Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #2611
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Right, 2 adults, 3 children (3-9), not premium
Disney is getting rid of the non-expiration tickets. I can't figure out the face value of those anymore. They were the best deal last year. Just don't go to a water park. If you do you will have to upgrade them to the premium passes. Make sure you use the passes first. My premier (DL and WDW) passes cost me 3000 total vs 3600. Buying the non expiration tickets last year and upgrading them along the way turned out to be a good savings plan for me. I am sorry to see those tickets go. I'm guessing Disney doesn't like people saving 600.00 on their annual passes.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #2612
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Thanks for the CR advice ladies. Double-checking my dates and I'm going to try for that Deluxe room. (Hubs just said, "Let's not run up the CC again after just paying it off. )
Good idea not to run up the cost That's my job

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Disney is getting rid of the non-expiration tickets. I can't figure out the face value of those anymore. They were the best deal last year. Just don't go to a water park. If you do you will have to upgrade them to the premium passes. Make sure you use the passes first. My premier (DL and WDW) passes cost me 3000 total vs 3600. Buying the non expiration tickets last year and upgrading them along the way turned out to be a good savings plan for me. I am sorry to see those tickets go. I'm guessing Disney doesn't like people saving 600.00 on their annual passes.
Yes, SAB will be Jen's water park

Jen We bought through UT one year..they are fantastic, fast free shipping...and they even do returns/exchanges.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #2613
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Jen, I don't mind. Gives me something to do.

You know, I got Disney's site to work (new one) and they've got photos of all the different room types. I checked out the Deluxe -- and feel free to call me "weird" (I can take it as I've been called worse) -- but it appears as if the room entrance is closest to where the daybed is located. I don't think I could sleep with my bebe being closest to the door. Yes, weird, I know.

Looks like Garden View in the Garden Wing it is, then.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #2614
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
:
Jen We bought through UT one year..they are fantastic, fast free shipping...and they even do returns/exchanges.
They are great! We had to return our MYWs last year for the No Expire, took care of it no problem-o.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #2615
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Ok, so it all sounds good! Now I just have to figure out the best approach with DH. Or, I can just do it and not tell him!! No...that would be wrong. Very wrong.

I am going to call CRO tonight after the girlies go to bed, and hope I have good luck with a CM.

THen I will play around with the ticket numbers a bit more to see which are best. Question: on the WDW site, do the ticket prices include tax or not??

Jen

Miss: Yay for CR!!!

Padawans : $3000 for WDW and DL? That is great!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #2616
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
THen I will play around with the ticket numbers a bit more to see which are best. Question: on the WDW site, do the ticket prices include tax or not??

Jen
I believe, on the old site, you had to proceed to checkout to get the tax to show. Sneaky buggers. UT has tax included.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #2617
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I just realized, the day I want to go down in October? It's our anniversary. Do we really want to fly in on our anniversary? Ugh.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #2618
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I just realized the WDW prices I was seeing did have tax, and therefore Iheart I think you were right that the 5 day PH would be the best saving us about $100. But yes that would get us a TIW card!

Miss: Maybe you could plan a nice dinner for your arrival day? Or celebrate it the next day???
Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #2619
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Jen I'm sure you are doing this but be sure to purchase the tickets at Undercover going thru the Mousesavers newsletter link .... it's suppose to save $$$.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #2620
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Well, we are a party of 5 that booked while we there in Jan to go back this Sept, but i'm having a horrible time deciding if it was the right call on the time and also the resort. Its myself, my DW, DS 8, DD 6 and DS 3 at the time we go back, we're booked at GF. Not sure really want to stay there and though we've never stayed at contemp, when we've visited there we never much cared for it. Now i'm considering trying a mod for the first time POR is where we'd stay. Problem is the monorail was def great for the ages of our kids. What to do what to do.

: Christmas surprise AKL: Jan 2012

dream stay? plus Mom & dad went with us Poly: Jan 2013

Surprise trip for the kids, 1st time waterparks Beach Club Sept 13,
Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #2621
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Jen I'm sure you are doing this but be sure to purchase the tickets at Undercover going thru the Mousesavers newsletter link .... it's suppose to save $$$.
I was not doing this!! Am I just going to the main mousesavers page and looking for a link? Thanks Linda!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #2622
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prune1977 View Post
Well, we are a party of 5 that booked while we there in Jan to go back this Sept, but i'm having a horrible time deciding if it was the right call on the time and also the resort. Its myself, my DW, DS 8, DD 6 and DS 3 at the time we go back, we're booked at GF. Not sure really want to stay there and though we've never stayed at contemp, when we've visited there we never much cared for it. Now i'm considering trying a mod for the first time POR is where we'd stay. Problem is the monorail was def great for the ages of our kids. What to do what to do.

I am no help to you....we have stayed at Poly twice and then booked at POR. Now we switched to BC, I can't imagine not having ease of traveling to at least 2 of the parks with small ones. I think it is worth it to be at one of the closer deluxes.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #2623
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just realized the WDW prices I was seeing did have tax, and therefore Iheart I think you were right that the 5 day PH would be the best saving us about $100. But yes that would get us a TIW card!

Miss: Maybe you could plan a nice dinner for your arrival day? Or celebrate it the next day???
I tried messing around more as I really believe you can save more then that. I found this page on Mousesavers where you can still see the WDW prices for NE.

http://www.mousesavers.com/disney-wo...t-price-chart/

I started looking at it a bit and I noticed that 8 day ph/wpfm/ne would be 2789.85. They would have a full gate value of 3094.89 which is more then the cost of APs, but still seems like it nets you the highest savings since you wouldn't have to pay anything else to upgrade. The savings would be about $267 for these.

Anyway, have fun messing around with it. Also, one thing I thought about was that you don't have to buy the same tickets for kids and adults. The kids seem like a no brainer at the 8 day ph/wpfm/ne as the credit you get is exactly the cost of an AP (611.31) but they only cost 553.95. The adults are the ones that push the value higher. If that makes any sense. Good luck!

Padawans - Did you buy your NE tix before the big ticket increase last year? That might be why your savings were so much higher.

Miss - I think traveling on your anniversary would be cool! Date night maybe?
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #2624
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was not doing this!! Am I just going to the main mousesavers page and looking for a link? Thanks Linda!
The "special" link is in their newsletter which comes out on the 15th so go ahead and sign up for that. I checked my email and also my email trash but I guess I've thrown away all my newsletters. Maybe someone else can post a link for the latest one for you. I know RCers don't want to wait .... we want it all and we want it NOW!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #2625
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
The "special" link is in their newsletter which comes out on the 15th so go ahead and sign up for that. I checked my email and also my email trash but I guess I've thrown away all my newsletters. Maybe someone else can post a link for the latest one for you. I know RCers don't want to wait .... we want it all and we want it NOW!!!
Got it! Found it in my trash, and it saves a few more bucks! No kidding about wanting it all now...when it comes to vacations this could be my slogan!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: