH? It is not cheap but looks very cool and full of history. DH said he read somewhere that the 3rd floor is haunted!?!? We like that kind of stuff!
VERY historic, and yes, I have heard...haunted...

They have an amazing restaurant on-site as well. You should have a wonderful stay!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #2715
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
VERY historic, and yes, I have heard...haunted...

They have an amazing restaurant on-site as well. You should have a wonderful stay!
Nice.We should keep in touch about all this!

Pas: is right. See how all over the map I am? I have lost my wallet in the past couple of days about 3 times (then found it...) and keep jumping from one trip to the other. DH told me yesterday I was giving him a migraine. "I know you love all this, but I can't take it anymore!" he said. Ooopsie.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: