Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #2566
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
so if we were to get PH for both of our trips (not sure if we would), by buying AP we would come out ahead by about $110.

There is danger in this plan though, camping week in July would turn into WDW instead!!
Darn it I am WAY too slow posting...

This is good news! Or bad news, for the wallet that is.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #2567
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Darn it I am WAY too slow posting...

This is good news! Or bad news, for the wallet that is.
i don't know what to do.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #2568
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
so if we were to get PH for both of our trips (not sure if we would), by buying AP we would come out ahead by about $110.

There is danger in this plan though, camping week in July would turn into WDW instead!!
See I hearts post....below

Quote:
Just jumping in here really quickly. The AP discount is a tad better (I think 5% more?) then the GP discount for Spring, so that may hep your calculations! Plus I've heard there will be a ticket price increase coming soonish which would affect your Nov trip ticket cost.

We buy tickets from UT at a decent discount and then upgrade them so there is a savings to be had there too. Usually 2 trips (especially with hoppers) makes APs worth doing. Then you could even do another trip next May with no ticket cost

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #2569
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
See I hearts post....below

So does anyone know how much our dates would come out to with the AP discount? Beach Club CL SV May 15 - 20...
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #2570
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I keep checking DVC points for Nov. Since I own at SSR I can book that now but need to wait for other resorts. If DH comes with me we'll have Samwise with us so a DVC resort would be best. SSR has lots of good walking areas for a dog. OKW doesn't seem to be as walkable but so much cheaper pointwise. VWL would have the nice walk to the campgrounds, not much walking at AKV, BLT is just no, BWV and BCV would be nice for the people but maybe not so much for the dog ... besides they are so hard to get during F&W .... I got really lucky last year and got BWV for 4 nights! What to do????
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #2571
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i don't know what to do.
Upgrade to AP..possibly get more $$ off room and you'll have hoppers, discounts on merchandise...etc You don't HAVE to go in July.....

Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #2572
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So does anyone know how much our dates would come out to with the AP discount? Beach Club CL SV May 15 - 20...
back in 5 min....

Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #2573
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
back in 5 min....
You are the best!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #2574
pas130
DIS Veteran

Standard View - Club Level +$259 †
Bedding combinations vary, and can be any one of the following: one queen-size bed and a day bed, 2 queen-size beds, 2 queen-size beds and a day bed, or one king-size bed. All rooms have a table and chairs, ceiling fan, private standing or full balcony, bath and vanity area with 2 sinks. All rooms are non-smoking. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, complimentary wi-fi, make-up mirror, robes, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. Microwave, rollaway bed and Pack 'n Play playard are available upon request. Standard View Rooms offer views of a parking area or rooftop. Concierge service at the Stone Harbor Club, located on the fifth floor, includes personalized Front Desk and Guest Services, pre-arrival Walt Disney World Resort Itinerary Planning, complimentary DVD rentals, turndown service and lounge with beverages, continental breakfast, midday snacks and evening wine, cheese, cordials and dessert.

Date Rate per Night
Wed, May 15 $ 367.90
Thu, May 16 $ 367.90
Fri, May 17 $ 404.30
Sat, May 18 $ 404.30
Sun, May 19 $ 367.90

$2151

Old 02-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #2575
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I keep checking DVC points for Nov. Since I own at SSR I can book that now but need to wait for other resorts. If DH comes with me we'll have Samwise with us so a DVC resort would be best. SSR has lots of good walking areas for a dog. OKW doesn't seem to be as walkable but so much cheaper pointwise. VWL would have the nice walk to the campgrounds, not much walking at AKV, BLT is just no, BWV and BCV would be nice for the people but maybe not so much for the dog ... besides they are so hard to get during F&W .... I got really lucky last year and got BWV for 4 nights! What to do????
Hmmmm...VWL might be very nice for Samwise....Epcot area doesn't have a lot of puppy friendly quiet areas SSR does...but OKW has great parking...decisions....

Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #2576
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Standard View - Club Level +$259 †
Bedding combinations vary, and can be any one of the following: one queen-size bed and a day bed, 2 queen-size beds, 2 queen-size beds and a day bed, or one king-size bed. All rooms have a table and chairs, ceiling fan, private standing or full balcony, bath and vanity area with 2 sinks. All rooms are non-smoking. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, complimentary wi-fi, make-up mirror, robes, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. Microwave, rollaway bed and Pack 'n Play playard are available upon request. Standard View Rooms offer views of a parking area or rooftop. Concierge service at the Stone Harbor Club, located on the fifth floor, includes personalized Front Desk and Guest Services, pre-arrival Walt Disney World Resort Itinerary Planning, complimentary DVD rentals, turndown service and lounge with beverages, continental breakfast, midday snacks and evening wine, cheese, cordials and dessert.

Date Rate per Night
Wed, May 15 $ 367.90
Thu, May 16 $ 367.90
Fri, May 17 $ 404.30
Sat, May 18 $ 404.30
Sun, May 19 $ 367.90

$2151
Yes, this is cheaper. So how the heck would I go about doing this??? I am still a newbie...
Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #2577
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, this is cheaper. So how the heck would I go about doing this??? I am still a newbie...
Call CRO, change to the AP rate, upgrade your tickets when you get to the parks

You have 24 hours I think to show your AP after check-in (never been asked for it BTW)

Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #2578
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Call CRO, change to the AP rate, upgrade your tickets when you get to the parks

You have 24 hours I think to show your AP after check-in (never been asked for it BTW)
Jeanette thanks so much. So would I ask to cancel my package that is PIF now?? And then rebook under the AP rate, adding in my tickets??? And then when we go to MK our first day there, go to Guest Services and upgrade the tickets to AP's?? Or should I just book with the AP discount, then order the AP's in the mail?? We have time to receive them.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #2579
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jeanette thanks so much. So would I ask to cancel my package that is PIF now?? And then rebook under the AP rate, adding in my tickets??? And then when we go to MK our first day there, go to Guest Services and upgrade the tickets to AP's?? Or should I just book with the AP discount, then order the AP's in the mail?? We have time to receive them.
Do you have room only? Or package?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #2580
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Just jumping in here really quickly. The AP discount is a tad better (I think 5% more?) then the GP discount for Spring, so that may hep your calculations! Plus I've heard there will be a ticket price increase coming soonish which would affect your Nov trip ticket cost.

We buy tickets from UT at a decent discount and then upgrade them so there is a savings to be had there too. Usually 2 trips (especially with hoppers) makes APs worth doing. Then you could even do another trip next May with no ticket cost
Quote:
Or you could just book with the AP rate and purchase the tickets when you get there. I'd check Undercover Tourist thru the Mousesavers site ... usually you can save money!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: