Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #46
jpeppers
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Shelton, Wa
Posts: 736

Book the best you can find now and then be patient because you will probably find way better directly from the company a few weeks out, I think I ended up at around $130 total last year for a week in terminal.
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #47
khmiller
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 114

jpeppers, how long before you needed the rental did you see this great rate?
Thanks!
khmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #48
cabmom
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy flew by and dropped off a Beautiful Tag!
 
cabmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northeast of Toronto
Posts: 2,209

Need May 15 noon to May 21 2pm MCO. I can't find a deal! Please help!
__________________
My Family
cabmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #49
mmmgood
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabmom View Post
Need May 15 noon to May 21 2pm MCO. I can't find a deal! Please help!
You can get good rates from Dollar or Thrifty starting at $230.44 inc. taxes and fees here: http://www.carrentalsavers.com/florida-car-rental.html.

Book and keep looking though, rates should come down closer to your dates.
mmmgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #50
bigfish32
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabmom
Need May 15 noon to May 21 2pm MCO. I can't find a deal! Please help!
Try budget using Travelocity code X474200
bigfish32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #51
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer
 
Ima Disnewby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 95

joining in!!

my dates are May 2-6 and as my name would imply, i'm a total noob i'm not finding a *great* deal on anything!! i tried the KLM code and it's not working for me!! could it be because i don't reside in the US or something?!
Ima Disnewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #52
bigfish32
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby
joining in!!

my dates are May 2-6 and as my name would imply, i'm a total noob i'm not finding a *great* deal on anything!! i tried the KLM code and it's not working for me!! could it be because i don't reside in the US or something?!
I would try the Travelocity code for Budget. No idea if it matters where you live though.... Look at previous post
bigfish32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #53
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer
 
Ima Disnewby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish32 View Post
I would try the Travelocity code for Budget. No idea if it matters where you live though.... Look at previous post
thanks!

i tried that matched up with the coupon code from the first page but holy smokes...the insurance rate!! was just curious to see if the KLM code would make the actual rental cost cheaper so the insurance cost wouldnt hurt so much
Ima Disnewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #54
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran
 
chocovrdmicears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,923

Spent a little time seeing what I could come up with - need a rental for 5/22-6/1. So far the best price I found was with the KLM code and BJ's coupon( NDA2324BR) through National - $317. If I remember correctly I didn't find any great deals for our May trip last year until much closer so I am not giving up hope yet.
__________________
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #55
MarieA
DIS Veteran
 
MarieA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
Spent a little time seeing what I could come up with - need a rental for 5/22-6/1. So far the best price I found was with the KLM code and BJ's coupon( NDA2324BR) through National - $317. If I remember correctly I didn't find any great deals for our May trip last year until much closer so I am not giving up hope yet.
Same here. We are going May 4 - 14 and have been searching for a rental for the past several months. The rates are totally outrageous. The cheapest rate I have found so far has been $350. Last year we were at WDW from 4/28 - 5/8 and I was able to get a car through Enterprise for $150 for 10 days. I think I also got that rate much closer to my travel dates. I will keep looking but if I can't get anything for less than $200, I probably will not rent a car. We are staying on property and really don't need a car, we just like the convenience of having one.
__________________
1974 - Offsite, 1977 - Offsite, 1983 - Offsite, 1987 - Offsite ,
1989, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1997, 2002, 2004, 2005 - Contemporary ,
2006, 1/2007, 8/2007 - BCV, 5/2008 - HHI, BCV, 11/2008, 5/2009 - BCV, 12/2009 - BCV

5/2010 HHI, BLT, 5/2011 - BCV, 5/2012 - BCV, 11/2012 - BCV, 5/2013 - BCV, 5/2014 - BCV



MarieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #56
Tara8595
DIS Veteran
 
Tara8595's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 832

Subscribing - Need a good deal. Can't believe the Alamo prices are so crummy and nothing for my Tues-Sat trip in May. Booked with E-Z right now - at least it was under $200.
__________________
9/00-BWI, 12/00-CSR, 5/01-ASMo, 10/01-POR/AKL, 12/01-YC, 5/02-BWI, 7/02-AKL, 9/02-BC, 10/02-YC, 5/03-BWI, 9/03-Disneyland-DLH, 10/03-GF, 2/04-BWI, 5/04-POFQ, 10/04-Pop, 5/05-AKL, 6/05-Disneyland DGC, 8/05-Pop, 10/05-BWI, 1/06-ASMu, 8/06-Pop, 3/07-Pop, 2/08-Pop, 8/08-Poly(DS 1st visit), 1/09-Pop, 5/09-Pop, 10/09-AKL, 12/09-Contemp MK Tower, 3/10-Buena Vista Suites, 6/10-POR, 10/10-Disneyland DGC, 1/11-ASSp, 5/11-BCV, 9/11-POFQ, 11/11-Pop, 4/12-Pop, 5/12-Disneyland-ParkVueInn(yuck)/DLH, 10/12-Pop, 12/12-AoA, 1/13 CBR-Pirate, 5/13-Pop, 8/13-Pop, 11/13-BWV, 11/13 Caribe Royale, 5/14 Pop, 6/14-Disneyland DGC, 10/14-AoA
Tara8595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #57
Mike2023
DIS Veteran
 
Mike2023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,279

so right now I have 2 reservations, pre and post cruise.

May 9th - 16th - MCO - Port for $291.13
May 19th - 26th - Port - MCO for $158.68

Now my question,

If the price drops how do I make the adjustment? Do I just book with the same information and then cancel this reseration? or do I change the current reservation and just update the price?

Thanks,
__________________
Check out my Disney Vacation Planning Tools HERE where you can get pdf files for your Phone / iPad / PC / Mac.


{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #58
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran
 
chocovrdmicears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2023 View Post
so right now I have 2 reservations, pre and post cruise.

May 9th - 16th - MCO - Port for $291.13
May 19th - 26th - Port - MCO for $158.68

Now my question,

If the price drops how do I make the adjustment? Do I just book with the same information and then cancel this reseration? or do I change the current reservation and just update the price?

Thanks,
With the exception of the KLM code (you need to call and cancel for that one)- I have always booked a new deal if a better price comes along - then just go in and cancel the old one. Never had any problems doing that - and have done it quite a bit.
__________________
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #59
jadephoenixx
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears
With the exception of the KLM code (you need to call and cancel for that one)- I have always booked a new deal if a better price comes along - then just go in and cancel the old one. Never had any problems doing that - and have done it quite a bit.
You can also email them via the contact us link to cancel a KLM code reservation. I've done it a couple of times and it takes about 24 hrs for a confirmation reply of the cancellation
jadephoenixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #60
jpeppers
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Shelton, Wa
Posts: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmiller View Post
jpeppers, how long before you needed the rental did you see this great rate?
Thanks!
It was probably about 6 weeks out. It sucks but you have to be patient. I'm holding out for May this year now too! Good Luck!
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: