Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Venting!!! Passholder preview for fantasyland

Ok so if your a passholder you know about the special offer they were doing for us to have a tour of the new fantasy land. Then you would also know that, that was a huge cluster ****. After all the times were given, they realized more passholders wanted to view, so they open it back up as a "sweepstakes" to get a time slot. That's where my story begins. I put in for the "sweepstakes" and got an email back saying " CONGRATULATIONS you have been selected to participate in the New Fantasy land of Magic Kingdom park Preview SWEEPSTAKES for annual passholders. In this email it gives good details of checking in at the transportation center getting our ID's checked and to get our wrist bands. It also asks you to choose 1 of 2 itineraries. So we get our writ bands and continue on to the park. Our instructions were to meet at the entrance of fantasy land at our 5:30 report time. We do some shopping before our time and we get hungry so about 4pm we head over to fantasyland to find out if we needed to eat before our tour or if it was included .

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

So when we arrive we see that anyone in the park are able to just walk into the new area. So we ask a cast member who looks some what important, where we are supposed to meet for our tour. Well come to find out that there Is NO TOUR! It's a self guided tour, the only point in our wrist bands were if the area became to crowded that then passholders get preference over other guests. It might just be me and my wife but from the email we received and how everything was, it led us to believe that this was supposed to be and actual TOUR... I'm a big Disney fan we go alot, I've never been disappointed or this frustrated at Disney.... Thoughts? Comments please

Dates i can remember....

Coronado- (Aug2010)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse14 View Post
Ok so if your a passholder you know about the special offer they were doing for us to have a tour of the new fantasy land. Then you would also know that, that was a huge cluster ****. After all the times were given, they realized more passholders wanted to view, so they open it back up as a "sweepstakes" to get a time slot. That's where my story begins. I put in for the "sweepstakes" and got an email back saying " CONGRATULATIONS you have been selected to participate in the New Fantasy land of Magic Kingdom park Preview SWEEPSTAKES for annual passholders. In this email it gives good details of checking in at the transportation center getting our ID's checked and to get our wrist bands. It also asks you to choose 1 of 2 itineraries. So we get our writ bands and continue on to the park. Our instructions were to meet at the entrance of fantasy land at our 5:30 report time. We do some shopping before our time and we get hungry so about 4pm we head over to fantasyland to find out if we needed to eat before our tour or if it was included .
Quote:
So when we arrive we see that anyone in the park are able to just walk into the new area. So we ask a cast member who looks some what important, where we are supposed to meet for our tour. Well come to find out that there Is NO TOUR! It's a self guided tour, the only point in our wrist bands were if the area became to crowded that then passholders get preference over other guests. It might just be me and my wife but from the email we received and how everything was, it led us to believe that this was supposed to be and actual TOUR... I'm a big Disney fan we go alot, I've never been disappointed or this frustrated at Disney.... Thoughts? Comments please
I suppose if that's what you would be expecting you would be disappointed. Sorry it didn't turn out the way you planned. Touring doesn't always mean "guided" tour. We technically "tour" the parks when we go to Disney World.

You did however get to see the biggest expansion in Disney World history before it was officially open to the public. That's a huge privilege!!

We got to see it during one of the Halloween parties. Once they get the roller coaster finished it will be spectacular. Congratulations on getting to see it!
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78

I suppose if that's what you would be expecting you would be disappointed. Sorry it didn't turn out the way you planned. Touring doesn't always mean "guided" tour. We technically "tour" the parks when we go to Disney World.

You did however get to see the biggest expansion in Disney World history before it was officially open to the public. That's a huge privilege!!

We got to see it during one of the Halloween parties. Once they get the roller coaster finished it will be spectacular. Congratulations on getting to see it!
It's already open to the public, that's what ticked me off because there's nothing special about being a pass holder

Dates i can remember....

Coronado- (Aug2010)

Old 11-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Sounds just like Disney to me. You don't think they care, even a little, about local pass holders do you?

Oh, mad madam, you are the dream Disney guest, LOL.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2

Sounds just like Disney to me. You don't think they care, even a little, about local pass holders do you?

Oh, mad madam, you are the dream Disney guest, LOL.
And what exactly do you mean by dream Disney guest ?

Dates i can remember....

Coronado- (Aug2010)

Old 11-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Well, it wasn't directed at you obviously but I meant that this poster will obviously LOVE Disney because of their "magic" no matter what the corporation actually inflicts on us. price increases, quality deterioration, massive dumb downs ... It's OK, it's Disney!
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

I am the poster lol, and your right I will love dinsey no matter what... I'd think anyone on a Disney talk forum would...

Dates i can remember....

Coronado- (Aug2010)

Old 11-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
mmrocks
:)

Mouse14. Peter Pirate was talking about the user name mad madam not calling you mad madam
mmrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #10
LocalTourist
Pimp My Ears

The Dream Disney Guest sounds like a nice title to get
LocalTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmrocks View Post
Mouse14. Peter Pirate was talking about the user name mad madam not calling you mad madam
that cleared it up... for a second i thought something insulting was said lol

Dates i can remember....

Coronado- (Aug2010)

Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #12
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's already open to the public, that's what ticked me off because there's nothing special about being a pass holder
Maybe it was open to the public when you went to see it. While we were there, there were definitely times it was not open to the public and there were people standing at the entrance turing the public away. We had to wait till a Halloween party to see it. I think it depends on the crowdedness of the park and wether there were brokedown rides that they would decide to open it during passholder touring times.

Sorry you didn't feel special. I know I felt special....even though I was with the lowely public....
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

I was there Saturday and I just had to show them my annual pass and they let me in.
Mac4life30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #14
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

A wise man once told me:

"If you squeeze the bat so hard that you are left holding a handful of splinters...there's no way you can hit it out of the infield"
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #15
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

You didn't pay anything for this "tour". Did any of the promotional emails mention anything about an included meal? It would never occur to me that a real meal would be included. Disney would make a big deal if even cookies were included.

You got to see Fantasyland at the time you were promised.

Were you upset with the fact you didn't get any food? The fact that it was a self guided tour? The fact that guests who weren't annual pass holders were able to do the same thing you were? I think your expectations were way too high.

What was special is if Disney had a need to limit access to Fantasyland you would have been given preferential treatment.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: