Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #1036
jvptravels
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: S.F. Bay Area
Posts: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
Thank you for the corrections. We do agree that if people started standing up for and applauding companies that put their workers before greed, things could maybe get better for other companies employees.
I hope I didn't come off as snobbish. Sometimes on these boards I can do that because people often don't know what they are talking about. But I appreciate it when people share positive thoughts like you did. I've studied Walt Disney and he was my personal idol until I had the pleasure of meeting Howard Shultz while an employee of Starbucks. I have read his books and heard him speak on multiple occasions.

Walt Disney died months before I was born, but Disneyland is my second home. I'm just glad I can say I have two idols who have contributed positively to the world we live in.
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #1037
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
This. Nestle is like making a deal with the devil in my opinion. I would much rather have Starbucks, an American company that gives its workers benefits I don't even drink coffee, but hello Tazo chai tea latte, nice to see you on Main Street
I'm SO excited to get Venti Coffee Fraps in the parks.
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #1038
yooperfan
DIS Veteran
 
yooperfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Marquette, MI USA
Posts: 2,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvptravels View Post
I hope I didn't come off as snobbish. Sometimes on these boards I can do that because people often don't know what they are talking about. But I appreciate it when people share positive thoughts like you did. I've studied Walt Disney and he was my personal idol until I had the pleasure of meeting Howard Shultz while an employee of Starbucks. I have read his books and heard him speak on multiple occasions.

Walt Disney died months before I was born, but Disneyland is my second home. I'm just glad I can say I have two idols who have contributed positively to the world we live in.
No problem, it's nice to get more info on a company our small town is indirectly connected to.
__________________
yooperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #1039
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
I'm SO excited to get Venti Coffee Fraps in the parks.
Venti Coffee Fraps?? Is that some type of coffee??
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #1040
jovimama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvptravels View Post
Starbucks - USA
Nestle - Switzerland
Edy's, Dreyer's (& many more) - Nestle
Yep - I was referring to Nestle as the company with the tainted past. I love Starbucks.
jovimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #1041
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
I'm SO excited to get Venti Coffee Fraps in the parks.
I agree. Venti Mocha Frappacino, here I come! Sad it won't be open in time for my February trip though
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #1042
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I agree. Venti Mocha Frappacino, here I come! Sad it won't be open in time for my February trip though
It's one of the very few reasons that I'm pleased our next trip isn't until October 2013!
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #1043
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
It's one of the very few reasons that I'm pleased our next trip isn't until October 2013!
Salt in the wound!
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #1044
fraggle1_rs
Mouseketeer
 
fraggle1_rs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: west sussex, uk
Posts: 119

Msb

main street bakery has always been one of our favorite to go for breakfast or just a snack, heart broken that starbucks taking over, also in epcot taking away the fantansic ice creams and putting a coofee shop there instead
__________________


April 2000 off site property, October 2006 off site property
Sept 2007 POP Century,Sept 2009 CBR
Sept 2010 POP Century,Oct 2011 POP Century
Sept 2013 POP Century for our honeymoon
fraggle1_rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #1045
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Salt in the wound!
Aww sorry! I'll be thinking of you when I order my Coffee Frap and watch the parade.
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #1046
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..
 
luvthemouse71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mentally,WDW. Physically, Rhode Island
Posts: 4,471

I wish they were there now. I leave for WDW in a few hours and will have to make do with those Via packs in the meantime.
__________________
luvthemouse71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #1047
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggle1_rs View Post
main street bakery has always been one of our favorite to go for breakfast or just a snack, heart broken that starbucks taking over, also in epcot taking away the fantansic ice creams and putting a coofee shop there instead
They will still have MSB goodies there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Aww sorry! I'll be thinking of you when I order my Coffee Frap and watch the parade.
Make sure to Instagram a photo and tag me!
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #1048
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post

Make sure to Instagram a photo and tag me!

will do
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #1049
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer
 
Xclusive2WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 443

Well looky here, Hi Princes83 , Hi Declansdad I have been on the boards just happily reading along with other people's TR's, and what do I come across? The Main Street Bakery Thread. . . again How's it going everybody, people still freaking out and ready to lay down in front MSB to prevent the bull dozier? (You know, the one that's not coming because all they are doing is adding Starbucks coffee and a few SBX pastries?)
__________________
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #1050
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Well looky here, Hi Princes83 , Hi Declansdad I have been on the boards just happily reading along with other people's TR's, and what do I come across? The Main Street Bakery Thread. . . again How's it going everybody, people still freaking out and ready to lay down in front MSB to prevent the bull dozier? (You know, the one that's not coming because all they are doing is adding Starbucks coffee and a few SBX pastries?)
I'm not laying down to stop the bull dozier, I'll be leading the welcoming parade
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: