Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #2581
pas130
DIS Veteran

If you have a package, they cancel it. Guest services can transfer the money to the AP reservation (which will be room only) and refund the difference. When you get your refund, buy your APs

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #2582
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Or you could just book with the AP rate and purchase the tickets when you get there. I'd check Undercover Tourist thru the Mousesavers site ... usually you can save money!!!
too bad I can't give Jen mine....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #2583
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I have a room only with the discounted tickets added in, no dining plan though.
I looked at undercover tourist and didn't see a price for AP's there.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #2584
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
If you call and tell them what you're trying to do..they can do it..If the CM can't ...call back. They don't always know to switc the monies over. So worst case you'll have to give a deposit and wait for a refund..Since it is more than 45 days out they could also give you a courtesy hold!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #2585
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I buy from UT I just pick the tickets with the best discount that cost less than an AP (it was 6day PH last time, but something else the time before). Then do the upgrade to APs onsite after using them at least once.

Don't forget, if you are doing TS that you can buy TIW for $75 with an AP. It get's you 20% off TS food and alcohol!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Next up.... Mar 14 - BC

Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #2586
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I could have sworn that they had APs but I checked too and couldn't find them. Sorry ....
Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #2587
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
When I buy from UT I just pick the tickets with the best discount that cost less than an AP (it was 6day PH last time, but something else the time before). Then do the upgrade to APs onsite after using them at least once.

Don't forget, if you are doing TS that you can buy TIW for $75 with an AP. It get's you 20% off TS food and alcohol!
Hmmm....you are really buttering me up now! I am trying to think of a way I can do this without totally upsetting DH, he has forbid me ( BTW) to make anymore changes to our May trip. I guess technically I am not changing anything right???

SNOW DAYS ARE DANGEROUS!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #2588
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm....you are really buttering me up now! I am trying to think of a way I can do this without totally upsetting DH, he has forbid me ( BTW) to make anymore changes to our May trip. I guess technically I am not changing anything right???

This is not a change...you are applying a new discount

Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #2589
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks I don't know what I was thinking .... I know to buy the park hopper and then upgrade! FYI when I purchased my TIW in Jan it was $100.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #2590
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Jen: Very exciting! Check out Cheshire's FAQ about annual passes... including this post about upgrading to APs from an Undercover Tourist ticket -- it's exactly like I_Heart describes. (I *almost* did it last year but went for the No Expire since we go for really short trips.)

Now, where's that popcorn smiley?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #2591
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's not changing, just saving money! I did a quick check on the Mousesavers link and it looks like 5day PH might be your best bet now. It's only about $100 savings overall, but that get's you your TIW "free"

Who doesn't like to save money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
This is not a change...you are applying a new discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Thanks I don't know what I was thinking .... I know to buy the park hopper and then upgrade! FYI when I purchased my TIW in Jan it was $100.
Oh no! I have to buy another for my next trip. Guess it's better to find out now that the price went up.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Next up.... Mar 14 - BC

Old 02-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #2592
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Jen: Very exciting! Check out Cheshire's FAQ about annual passes... including this post about upgrading to APs from an Undercover Tourist ticket -- it's exactly like I_Heart describes. (I *almost* did it last year but went for the No Expire since we go for really short trips.)

Now, where's that popcorn smiley?
Good info Miss!

Jenny - I was really nervous the first time I did it, but it went just like described. The second time was a breeze too. At the IG at Epcot there is never a line at Guest Services and they handled everything smoothly and easily!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #2593
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's not changing, just saving money! I did a quick check on the Mousesavers link and it looks like 5day PH might be your best bet now. It's only about $100 savings overall, but that get's you your TIW "free"

Who doesn't like to save money?

Oh no! I have to buy another for my next trip. Guess it's better to find out now that the price went up.
I was surprised but I figure I'm still saving money!

Quote:
Good info Miss!

Jenny - I was really nervous the first time I did it, but it went just like described. The second time was a breeze too. At the IG at Epcot there is never a line at Guest Services and they handled everything smoothly and easily!
My very favorite entrance!!! Always try to do all my "business" there!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #2594
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Ladies, before I mosey on over to our Kookalicious' CR thread, I thought I'd ask here first... because you all ARE the experts after all.

I'm in a conundrum. (Though, not nearly as exciting as Jen's!) So, I finally got the site to spit out some pricing last night for the maybe-sorta-possible End of Oct. (Funnily enough, it was the OLD website! Imagine that. Did they revert?) Hubbo's Birthday "Surprise". I was looking at CR Garden Wing. It came back with a standard Garden Wing Room and a Deluxe. The Deluxe room wasn't that much more... do any of you happen to know if the Deluxe rooms ever get discounted? In particular, I'm hoping they run the room-only discount they did last year -- 'cause I refuse to pay rack-rate. Just not sure that if I do happen to book and put a deposit down and those rooms aren't discounted, will I be kicking myself for not having booked a regular GW room or ... over at the YC&BC. I bet that doesn't make any sense.

Pas: Oooooh, I've LOVE to see a pic of HRH playing the violin!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #2595
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Shelia - I just wanted to stop in quickly and send some hugs and love!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: