Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

"I wanna be a frump too!!!" {Dec 8-11, 2012}UPDATED 3/23

Hello all!

I have been on the DISboards for awhile now... I love studying up on all things Disney! I also love to read trip reports, as it makes me feel like I am there as well. I love reading about other's experiences during their trip. I had been contemplating writing my own report for awhile but didn't know if there would be any interest. I hope this report is insightful, entertaining and fun! If there is any questions about anything I have done in Disney... please let me know!

Let me introduce myself:
I'm Rita, I had traveled to Disney twice as a kid and never thought I would be going back until I had kids someday. Well, about a year ago my cousin Kayla asked me if I would be interested in going. I was hesitant at first but we made a trip in May of 2012 and thats when the obsession began!

Here is my travel buddy, Kayla. We are cousins and best friends. We both love to vacation! She is a more seasoned disney traveler... She has been to the world 36 times!

Also joining us on this trip were Kayla's parents
They gave Kayla her love for Disney. We also did Disney with them in May of 2012 and I was SUPER excited that they decided to come in Dec as well because it is always a blast with them!
Can you see why? We are in the front row on the left! One of my favorite pictures!

Before our trip to the world, we just got off the beautiful Disney Fantasy! It was an awesome time! Here are a few pictures of us on the Fantasy:
Here we are on formal night in front of the gingerbread house... it smelled amazing!

Our ship docked in Castaway Cay

Minnie!

Now on with the trip report!

Disney: Christmas Style {Dec 8-11, 2012}
Day One: Can't believe we are here - Checking in to our hotel
Let's get ready to rock - HS
Epcot Evening
Third park of the day? Are you serious? OK! MK

Day Two: Rise and shine... it an ANIMAL KINGDOM morning!
Sparklin' and ready to party
Try the grey stuff... it's delicious!
"Once upon a Christmastime at Christmas..." Mickey's Christmas Party!

Day Three: It's an Epcot kinda day!
Beachin' it at Cape May
Osbourne Lights - Hollywood Studios!!!

Day Four: 'Ohana means family...
Blizzard Beach
Is it time to go home already?!?!

Last edited by disneysunshine85; 03-23-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Day One: Checking in to our hotel...

As I said in the first post, we had just got off the Disney Fantasy. Before getting off the ship we kept hearing people saying how depressed they were that their vacation was over... but luckily for us... the fun was just beginning!

Our hotel for the next three nights would be Port Orleans Riverside. We stayed in one of Princess Tiana's royal guest rooms with a garden view.

Gorgeous Christmas tree in the lobby!

This resort is just so beautiful. We were lucky that we were in a room that was less than a five minute walk to the busses.

The room was adorable! For this trip, we originally had reservations at an all star resort, but as soon as we found out about these rooms with fireworks on the beds... we were sold! We loved the way the room was decorated... paying homage to each of the princesses.

Our luggage arrived shortly after we got to our room so it was off to Hollywood Studios!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Hi Rita! I'm glad you decided to do a TR, love keeping that Christmas vibe going We actually flew home on the day you arrived and also enjoyed some wonderful Christmastime fun at the parks. I'm actually editing the pics from our last day as we speak.

We also did the same thing you did with an AK morning followed by MVMCP (we did ours the previous Sunday from yours) - hope yours turned out better than ours did

How cool that you did the land and sea package and got to enjoy the Fantasy. What a Disneytastic adventure! Love the decorations in your rooms - they do such a good job with theming. And score that you were so close to the busses!

Can't wait to hear more
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 03-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Hi Rita! I'm glad you decided to do a TR, love keeping that Christmas vibe going We actually flew home on the day you arrived and also enjoyed some wonderful Christmastime fun at the parks. I'm actually editing the pics from our last day as we speak.

We also did the same thing you did with an AK morning followed by MVMCP (we did ours the previous Sunday from yours) - hope yours turned out better than ours did

How cool that you did the land and sea package and got to enjoy the Fantasy. What a Disneytastic adventure! Love the decorations in your rooms - they do such a good job with theming. And score that you were so close to the busses!

Can't wait to hear more
Thank you! I've been meaning to start writing this for awhile now and I am definitely loving reliving the memories

MVMCP was good... the only part I would change for us would be being able to get a good spot for the parade/fireworks... I will share the whole story Sorry to hear that you guys were sick... hopefully you recovered quickly!

Yes, it was awesome to have a complete disney cruise/world adventure! and that it was at Christmastime to boot! Kayla and I both say that it was a trip of a lifetime
Old 03-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Hi joining in.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Hi!
Joining in! I am hoping to book a mother/daughter trip in the ROyal rooms this December. Can't wait to hear how things went!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

Old 03-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Hi!
Joining in! I am hoping to book a mother/daughter trip in the ROyal rooms this December. Can't wait to hear how things went!
You should definitely stay there! It was perfect!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Day One: Let's get ready to ROCK! - HS

After we left our room, we headed straight to Hollywood Studios! This is my favorite park!
Loved the tree!

We headed to the Rock and Roller Coaster (my favorite ride) while we waited for Kayla's parents to get to the park. When we were done riding, they were waiting for us... perfect timing Now that the gang was all here... of course we rode again! Make it a super stretch!

Apparently I didn't get the thumbs up memo!

After that we rode TOT and then startours!

After that we had lunch at pizza planet!

We loved these ADORABLE gingerbread santa cupcakes! YUM!!!

We just loved all of the Christmas decorations... just when you thought disney couldn't get more magical!

I'm such a goof-ball!

Then we went on the great movie ride (of course) and then did Muppets 3D.
We decided to leave the park then because we had an early ADR that evening. We snapped this picture on the way out of the park... one of my favorites... AH memories!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

More to come tonight!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I am in! great pics!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #11
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl
I am in! great pics!
Thank you!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Epcot night!

We returned to the park at about 4PM because we had an early dinner reservation at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. This was our first time dining here. I was a little apprehensive about making this reservation because some people have had not so nice things to say about it. Never the less... the dinner included princesses... and that's enough for me! Kayla and I had dinner in Cinderella's Castle on the last trip. In my opinion the restaurant is WAY overpriced... but how many times in your life can you say "I'm eating in Cinderella's Castle"! I mean come on now!!!

Anyways... we had a little time to kill before dinner so we headed to Spaceship earth. I had not been on this ride since I was a kid. I remembered as a kid thinking it was quite boring. LOL! I ended up really loving it this time and the ride had changed alot since I had been on it years ago! It was so funny because the ride takes a picture of you at the beginning and then at the end there is a "cartoon" with your face in it at the end of the ride. Well, my uncle was not paying attention when they were taking the picture so when it was time for the video... his picture looked like he was sleeping the whole time in every scene that he was in... it was definitely funny!

After the ride we started walking through world showcase... I hope someday I am able to go to the world showcase alone so I can truly take my time and take everything in of every country.

So we arrived in Norway...

Before sitting down for dinner we got to meet Belle

The menu!

So after we got seated, we could go up to the buffet and they had salad, meats, cheeses etc. We were surprised that there was so much food... and this was before we had dinner as well! We all ordered the steak for dinner and all four of us were very pleased with the meal.

Before our dinner came... the princesses started to arrive!

My uncle does not enjoy being in pictures but we caught him in this one

LOL! My favorite picture!

Then it was time for a dessert.... we got a tray to share!

After dinner we went to wait in line for the Candlelight Processional. The line was so LONG and it was something that I was really looking forward to seeing. We ended up not getting seats. Next time I will definitely do a package so I can see the show. I ended up watching a portion of it from outside the theatre. I definitely want to have tickets next time.

After that we walked around WS a little bit. One of my favorite things about visiting the WS is taking pictures in every country!
Priceless!

Next was TEST TRACK! The ride was closed on our last trip so I was looking forward to riding this time. Especially since it had just been refurbished. The line ended up not being that bad since we all went in the single rider line. To be honest I really wasn't that impressed with the changes. It's basically the same ride. They have more of an interactive feature to it now where you can create your own car and then test it on the track. I didn't really pay any attention to that because I just wanted to ride the ride haha.

We decided to leave Epcot and were making plans to go to MK... umm were we crazy?!?! We just got off a relaxing cruise and then we visit three parks in one day??? Hey, when you're in Disney... you take every opportunity to see as much as you can!

We took this cute picture as we were leaving the park... the park trees are just amazing!

Now on to MK!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #13
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Third park of the day? Are you serious? OK! MK

After leaving epcot we took the Monorail over to Magic Kingdom. There is just something about seeing the castle for the first time on every trip. #swoon

It was about 9:30pm when we got to Magic Kingdom and the night parade was going on so it was a bit hard to get around at first. My uncle decided that he was done for the day after Epcot, so it was the three girls rockin' it at the kingdom Loved having this picture taken... perfect!

One of my favorite moments of the night is when we were walking through MK after the fireworks and a guy was walking by and said "ok, the fireworks are over... the park is closed... everyone go home!" (there were extra magic hours that night LOL!)

We went in the Haunted Mansion first... and we each got our own doom buggy #andaghostwillfollowyouhome! Then we went on Splash Mountain!!! This picture is one of my favorite from the vacation... mind you we DO NOT know the person behind us LOVE IT!!!

We also rode Thunder Mountain! I was happy to be on it again since it was closed on our last trip. After that we waited what seemed like FOREVER for Peter Pan's flight. This ride always has a long wait-time... therefore this was my first time on it

By the time we got off Peter Pan it was getting late... we were all tired but thought that we could fit in one more ride... the night wouldn't be complete without SPACE MOUNTAIN!!! One of my favorites! The line was so long and during the wait we were definitely regretting our decision... of course until we rode the ride haha! And in the end it was worth it because we got this awesome photo!!! My aunt is having fun, I look like a zombie and Kayla is ASLEEP!!! perfect way to end the night! Great first day in DISNEY. We then got on the bus and went back to the hotel... tired but oh so happy!

Old 03-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #14
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Updating later today. I'm loving being able to look back on so many sweet memories
Old 03-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #15
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

good stuff I'm hitch hiking along with you on this one!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: