Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Fred W
Earning My Ears

Old Key West Resort quick service dining

Hi, can anyone tell me if I made a mistake by getting the quick service dining plan for myself, my wife, and our 3 granddaughters, and we are staying at the Old key West Resort. It doesn't appear that this resort has much to offer for the quick service plan. We are arriving Nov. 08,2012. Should I try to upgrade upon arrival, or just hope we can use our plan at the theme parks. Thanks for any suggestions. Fred W
Fred W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred W
Hi, can anyone tell me if I made a mistake by getting the quick service dining plan for myself, my wife, and our 3 granddaughters, and we are staying at the Old key West Resort. It doesn't appear that this resort has much to offer for the quick service plan. We are arriving Nov. 08,2012. Should I try to upgrade upon arrival, or just hope we can use our plan at the theme parks. Thanks for any suggestions. Fred W
Your CS choices at OKW will be quite limited. Love OKW, hate their CS option.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think you can upgrade upon arrival. Changes to your dining plan will have to be made a certain amount of time BEFORE you get there (48 hrs maybe?). Can someone help out on this point?

If you stay with the QSDP, you will find many, many places to use it at the parks and at DTD. I wouldn't worry too much about not having much of a selection at Old Key West; you have DTD and Wolfgang Puck Express right there!
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You cannot upgrade upon arrival.

Changes to a dining plan must be made at least 3 days before arrival (on package reservations) or 2 days before arrival (for DVC reservations). It is too late for you to upgrade on either type of reservation.

How many meals a day were you considering eating at your resort? Consider going over to Downtown Disney which has the best deal at WDW for a CS credit - Wolfgang Puck Express. Not as good a deal, but very popular, is Earl of Sandwich.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
gwmort
DIS Veteran

grab the ferry to DTD
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #6
Clare D
Minnie Mania

Or, if you have a car, pop next door to Port Orleans Riverside as they have a much better food court and grab some food there.

Yes the CS options at OKW are poor but it is a really lovely resort

August 13 - SSR
August 12 - OKW and Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas and RPR
July 09 - Chicago & POR
Nov 06 - GF, Disney Wonder
Oct 05 - AKL
Dec 04 - Offsite
June 99 - Offsite
Aug 92 - Offsite

Clare D is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: