Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #1846
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Thank you to everyone who came over to the new CR/BLT thread today. You made it feel more like home. It's a great resort to change to

Looks like you have a leg up on the situation, Linda. Just don't shoot your eye out and drink your Ovaltine!
THANK YOU for all your hard work!!!!!

And LMAO about your comment to Linda....leg up, ha ha! Does she get her secret decoder ring for drinking her Ovaltine

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #1847
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I think my longest stay was 28 days .... that was a couple of years ago. This trip is 22 days. I'll be home on the evening of the 29th. DD is arriving this Saturday so I'll have company again! Believe it or not I think I've decided to keep any upcoming trips to 2 weeks or less. Now we'll see if I can stick to that!
You're among friends here - you're really homeless, aren't you?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #1848
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
I almost just spit my wine out all over me and the iPad!!!!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #1849
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Up until today it's been nice and warm. This afternoon it dropped about 20 degrees! It's suppose to warm back up to normal temps Saturday. I just love my sunshine!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #1850
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

No but on that long trip my family was convinced I'd just moved here and got a job. I see myself in the little Christmas shop in MK. Actually that trip was funny .... while I was here I just kept changing my flights and adding on days! Retirement is wonderful!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #1851
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I almost just spit my wine out all over me and the iPad!!!!

NOOOOOOO!!! Not the wine. At least there isn't a keyboard.

Quote:

No but on that long trip my family was convinced I'd just moved here and got a job. I see myself in the little Christmas shop in MK. Actually that trip was funny .... while I was here I just kept changing my flights and adding on days! Retirement is wonderful!!!
Retirement? Sure, we'll play along

BTW, can I be "retired" with you?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #1852
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2munchkins
May I join ...I not only change my resort after I book... I change it before I book my trip too
Absolutely, I am an anomaly in this thread. I only change in my mind before I book...never after. The ladies are so nice, I just stay.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #1853
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh you ladies are in fine form tonight! I leave for work and all heck breaks loose! You all certainly have been having more fun than me!

Welcome home Linda!!

Yikes, DH just got a call from his aunt, Nana has taken another turn for the worse after rallying around again. The poor woman, her body doesn't know which way is up. Everyone is headed down there again. Big snowstorm tonight too.

Last edited by jennyjinx3; 01-17-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #1854
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Up until today it's been nice and warm. This afternoon it dropped about 20 degrees! It's suppose to warm back up to normal temps Saturday. I just love my sunshine!
Be thankful you have been in Florida the last two weeks. We have had Chicago like weather out here on the west Coast. Ok maybe I'm exaggerating but it's been cold. It's back to 75 today. I hope the two weeks of winter is over with. I need my sunshine too.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #1855
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

You're slaying me, Kook. Positively.

In Chicagoland... we've had zero snow to speak of, zip zilch nada. What gives? I want my money back.

Ah, Jen... hugs to you guys.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #1856
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Exactly 3 months from today!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #1857
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Yes once again thinking of changing and I need help!!!

38 days til vacation. Poly volcano pool may be closed during my stay so am now thinking BC or YC CL. BF says yes lets switch. I'm not sure which one ??

My last poly stay volcano slide was closed most of stay and it was definitely missed. We definitely like to relax by the pool quite a bit.

Never stayed CL but its only an extra 400 difference from Poly.
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #1858
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

morning...
Once we had reservations at CBR...and they were renovating the whole main pool...we had preferred rooms there...so we opted out and went to Port Orleans French Quarter..always a favorite...but not impressed with the food court...soooooo we do breakfast at the food court (unless we have breakfast ressies) and then we eat anyplace else...but always come back for beignets or ice cream....priorities you know...hahaha..

Last night hubby looked at the lay out of Riverside...we have been there when it was Dixie Landings and always had bld 14...still a hike to the pool and hot tub area...soooooo we knocked out Riverside, POP...and CBR...and will keep Movies until we see what AP rates are for FQ...OY OY OY..

we had snow Thursday all day...and today it was minue 5 when I got up and helped hubby put the trash out...I hate winters ...I hate cold...Disney can not come fast enough...we should of gone when hunting season was over...oh well..another day

Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #1859
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Just purchased my Disney on Ice: Treasure Trove tickets!!!

We go every year, and every year I say we're not going, because it's usually pretty close to an actual trip to Disney....but I'm a sucker for it...so we're going...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #1860
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! AND you guys get to meet up with Jen and her girlies!
Until I changed my dates...

HRH has her Spring Concert May 20th...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
So, I was going through the pics on my phone and was reminded I totally forgot to post one of I_Heart and I!

Here goes! When you see I_Heart, you should have the "Mission Impossible" theme playing in your head...

Two very lovely ladies...and Miss you hv the cutest specs...HRH got new ones similar (Kate needs new ones ASAP...HRH broke them in two last night when they were arguing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thank you. You ladies always make me feel so much better. The DH tried to tell me that yesterday, but I just didn't want to listen. Luckily, I still qualify for pell grant money, so I won't have to pay 100% for it.
Glad to hear it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Great picture!!! I wish I could be traveling at the same time as some of you ladies!
Ahem...on the evening of 4/27...look across Crescent Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Hey gang, I don't know if I already posted this or not...looks like we will be going back again in June and back at our fav...the grand

Happy day to all
Cynthia
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

Ok, so now I want to cancel July and do short trips in April and October. I just don't know what to do about our airfare. I have enough SWA rewards for 6 flights to use in April and then I can hope for the infamous Air Tran schedule change for my July airfare and then use those funds for October. Plus April is already discounted and I can move my August BB that I haven't canceled yet to October. Then I'm not waiting on any resort discounts. Does that sound reasonable?
Of course it's reasonable ....remember I am insane though

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2munchkins View Post
May I join ...I not only change my resort after I book... I change it before I book my trip too
OF COURSE!!!! What the details...do tell!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I see you play it safe with the generic ticker. So where are you booked today?

Quote:
Thank you to everyone who came over to the new CR/BLT thread today. You made it feel more like home. It's a great resort to change to

Looks like you have a leg up on the situation, Linda. Just don't shoot your eye out and drink your Ovaltine!
Quote:

Before, after, during - it's all good, as our RC hostess pas130 would say. Have you been doing those pro/con sheets yet?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Absolutely, I am an anomaly in this thread. I only change in my mind before I book...never after. The ladies are so nice, I just stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Yikes, DH just got a call from his aunt, Nana has taken another turn for the worse after rallying around again. The poor woman, her body doesn't know which way is up. Everyone is headed down there again. Big snowstorm tonight too.
Poor Nana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Yes once again thinking of changing and I need help!!!

38 days til vacation. Poly volcano pool may be closed during my stay so am now thinking BC or YC CL. BF says yes lets switch. I'm not sure which one ??

My last poly stay volcano slide was closed most of stay and it was definitely missed. We definitely like to relax by the pool quite a bit.

Never stayed CL but its only an extra 400 difference from Poly.
YC!! I love a balcony..and it's more peaceful for adults..IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
morning...
Once we had reservations at CBR...and they were renovating the whole main pool...we had preferred rooms there...so we opted out and went to Port Orleans French Quarter..always a favorite...but not impressed with the food court...soooooo we do breakfast at the food court (unless we have breakfast ressies) and then we eat anyplace else...but always come back for beignets or ice cream....priorities you know...hahaha..

Last night hubby looked at the lay out of Riverside...we have been there when it was Dixie Landings and always had bld 14...still a hike to the pool and hot tub area...soooooo we knocked out Riverside, POP...and CBR...and will keep Movies until we see what AP rates are for FQ...OY OY OY..

we had snow Thursday all day...and today it was minue 5 when I got up and helped hubby put the trash out...I hate winters ...I hate cold...Disney can not come fast enough...we should of gone when hunting season was over...oh well..another day
No snow here but FREEZING I think part of the reason I booked is I'm too impatient for AP rates... The size of the mods overwhelm me, I love me a value anyday! So far, DH still doesn't know I booked end of April

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: