Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #466
mzozzietj
DIS Veteran

I always forget about the AP code for Alamo, Is it better than the 10% off with Insiders?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #467
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
I leave tomorrow and have to say, my rates never got better than what I booked months ago. I never got a "last minute" drop in prices. Since I leave April 30 I've been subscribing to both the April and May threads. This happened to me in late January for that trip. Those rates never got better too and no "last minute" drop in prices there either. I've already accepted that my price was the price I was going to pay, but secretly I kept hoping for a better price. I only rent through National and Alamo now, so that does slightly limit me. I've rented through Budget, Dollar and Hertz and perfer not to use them anymore. Nothing horrible to post about them other than the long lines, the hard sell for insurance, and the vehicle conditions. I even crunched the numbers for picking up at SOG and the price was not much better considering I needed a minivan for the second half of the trip. The savings was just a couple of dollars and not worth the hassle. Good luck to all and I hope the prices get better.
Did you find the cars at hertz tobe not in good condition?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
lillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #468
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Did you find the cars at hertz tobe not in good condition?
I didn't find the cars at Hertz to be bad. Actually the only company that I've found the cars to be pretty banged up has been budget. My DD had to point out all of the issues prior to renting with them last year, plus Budget added insurance even though she told them no, then she checked the total and noticed they added insurance anyhow and she pointed it out and they said, oh we must've not taken it off. Once they fixed it, she signed, but you really have to be careful when going to the counter for any of the companies now and know your price before signing. My only issue with Hertz was the hardsell to try to both get us to pay to upgrade and to buy insurance.
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #469
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzozzietj View Post
I always forget about the AP code for Alamo, Is it better than the 10% off with Insiders?
I've been using the AP code and generally it is the same as the insider. It is better than the Visa code and the last time I checked my rental is was better than the SW code too. In case anyone is interested, the DVC code is not very good at all.
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV

Old 04-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #470
mzozzietj
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I've been using the AP code and generally it is the same as the insider. It is better than the Visa code and the last time I checked my rental is was better than the SW code too. In case anyone is interested, the DVC code is not very good at all.
Lol I didn't even know we got a DVC. Discount
Old 04-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #471
joe-aka-papabear
Mouseketeer

Standard cars at MCO-Alamo ?

I thought I read somewhere that there wasnt a standard row at MCO for Alamo, can anyone confirm that? I am using a dbl upgrade coupon and that would make a compact upgrade to a full size.(triple upgrade)

Does anyone know what kind of fullsize are at Alamo other than Impalas'?
joe-aka-papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:15 AM   #472
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-aka-papabear View Post
I thought I read somewhere that there wasnt a standard row at MCO for Alamo, can anyone confirm that? I am using a dbl upgrade coupon and that would make a compact upgrade to a full size.(triple upgrade)

Does anyone know what kind of fullsize are at Alamo other than Impalas'?
Correct - there are no standards at MCO so if you book a standard you will choose from the mid-size section.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #473
nhmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
Correct - there are no standards at MCO so if you book a standard you will choose from the mid-size section.
Is this correct or is it the Full size section?
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #474
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmommy View Post
If you book standard you will choose from the full size lot. The other poster was not correct. Going from standard to mid-size would be a downgrade. We have booked standard from Alamo and have always been directed to the full size aisle.
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV

Old 04-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #475
mattcrimson
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

Agreed its full size
All Star Sports 2007-All Star Sports 2008-All Star Sports 2009-Pop Century 2011-Boardwalk 2012-Pop Century 2013-Boardwalk 2013 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge 2014-Disney Dream & Port Orleans Riverside
mattcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #476
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmommy View Post
Quote:
If you book standard you will choose from the full size lot. The other poster was not correct. Going from standard to mid-size would be a downgrade. We have booked standard from Alamo and have always been directed to the full size aisle.
Sorry - posted before I had enough coffee.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #477
travelcoupons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't find the cars at Hertz to be bad. Actually the only company that I've found the cars to be pretty banged up has been budget. My DD had to point out all of the issues prior to renting with them last year, plus Budget added insurance even though she told them no, then she checked the total and noticed they added insurance anyhow and she pointed it out and they said, oh we must've not taken it off. Once they fixed it, she signed, but you really have to be careful when going to the counter for any of the companies now and know your price before signing. My only issue with Hertz was the hardsell to try to both get us to pay to upgrade and to buy insurance.
Exactly the opposite for me. Hertz car was just a few hundred miles on it & no hard sell.
I guess YMMV.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #478
joe-aka-papabear
Mouseketeer

Coupon question

I'm sure it's posted but I can't find it. Can someone tell me what thhe Alamo $30 off coupon is from? AD2338FDF is the coupon I'm refering to. Do I have to print something or be a member of somewhere?
Thanx
joe-aka-papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #479
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was going to use the double upgrade coupon too. If I do that even though I book a compact, with the coupon it would put me to a standard. Would I at this point still choose from the full-size row?
TIA
kalliyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #480
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-aka-papabear View Post
I'm sure it's posted but I can't find it. Can someone tell me what thhe Alamo $30 off coupon is from? AD2338FDF is the coupon I'm refering to. Do I have to print something or be a member of somewhere?
Thanx
It is a Visa coupon code and technically you are to pay for the reservation with your Visa if you use it. There is also a Mastercard version, AD2335FDC if you prefer to pay with a Mastercard.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: